Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyonce World Tour 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

A V A wrote: »
    was there a que or anything ??

Yeah, there were three people in front of me and my friend. We tried to get tickets for the Saturday, and it sold out while we were in the shop. I don't know how exactly they do it, but it's electronically anyway, and there's no guarantee that you'll get them, but I think we had a better chance this morning going down there than if we'd tried online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Happened to walk past ticketmaster this morning around 11 and ask if they were all sold out (resigned myself to the fact I'd never get them, had no money on my debit card and had to do school run at time they went on sale), they weren't sold out- got me some Beyonce tickets!!! Delighted! So glad I just chanced it! For the 12th, can't wait!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

lol i woke up at 20 past night and got seating tickets up on my screen about 20 times no problem refreshing fo them :confused: got tickets for the saturday tho :) make a night of it . . . im a bloke btw lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

for those who have seen beyonce live before, will she play her hits or will it be all from her new album? I got her new album as a pressie and not mad about it. I know its annoying for the artist when the audience only wanna hear their old singles but era i am not a massive fan; just wanna see her live and i do like some of her singles..

sporina wrote: »
    for those who have seen beyonce live before, will she play her hits or will it be all from her new album? I got her new album as a pressie and not mad about it. I know its annoying for the artist when the audience only wanna hear their old singles but era i am not a massive fan; just wanna see her live and i do like some of her singles..

Not sure tbh, she incorporated some of the new songs into one of her shows soon after the album was released but she had it as a kind of "learn my new songs" type set rather than a full performance afaik, give the album a few listens before then cause it is a bit of a grower, at first I was thinking "oh Beyonce what were you thinking?!" :pac: but now its my favourite album atm

• Advertisement

The new album is brilliant. Best thing she's ever done, in my opinion. I'm hoping for a few of the new tracks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

sporina wrote: »

All her tours she played her hits, the new album will be mixed in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Would anyone have any idea what time this concert might be over at?

I need to get a nitelink from town at 12 and worried I won't make it. It'd prob be over by 11.30pm yeah? It's for Saturday nights show.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

saggycaggy wrote: »

I need to get a nitelink from town at 12 and worried I won't make it. It'd prob be over by 11.30pm yeah? It's for Saturday nights show.

Thanks.
    It's usually over at about 11-11.30

Great stuff thanks. Yeah I just had a look at previous threads about her concert a few years ago and it generally seems to be over by 11.30pm at the latest. I better bring flats to leg it to city center after! Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Great stuff thanks. Yeah I just had a look at previous threads about her concert a few years ago and it generally seems to be over by 11.30pm at the latest. I better bring flats to leg it to city center after! Thanks again.

if you leave quite promptly after the gig ends and go to the queue for the Luas, there are usually two of them waiting to take people back into town.

If you have already bought your Luas ticket, you can go straight onto it. (the stewards direct people who do not have a return ticket, to the kiosks to buy a ticket)

They don't take long to fill and when the Luas leaves, it takes about 8 minutes to get back to Bus Aras, whereas it might take 15 minutes to walk back into town.

It might be worthwhile contacting Aiken Promotions who will be able to tell you what time the show will end.

Is it a Dublin Bus nitelink you aim to get? Or is it perhaps the number 30 Donegal bus at midnight from Bus Aras?

If it is the Donegal bus you aim to get, just to say that, since the Bus Station locks up at 11pm, (a lot of people don't realise that), the number 30 bus will usually be parked on the Store Street side of Bus Aras before leaving and will let passengers get on there.

If the bus is not already parked on Store Street at around 11.50pm, or parked at the main entrance side at around 11.50pm, some of the drivers leave from inside the station shortly before midnight and will drive around to the main entrance side and will pick up there,

(If you keep an eye out for it on the Store Street corner of Bus Aras as it leaves from behind the gates of the station, you'll see it)

This bus leaves Donegal at 7pm and gets to Dublin around 11pm, or shortly before 11pm and does a return journey every night of the week at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Thanks.

It will be over by 11pm. All gigs in recent time at the O2 have to be finished by that time.

You will be back in town well before 12.

Thanks for all that info Horseburger, ha yeah I'm from Donegal but living in Dublin so it's the Dublin nitelink i'll be getting :)

The next one isn't until 2am so I'd like to try and make the 12 one. I'd say i'd walk/run it rather than go for the Luas, might even grab a taxi one the way up the Quays sure!

Thanks again!

I doubt it'll be even as late as 11. It's a built up area, I'd say they'll have to be done at around half 10.

I doubt it'll be even as late as 11. It's a built up area, I'd say they'll have to be done at around half 10.

Nah it was over around 11pm last time i went, the night before that she was late and it was 11.20pm.

Nah it was over around 11pm last time i went, the night before that she was late and it was 11.20pm.

Do you know, are each of her shows the same set list?

I'm just wondering are these shows the same set list as the ones last May?

I must have a look at setlist.fm!:)

Do you know, are each of her shows the same set list?

I'm just wondering are these shows the same set list as the ones last May?

I must have a look at setlist.fm!:)

No the setlist is not the same as last year. She has added a lot of the new album in there. A lot of the show is different.

I actually love how all the tickets touts are now panicking to try and sell their tickets lol

Does anyone know who the support act is?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Hey, for those who were in the O2 Dublin last night, what time did the show start and what time did it finish? thanks

• Advertisement

Tuhula wrote: »
    Hey, for those who were in the O2 Dublin last night, what time did the show start and what time did it finish? thanks

I wasn't there, but on twitter people started posting pics around 9 30, so i'd guess she was on around 9 15, 9 20. It was over just after 11pm. She should be eariler tonight since it's the 2nd night.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

I wasn't there, but on twitter people started posting pics around 9 30, so i'd guess she was on around 9 15, 9 20. It was over just after 11pm. She should be eariler tonight since it's the 2nd night.

Thanks Dontfadeaway :)

people postng pictures on twitter???:confused::confused::confused: this always baffles me why people feel the need to take pictures and post it on a social newtork site there and then , they payed to see the show :mad: pisses me off

Just home. She came on at 8 20 tonight, was shocked. It was over just after 10pm.

Yep, was finished quite early tonight. I thought we'd have to leg it to catch our bus at 23:45, but we ended up hanging around for an hour afterwards.

It was a great show though. She puts on some performance, giving it loads and her voice sounds fantastic live. Was pretty surprised by some of the people around me though - a few people who didn't seem all that interested in even being there, just standing there, not dancing or singing along or anything, and a lot of people who didn't seem to recognize any of her new music. Thought it was a bit surprising since it's a new tour with new material.

I had a great time though with my friends! Flawless was a particular highlight.

8.20 , jesus thats really early , havent heard of an headline act coming on that early

I'm so excited about this, thanks to the people posting details without giving anything away! Hope everyone else enjoys themselves too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

A V A wrote: »
    8.20 , jesus thats really early , havent heard of an headline act coming on that early

I have, Bruce Springsteen 7.30 till 10.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bonnie_

Really enjoyed the gig and thank you to the O2 box office staff who sorted me out with a new ticket after mine was stolen/pick-pocketed from my handbag at the luas stop by a group of young girls - be careful out there!

• Advertisement

I have, Bruce Springsteen 7.30 till 10.45.

hi

just curious, was at this one of the gigs last year, or one of the RDS dates from 2012?

I saw him in the RDS in May 2003 and they played from 7.25pm (five minutes before he was due to start:))till 10.35pm!:)

Advertisement