Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't load a .co.uk version of a website

Options
  • 11-12-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase something from an online service provider. They have .ie and .co.uk websites as they are an international company. The exact same service is significantly cheaper if I order it on the .co.uk site Vs the .ie site but I'm unable to log onto the .co.uk site. Everytime I try to log into the .co.uk site it automatically changes to the .com version of the site which presents an Irish flag (I assume it's looking up my IP address) and only offers me Euro pricing.

BTW I know the .co.uk site is cheaper as I have a pal in the UK who looked it up for me!!

I want to purchase the service via their UK site. Any suggestions as to how I can prevent their website from determining I'm based in Ireland and automatically switching me to Euro pricing?

Ben

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 141 ✭✭BeerFear

Will need a UK proxy. There's some free online but wouldn't use them with banking details. You could buy a UK proxy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

A UK proxy server

[edit] or get your UK pal to order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks Lads, probably more hassle than it's worth this time. Will get my mate to order it for me!!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

You could try use a proxy for the initial connection to the page, find the product and switch off the proxy, then click buy. The website may not have its location redirection set up to check on every page. No cc details over proxy then.

Could use a proxy like expat shield etc.

Advertisement