Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite place to eat in Ennis?

• 11-12-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Personally, I love the Sherwood. Can't go wrong with the fast enough service, Decent food and a very reasonable price.

I also love knoxx 3 course early bird for 20 euro or so.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Honestly I stopped going to the Sherwood years ago because I ordered a steak bleu and yer man told me it was against regulations (which is rubbish) so I ordered it rare and it tasted like it was left over from the day before so I knew why he said it. For me chicken Cesar salad in Knox's is unbelievable, they do great food. Otherwise a Chinese or Indian is the call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Honestly I stopped going to the Sherwood years ago because I ordered a steak bleu and yer man told me it was against regulations (which is rubbish) so I ordered it rare and it tasted like it was left over from the day before so I knew why he said it. For me chicken Cesar salad in Knox's is unbelievable, they do great food. Otherwise a Chinese or Indian is the call.

Yea I've noticed the sherwood is touch or go during the weekend but during the week the food is great, In my opinion. And yea I really love that salad, to fkin die for :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

For me if it's during the day it's the Pepper Mill, if it's for take away it's the Pepper Mill, it's constantly good and no delays as well as the fact that everyone that works there seems very nice. In the evening, I'd be a fan of the Old Ground, the vol au vent every time. For a meal I'd be a fan of The Dining Room as well. I'd also give Season's 52 or Knox's a go as well, Temple Gate has been really good every time I've been there as well. There's a new restaurant upstairs in O'Halloran's as well, I must try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

1. Suas
    2. The Dining Room
    3. The Pepper Mill

I don't tend to eat out for dinner (just lunch) so I'm not sure what's good in that department really.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

i love de goats cheese wrap in food heaven - always get it with chicken and comes with a big salad as i get a takeaway
    sheils do good daily specials too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

What's in the big salad?

Big lettuce, big carrots, tomatoes like volleyballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Seasons 52 and The Local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Seasons 52, great value and always seems to be buzzing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I love the cloister. the Food is amazing, excellent service & lovely chilled atmosphere. Love cairde for lunch during the day, pancakes are amaze but make sure you've someone to share them with! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The Pepper Mill, Rowan Tree and the Old Ground would be my favourites. I find the Mogal very good also, staff are very nice in there and remember you. Haven't gone to the Sherwood in years so can't comment there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

The Cloister
    Seasons 52
    Knox's
    Abbey Tavern (Quinn)

Just discovered a new Fish and Chip shop on the Tulla Road (inside Fitzpatricks) I think it's called Liscannor Bay Fish and Chips.

Home-made chips with choice of Cod, Haddock or Whiting freshly battered and cooked to order. Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The Cloister. I think the bar is actually nicer than upstairs. The setting upstairs is lovely but the menu is a little bit limited. Much more of a choice downstairs.

Abbey Tavern in Quin. Haven't been there in a while, but it's a really nice spot. Had a beautiful chicken pasta dish with garlic ciabatta bread recently. Very generous size portions here too.

Bonfire. Very tasty Indian. Everything always seems to be very fresh and just cooked.

Food Heaven. Nice for lunch, but try and get in before 1pm as the place tends to fill up.

Cafe Noir in Glor. Also nice for lunch. Goats cheese quiche is particularly tasty.

I know these two are outside Ennis, but Carrygerry House is fantastic and Zest in Shannon never fails. Always really consistent. Fish 'n' chips is probably my favourite here.

Starving now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

The Old Ground
    The Silver House
    Mogul
    Bonfire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Is there any places in town for a proper Philly cheese steak sandwich?

Advertisement