Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy Requires surgery

• 11-12-2013 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

My puppy is a year old, she was knocked down yesterday evening and the person failed to stop! We rushed her the a veterinary clinic & thankfully she made it through the night! Today we were told Shadow needs a operation as her hip bone and pelvis bone is broken, the operation is going to cost €700 does anyone know if there is any dog fund or clinic that helps towards veterinary fees? We are living in Letterkenny Co. Donegal! Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You could talk to your vet and see will they set up a payment plan for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ashysmyth1

They need €350 up front to start the operation and then €100 every week after but we only have an income of €300 a week so paying that and rent will leave us with barely anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Do you have pet insurance by any chance?

unfortunately we don't! I have heard before there is a certain animal charity that will help with veterinary bills but I couldn't find
    out which charity it was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

What part of the country are you based OP? Are you qualifying for Job Seekers allowance?

If you'd rather not disclose this info on here, please PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OP mentioned they are in donegal

Yes, I am based in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal! I have also sent you pm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Jesus OP, really hope you get something sorted. Hopefully you find someway to get the money. The credit union might be something to think about if all else fails, low interest loan that can be paid back in a reasonable amount of time.

Thank-you!

Advertisement