Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG SMART TV APPS

• 11-12-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

I bought a LG smart tv for my parents for xmas off amazon. IT arrived yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at how sharp the picture is - not that my parents will notice.

Does anyone know what apps i can get for it - RTE player, 4OD etc? I had a quick look last night but can't find anything of use other than netflix. Would like to have it set up before i give it to them

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Samsung TV's are the only ones to support RTE Player for some reason. I don't think any of the brands will support 4OD out of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Yep no rte player app for lg but very straightforward to bookmark on browser.

Just got one also. Tbh haven't used much in the way of apps bar netflix and Facebook and even them not too much...finding using my tv as a tv.

byte

higster wrote: »
    Yep no rte player app for lg but very straightforward to bookmark on browser.

Just got one also. Tbh haven't used much in the way of apps bar netflix and Facebook and even them not too much...finding using my tv as a tv.
    Does RTE Player work through the browser? Wasn't sure if LG TV's have Flash Player. Curious to know if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sayno

byte wrote: »
    Does RTE Player work through the browser? Wasn't sure if LG TV's have Flash Player. Curious to know if it works.
    The Rte player will not work through the browser as it is not flash enabled. I have had an LG for a year. Greta picture but Internet through the TV does not really work in my opinion

byte

sayno wrote: »
    The Rte player will not work through the browser as it is not flash enabled. I have had an LG for a year. Greta picture but Internet through the TV does not really work in my opinion
    Yeah, it seems Samsung might be the only brand to support Flash Player. Maybe that's why they're the only brand to also have an RTE Player app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Have you tried Netflix on the LG? What do you mean by the internet through TV not working?

My old 32inch Samsung broke and I'm looking for a 40inch. Was thinking LG or Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sayno

con1982 wrote: »
    Have you tried Netflix on the LG? What do you mean by the internet through TV not working?

My old 32inch Samsung broke and I'm looking for a 40inch. Was thinking LG or Samsung.

What I meant was that if you want to surf the net or check emails then a laptop or a tablet is more suited to the task

We have netflix and you tube through the TV and they work well. Picture quality on the LG is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭dubrov

I wouldn't buy a Samsung if you intend to use flash in the web browser.
    It is inconsistent at best with frequent crashes.

RTE player runs well though

• Registered Users Posts: 1 camthelegend

The more recent LG Smart TVs have Flash 11 installed and my LG42LN578V is able to view the web based RTE Player. Older (eg 2011) LG TVs do not have flash, so this creates some mis-information for those looking to buy a new TV.
    However, I don't know if there is a way to update Flash on the TV, so it may only be a matter of time before it becomes outdated.

byte

The more recent LG Smart TVs have Flash 11 installed and my LG42LN578V is able to view the web based RTE Player. Older (eg 2011) LG TVs do not have flash, so this creates some mis-information for those looking to buy a new TV.
    However, I don't know if there is a way to update Flash on the TV, so it may only be a matter of time before it becomes outdated.
    Interesting!

I must check some Smart LG's at work tomorrow, as I was unaware they had Flash.

This is why browsing sites like Boards keeps me on my toes! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement