Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyonce World Tour 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭robo

A V A wrote: »
    8.20 , jesus thats really early , havent heard of an headline act coming on that early

Ah some one has to put Blue Ivy to bed at a reasonable hour in fairness to her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

hi

just curious, was at this one of the gigs last year, or one of the RDS dates from 2012?

I saw him in the RDS in May 2003 and they played from 7.25pm (five minutes before he was due to start:))till 10.35pm!:)

Kings hall, Belfast, he came out and did 5 acoustic songs at 5.30 too. Legend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I have, Bruce Springsteen 7.30 till 10.45.

but look at how long he plays for, he's a champ , but has to stay to that stage time incase he falls asleep on stage :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

A V A wrote: »
    but look at how long he plays for, he's a champ , but has to stay to that stage time incase he falls asleep on stage :P:D

You may be right, them young pretenders all take a break for a nap half way through their concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

yeah she was on super early - kinda guessed that though with it being a sunday.. unreal show - as always though.. wish I was taller for gigs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Kings hall, Belfast, he came out and did 5 acoustic songs at 5.30 too. Legend.

I think he did In Dreams by Roy Orbison, as one of those five tunes!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭Tim Riggins

very early finish but very enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Can someone please tell me where we are approx

"GA1RowG4Seats85 - 88

Description NO CAMERAS OR RECORDERS
    STANDING
    GROUND FLOOR STANDING
    PRICE LEVEL 2"

like are we standing or seated?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Stressica wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me where we are approx

"GA1RowG4Seats85 - 88

Description NO CAMERAS OR RECORDERS
    STANDING
    GROUND FLOOR STANDING
    PRICE LEVEL 2"

like are we standing or seated?

Standing

GA is General Admission, the G4 85-88 is just there way of keeping tack of numbers

so technically we can go anywhere providing we get there reeeally early? :0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Heading to her tomorrow, who's the supporting act?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Stressica wrote: »
    so technically we can go anywhere providing we get there reeeally early? :0

ANYWHERE on the ground floor, if your there early enough you can go on the barrier, UNLESS they're selling some special package which included early entry/on the barrier

any idea what time people started queuing for the concert on Sunday?

I'm standing (GA) so I guess as early as possible? Hoping to be there for 2:30ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Amazing show by Beyonce last night. A more avant-garde new wave direction, musically and visually.

Got a ticket on Ticketb*st*rd yesterday morning, strangely enough...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Anyone any suggestions for how early to be there for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Tasden wrote: »
    Anyone any suggestions for how early to be there for?

She came on stage last night at 9.15, support was a DJ Monsieur Adi who played a lot of hip hop (and very well).

Though apparently she was on at 8.20 on Sunday night so it's hard to tell.

I think the gig the other nights from what I've read on here and heard from others was about 1 hour 40 minutes the first three nights, but last night it definitely exceeded the two hour mark.

I got there at 7.20 and got through Entrance 2 within about ten minutes. It was very well organised last night, easy to get to the bar and toilets at all times and crowd attentive. Wish I was going again which is funny for me as I'm not a Beyonce fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Last night, the Tuesday 11th March, started at 9.23pm and ended at 11.04pm. Fabulous show!!

I took a photo at the start of the show and at the very end when FIN was on the video display.

I find at gigs, that taking a photo at the start and end, is a handy way of being able to record the length of time of a gig. :)

Monsieur Adi started at 7.45pm ended his set at 8.14pm (ish!:), when he took a photo of the crowd.

I think the set list is the same for every show. If anyone who is going tonight can detail what the set tonight is, that'd be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I went on Saturday night. I also went last May. Last year's show was basically a greatest hits tour. This 2014 show is heavily based on her new album, so I can see how people may feel suprise or disappointment. For me last year was ten times better. This year's show was still top quality though as always. I reckon she's planning on ending this tour and going off to have another child asap.

I ended up getting there at 4pm and waited in the queue, cold but worth it as I was right up against the barrier so had amazing views :D

Amazing performance, only criticism I would have is that I think her mike could have been higher or the music lower, that's just me though and it was my first concert so either way still on cloud 9!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I thought it was better for having the new material. Her new album is the most interesting music she's ever made. I don't know why anyone would be surprised or disappointed, to be honest, since she released the album last year before tickets even went on sale for this concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I thought it was better for having the new material. Her new album is the most interesting music she's ever made. I don't know why anyone would be surprised or disappointed, to be honest, since she released the album last year before tickets even went on sale for this concert.

Are you really being honest, though? You genuinely can't see why anyone would be surprised or disappointed? Or do you just mean that you were happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

whirlpool wrote: »
    Are you really being honest, though? You genuinely can't see why anyone would be surprised or disappointed? Or do you just mean that you were happy with it.

No, I honestly don't. She released the new album before tickets for this concert went on sale. New material should indicate a new tour. If you don't want to hear the new material, why buy a ticket for the concert? Or at least listen to the new record and be familiar with the new songs before going. Being disappointed when she sings songs off a brand new record that has been out since before Christmas doesn't make sense to me. It's not like she just started singing a bunch of songs no one has ever heard of. The album has been everywhere for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

whirlpool wrote: »
    I went on Saturday night. I also went last May. Last year's show was basically a greatest hits tour. This 2014 show is heavily based on her new album, so I can see how people may feel suprise or disappointment. For me last year was ten times better. This year's show was still top quality though as always. I reckon she's planning on ending this tour and going off to have another child asap.

I disagree with that. She dropped the songs from "4" and replaced them with the new songs.

All the hits were still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

I disagree with that. She dropped the songs from "4" and replaced them with the new songs.

All the hits were still there.

this is typical for people who go to a gig and wanna only hear the hits..

a good artist is ever evolving - and beyonce is right now..

it was a new tour - new style - new music - the real fans will appreciate that - whether they like her new direction is a new thing..

but if she played all the old stuff, if would be considered stale.. she is still in her prime..

i was not there last yr but i assume the performances wer different? all female band? the twins?

and she did play the hits in this show.. it was not all just the new stuff..

i love her new stuff - its got attitude.. and heavy on the bass..

She was really good. A lot of people beforehand were saying the show was very "different" and "not very beyonce", I think if you hadn't heard/seen much of her new album you would hold that opinion but it was pretty much what I expected give or take a few things. I got right up the front (so many people collapsing/fainting) and to say she's as beautiful as you'd expect is an understatement, my god the woman is perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I have been to every one of her shows in Ireland and the woman keeps getting better and better. Her new album is amazing and I was delighted she had changed so much of the tour to incorporate the new stuff.
    The last concert in May was not a greatest hits tour! It was based on her album 4 with a few usual oldies... Just like all her tours include! I was hoping she would incorporate the new stuff and she did! She somehow managed to keep some of the stuff from four, the oldies and the new album! It was just brilliant!
    My only two disappointments were
    1. She dropped grown woman which is one of my favourite songs but I understand it's tied very closely to Pepsi and she only had it on the album as a bonus track too and
    2 the damn independent newspaper had tweeted that jayz would perform drunk in love with her so I had my hopes up for that but that wasn't really her fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "I find at gigs, that taking a photo at the start and end, is a handy way of being able to record the length of time of a gig. smile.png".

Or you could look at your watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

The concert on Sat night was very good but I felt like it was lacking more upbeat songs. I have listened to her new album tons of times and its a great album but when you are on a night out you really do need to keep entertained and moving/singing etc. I found myself only really dancing to 3/4 songs, the like flawless (best song of the night), drunk on love etc. Don't get me wrong she is a talent and I'm glad to of seen her but I was expecting to be blown away. When I went to Rihanna last year I thought she was brilliant, she made the whole atmosphere amazing, everyone was buzzing, it was like a massive nightclub!!

Also I was very pissed off with JayZ not coming out, he supported her during most of the Europe tour and even in the UK a few nights before coming to Ireland but didn't bother to come out for us, and then I see him swanning around Phoenix park.....disappointing.

• Advertisement

skeg16 wrote: »

Also I was very pissed off with JayZ not coming out, he supported her during most of the Europe tour and even in the UK a few nights before coming to Ireland but didn't bother to come out for us, and then I see him swanning around Phoenix park.....disappointing.

Bit harsh! :o its her tour, people are there to see her not her husband, when he performs with her its an extra not something to be expected, you can hardly begrudge him a trip to the Phoenix park with his family like!

Advertisement