Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2??

Options
  • 11-12-2013 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

huy guys im just wondering if there is any chatter about a U2 gig being lined up next year in ireland??

i read somewhere that they will be involved in the world cup somehow but with the album coming out in the spring surely a dublin gig/s is on the horizon??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

3 nights in The O2 in April is what I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

It won't be Croke Park anyway.

Can't see it happenning with the change of management this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

If they tour next year it'll be on a smaller scale than the previous tour. One Direction have the 3 Croke Park dates used up anyway so that's out of the running.

Seeing them in the O2 would be good for a change considering they haven't played an arena/smallish venue in Ireland since the late 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

O2 tickets would be like gold dust!

It would be such a great venue to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Most likely a string of gigs at the Aviva. I can't see them playing the O2 - it's way too small. Even on their 2001 Elevation Arena Tour they played Slane here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I'm hoping they do 200 nights in the Olympia....:rolleyes:

Seriously though if they even did just 5 nights that would be class. I know tickets would be gone in an instant but it would be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

I'm hoping they do 200 nights in the Olympia....:rolleyes:

it would be great...

Absolutely - if you got a ticket :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Last time round the album was released in Feb, with the tour starting in June.

The last 4 tours have come to Ireland in 97,01,05,09.

Yeah I would imagine they will play here if the album comes out as expected around April, touring possibly late summer. Slane again perhaps?! They've always spoke of their desire to play in the redesigned Point. It would have to be like 10 nights though to meet demand. Maybe a one off warm up stripped down show before the big juggernaut tour.

Advertisement