Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get the Irish FGC in a documentary... sort of.

Options
  • 11-12-2013 6:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

FGC: Rise of the Fighting Game Community is currently being Kickstarted: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/751732666/fgc-rise-of-the-fighting-game-community

It's a documentary charting the development of the FGC and what have you. Looks like it could be fun. It's looking like it'll be a close thing if they manage to make their funding, but I'm going to throw some money at them either way. KS doesn't take any money if they don't get funded, so there's no risk in doing so.

One of the tiers listed is :
    Pledge $150 or more

You’ll have the opportunity to send us in a two minute video showcasing your local community to be shown during the credits of the film as well as on our website. You’ll also get the Blu-ray Special Edition, + Digital Copy + name on credits and website. (Note: Clip may be edited due to time constraints, but will be featured in full on our website and social networks).

I'm not really up for putting that much money forward, however I would be willing to put $100 in if y'all can make up the remaining $50. That's Less than €5 each if ten people sign up. My only requirement is that I get to keep the Blu-Ray :pac:

If the money can be at least agreed upon by the end of tomorrow I'll buy that contribution level and someone can collect the money and put it into my bank or PayPal it or something.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I could deffo put a fiver to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I will put one in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

It's less than the cost of a burrito.

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

There's always risk attached to Kickstarter projects. Just a point to keep in mind.

Would be interesting to see Irish FGC featured. Would chip €5 in...

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Will donate €10 at least. If we get close to that I may fill in the difference. Maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ill throw in 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

You have my fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

I'll give five too

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

take my money too!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Do we need to get the money to you or how is that going to work?

• Advertisement

Kanped wrote: »
    Do we need to get the money to you or how is that going to work?

I say we give all money to me I'll get it to Sairus.

You guys can trust me...
    Probably best we all paypal it to his account or something

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Yeah but I live 3 hours away and I'm too tied up in Uni stuff and gigs to get down until January at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

So...do we get a timeshare of the Blu ray? :D And before any money is donated, we should prob check if DooM is willing to put together the 2 minute showcase as well...

🤪

Hang on, I thought this wanna gonna be a 2min showing pipe after pipe from UMVC3 gameplay while Lythero screams
    objection repeatedly?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    So...do we get a timeshare of the Blu ray? :D And before any money is donated, we should prob check if DooM is willing to put together the 2 minute showcase as well...

Aside from his vlogs, DooM never does any recording of this type, so I don't really think it has to be dropped on his shoulders.
    I imagine what'd work best is at one of the big events there are coming up (Road to Cannes?) is to get someone to make the clip. Maybe even call in a favor with someone who's experienced with filming stuff like this. I dunno, obviously I'ma leave organizing that sort of thing on your side of the planet.

As for getting money to me, it's probably easiest if it's all put into Paypal or bank account (I have no preference) in one lump sum, but if that can't be arranged individual pieces can be put into my account too?

Also, the KS met its funding goal earlier: www.kickstarter.com/projects/751732666/fgc-rise-of-the-fighting-game-community

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Wow, $50 has been tallied up already! Cheers guys, I'll get the tier after classes today :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'd be willing to film it and edit it together

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

lol@thisthread

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

I'll stick a fiver in it would be kwl to have the ifgc in the documentary
    Also has this paypal or what is being used to collect the money setup yet?

Advertisement