Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missold PPI Query.

Options
  • 11-12-2013 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

When i lived in England i had out a loan. I had to return to Ireland due to a family illness shortly after i took out the loan. The loan has been fully paid off now for a few years and I never gave it a second thought until last week i got a letter from the financial institution involved advising that i may have been missold PPI. I found the details of the loan and it states that in order for me to be able to make a claim i have to be residing in the UK. In other words i was paying PPI even thought i would not have been able to make a claim as i was residing outside the UK for the majority of the duration of the loan. When i took out the loan i didnt realise i would be returning to Ireland. My question is am i entitled to a refund on the PPI i was paying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Is the letter just telling you they are doing an automatic review or are you expected to reply? The fact that you moved home doesn't make it misselling unless there is any other reason why it may have been. You should have contacted them and cancelled it when you moved so that is unlikely to be grounds for refund but who knows, there are other reasons why it may not have been suitable, if you don't have to reply then just wait until their review is complete.

I actually got a refund lately of a small amount I had paid for a PPI policy 5 yrs ago based on an internal review by the bank. I was most definitely not mis sold the policy, I knew exactly what I was doing and why but apparently the bank think otherwise, even gave me €5 compo for my troubles!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 goldkerry

5 euro. Yeah i realise i wasn't actually missold it but i was wondering what would happen due to fact i moved home but continued to pay it. To be honest i forgot all about the PPI side of it. They sent me 12 pages to fill in and return. In my opinion i probably wasn't missold the policy but the fact that i continued to pay for something that i wouldn't be able to make a claim on... would that entitle me to any sort of refund.

Advertisement