Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I run Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2007 as separate programs?

Options
  • 10-12-2013 11:31pm

Purchased office 2013 however server is only compatible up to Outlook 2007 so purchased a separate copy of 2007. I'd like to use Outlook 2007 as daily email driver and Outlook 2013 for another MS exchange email address. Is it possible to run both as separately as I don't want to run the two email accounts on Outlook 2007?
    Post edited by Capt'n Midnight on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

....I think so, only if they're doing two seperate things. The file type associations have to be split up, etc.

That would be a pretty fair question to throw out at the Microsoft support forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Do you know in what way the server is incompatible with Outlook 2013?

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Do you know in what way the server is incompatible with Outlook 2013?

My understanding is that because the server is Windows 2000 and already end of life.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot do this - Outlook is the exception in the Office suite in that every other product can happily co-exist alongside newer or older versions. I don't know the exact reason for this, but as far as I know it has something to do with how Outlook mail profiles are handled by Windows.

(...)

After a bit of googling, here is an article about Outlook profiles from Microsoft, from which I'm guessing that the issue is down to Outlook profiles being stored in the Registry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Locking zombie thread.

Also not sure this would work.

Microsoft are not sure it would work. They are however, very sure it won't work unless you jump through some hoops first. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/install-and-use-different-versions-of-office-on-the-same-pc-6ebb44ce-18a3-43f9-a187-b78c513788bf

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement