Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Season & Draft

Options
  • 11-12-2013 12:24am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads.. even if we motor through all of the games, its realistically going to be this time next week before we get to the SB but probably a little later.

What are peoples thoughts on timings?
    Below are the stages we need to get through and we normally have 2 days for each one, but given its Christmas people may not be around etc so it wouldnt be fair having FA through the christmas break.

Do we stop at the SB and then just start again in the new year or do we do as much of the below as we can (i would aim to stop on the evening of the 23rd if we go down that road which could mean we are mid FA1/FA2 or something)

FA signing part 1
    FA signing part 2
    FA signing part 3 (scouting will also be open for this period)
    Official Scouting

Draft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im already ready to go whenever, Christmas Day included :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Realistically it will probably be say Friday week before the Super Bowl is played, so week starting Monday 23rd of December before we get going on season two. As you say we're aiming to finish up around the 23rd anyway, we'd probably be better off just leaving it until the New Year, starting back around Monday 6th of January?

I know it's a 2 week break but it might be better to start fresh in the New Year and get a proper, uninterrupted run at it because God knows there will be confusion regarding signing players etc if people are jumping in and out with no real structure set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Christmas was when I hoped to get more games played due to people being off work (broad assumption I know).

Rotten kids get in the way of everything!

My high value picks are up for grabs for a top MLB and ive lots of cap space next year if someone is interested in a pre draft trade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully, personally i'm very keen to go with what you've outlined

@Nelbert with social activities you find that peoples availability will probably be less than a normal week!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

I second Paully's option

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think we could do something like this (with the aim of kicking off on the Thursday 9th.

Re-signings from post Superbowl to Thursday 2nd Jan

Free Agency 1 Thursday 2nd Jan - Monday Evening 6th Jan (8pm)

Free Agency 2 Monday Evening 6th Jan - Tuesday evening 7th Jan (8pm)

Free Agency 3 Tuesday Evening 7th Jan - Wednesday 8th Jan (6pm)
    Scouting can be done here

Forward to official Scouting @ 6pm On Wednesday

Start the draft on Wednesday @ 9pm

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I think we could do something like this (with the aim of kicking off on the Thursday 9th.

Re-signings from post Superbowl to Thursday 2nd Jan

Free Agency 1 Thursday 2nd Jan - Monday Evening 6th Jan (8pm)

Free Agency 2 Monday Evening 6th Jan - Tuesday evening 7th Jan (8pm)

Free Agency 3 Tuesday Evening 7th Jan - Wednesday 8th Jan (6pm)
    Scouting can be done here

Forward to official Scouting @ 6pm On Wednesday

Start the draft on Wednesday @ 9pm

Thoughts?

Could half the first FA day. Speed it up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

I think waiting till the new year is best we don't what someone logging on after a night out over Christmas and spending all their cap on a back on free agent they never heard of.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Could half the first FA day. Speed it up a bit.

yeah we could make it shorter but i dont want someone missing out on FA either which is why i made it so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

That sounds good to me. Hopefully I'll be able to jump back in once the Christmas madness is over in this new store.

• Advertisement

Is there any way we could decrease the amount of CPU teams in the league, i was asking a few of my mates about joining up but its not looking like a runner with them.

Is there any way we could decrease the amount of CPU teams in the league, i was asking a few of my mates about joining up but its not looking like a runner with them.

I'd love to have a full league but we generally average around 25 human teams

I'd love to have a full league but we generally average around 25 human teams

Yeah i know, its a shame though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The start of Madden 2013 had 32 human teams for a while but a few (including myself) ended up having to drop out. It would be great to get the full league again though. CPU games are a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Eamon when are you around?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

empacher wrote: »
    Eamon when are you around?

Presume you posted in the wrong thread. I just posted in the other thread.

I think some rounds of the fa could be one day. The first round and at a stretch the second are important but after that who cares.

The draft will have to be decided on by a vote of who is available.

I wouldn't be against getting the off season out of the way over Xmas. We could possibly have longer fa rounds. I just want to start playing games asap in the new year. Start the defence of my super bowl title... Yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Balls. I'm in Australia from 18th till the 1st. My team will be decimated!

Advertisement