Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motion Sensor Lighting

Options
  • 11-12-2013 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi Folks;

Anyome recommend the best place or best motion sensor light for a gable end of a house?

I've gone through 2 of these items in the last 3 years for no reason other than the quality of the light itself I suppose!

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are lots of LED options available now, much more reliable & longer lasting than halogen lamps. Also a lot more economical to run at 30-50 watts insted of 300-500.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭LeBash

ogrady14 wrote: »
    Hi Folks;

Anyome recommend the best place or best motion sensor light for a gable end of a house?

I've gone through 2 of these items in the last 3 years for no reason other than the quality of the light itself I suppose!

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

Local Wholesaler will generally have something decent. If you want a halogen the brands that give very little trouble are Friedland, Theben and Steinal. Im sure there are others but just about everyone here will swear by those.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 on Steinal. Well worth the extra few euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ogrady14

Cheers lads, great to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I saw some in Woodies, with the low energy light bulbs, around 25euro, 40 watts. I wasn't sure how bright this would be, would it compare to a traditional 300 watt?

• Advertisement
Advertisement