Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke/heat detector regs

Options
  • 11-12-2013 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

I'm going to put a smoke/heat detector circuit in a holiday home I have that hasn't had one previously. I'm a bit rusty on regs so just wanted to check. It's a three bed bungalow. I was going to put a heat in the kitchen, a smoke in the joining living room, a smoke in the hall outside the bedrooms and another heat in the sitting room at the end of the hallway. Is that enough to cover it? Also, can I wire it in three core .75 flex using the earth as the link?
    Is there anything I'm missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Depending on layout of your bungalow
    Heat kitchen
    Smoke main living room
    Smoke enterance hall
    Smoke other end hall(outside bedrooms)

If in doubt you can always add another to be sure

Wire in 1.5 t&e with 1.5 PVC/PVC interlink

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Thanks for the reply. Is there a reason I shouldn't use flex? I thought having it in a single cable might be neater. That said, I do have about 4 coils of 1.5 pvc/pvc lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

flex is allowed for fixed wiring
    1.5 minimum
    gr/yellow for interconnect not allowed
    it's 4-5 alarms for building regs
    if you go onto the EI website they've got some good guides

Advertisement