Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a day in Mullaghmore, watching (hopefully) surfers

Options
  • 11-12-2013 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,
    forecast for Sunday and Monady are pretty good, with 14-20 foot waves.
    (i ve seen this on magicseaweed.com)

I m planning to drive up to Sligo and spend a day by myself taking photos.

am i going to see any surfer?.. has anybody been up there recently?

also, I ll take my parents for a day in the area after Xmas.. same question again.. if waves are good, are people surfing in that period of the year?

sorry for silly question.. but I don't wonna drive 2 hours just to look at waves!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

some nice solid swell coming in alright the weekend, but I'm not sure if it's enough for the big waves you might be hoping for in mullaghmore. keep an eye on surfworld ireland website and if there's people planning on heading out for a session it will be heavily mentioned there on social media etc.

if the waves are pumping people will be on them rail hail or snow don't worry about that.
    plenty of other waves that could be working if mullaghmore isn't anyways

if the wind behaves it could be a nice weekend. it's looking very strong in the prediction right now but it's a little far out still to be accurate for sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

Hey turniton, promethius is right in everything he said. Just wanted to add, if no one is out on the head surfing, try driving down the old main road along the coast toward Bundoran. Its all tide dependant...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yasminwearing

Hello! if you are heading that way after christmas, could I come in for the ride? I am happy to help out with fuel costs etc. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

Saturday morning 25th...!! Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Unreal...
    Kudos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭atilladehun

stunning.

Advertisement