Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roll Up, Roll Up, the Queen is in the hot seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Do you have a driver's license? If so, how many attempts did it take for you to get it?

What's your secret weapon when you race?

You, me and Oryx on a triathlon relay team together - put together the all male team you would want us to go up against and why? Also, what would our all girl team be called.....and what would the all male team be called?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oryx wrote: »
    What scares you?

Knowing that one day I'm going to have a mid-life crisis and sign up for an Ironman :pac:

That and getting sick or injured.
    Have you ever taken a selfie?

Don't think so. I'm hate photos of myself and avoid cameras other people are holding so wouldn't be taking pictures of myself!
    Did you have a teddy bear when you were young?

Had loads. My bed was covered in them. Still have 2 or 3 bing bags FULL of them in the shed. :o
    Favourite sports brand and why?

Runners - saucony. I like their shoes, they suit me and they're comfy.
    Shorts - adidas, adidas do response 6 inch shorts. They're the comfiest.
    T-shirts - whatever is given out free at races

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Do you have a driver's license? If so, how many attempts did it take for you to get it?

Yes. No comment on the second part. :p
    What's your secret weapon when you race?

I'm an absolutly crap racer...train so well usually but when it comes to racing I bottle it.
    Complete opposite to when I played basketball, always used to train really poorly but in a match I'd excel.
    You, me and Oryx on a triathlon relay team together - put together the all male team you would want us to go up against and why? Also, what would our all girl team be called.....and what would the all male team be called?

Sullivan Echoing Log can do the swim, kingQuez can do the bike and *tries to think of a really crap runner* ...oh Izoard can do the run. :pac: We'd beat them. :cool:

We could just call ourselves Team Awesome, simpe and true! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

How many vouchers did you buy as Christmas presents? :pac:

pgibbo wrote: »
    How many vouchers did you buy as Christmas presents? :pac:

lol...I got zero. That was a very unsucessful shopping day. :(

Do you ever go running with your dogs?

What are your 3 top pet peeves?

Do you belt out singing like a rock star when your favorite song comes on the radio and you're alone in the car? And if so, how do you think you sound?

Is it better to ask you for a favor in the morning or in the evening?

What is the philosophy you live by?

When and what is your next race?

Do you paint your toenails? If so, and if they are painted at this moment, what color are they?

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    How long can you plank for?

4 minutes 7 seconds...then it got extra messy
    Anyway how long can you hold a side plank leg raised after reading this? :D

2 minutes 28 seconds...ouch
    Do you ever go running with your dogs?

Not anymore. When I started running i ran in the park at the top of my road and would bring them at 8am every morning. By the time I was running regular 6 milers I used to have to stop and let them rest as I'd turn around and they'd be wrecked. They never really cottoned on to the fact I was lapping the park 5 - 9 times and they *could* wait for me...at nearly 12 and very overweight and 9 they're a bit old for that now. A 30/40 minute trip to the park (with lots of them running) knocks them out for the rest of the day
    What are your 3 top pet peeves?

Ignorance, smoking, people who are always late...I'm one of those people who is always early because I'm not a dickhead and don't want to leave someone standing there waiting for me, no matter how hard I try to be late meeting someone who I know is always late I still always turn up earlier than we planned to meet. :(
    Do you belt out singing like a rock star when your favorite song comes on the radio and you're alone in the car? And if so, how do you think you sound?

If I'm listening to my iPod while running or on the bike, I sing along to that. Say I look a bit nutty and I'm a terrible singer. I went to a choir school for primary school and my voice was 'trained' for church singing - it never really translated well for other types of singing. That and I wasn't very good at singing then either. :(
    Is it better to ask you for a favor in the morning or in the evening?

Evening...I'm not a bad morning person but I don't really want to be having fully blown chats before 7am
    What is the philosophy you live by?

Life is short, make the most of what you've got and wake up with a smile, it's great to be alive, fit(ish :D) and healthy and chase the things you want. :)
    When and what is your next race?

Tom Brennan 5k on New Years Day...it's going to be slow but I need to get back racing someday. Dreading it and I'm sick at the moment so hoping I get over this quickly so I can be fresh on race day. Missed this race last year after hitting the deck on the bike on NYE
    Do you paint your toenails? If so, and if they are painted at this moment, what color are they?

Nope, I'm a very bad girl...so is my sister. Mammy was never into beauty regimes and what not so I guess that's why we're not. Never got the whole painting your nails thing. Plus I'm a fingernail biter so never paint them, would probably paint my toes if I painted my fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

jackyback can do the swim, kingQuez can do the bike and *tries to think of a really crap runner* ...oh Izoard can do the run. :pac: We'd beat them. :cool:

We could just call ourselves Team Awesome, simpe and true! :)

Harsh...Anto, give the girl an entry to Donadea, and see how lippy she is then.

Any chance we can put JB out last in the relay? Better chance of finishing...:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Izoard wrote: »

Any chance we can put JB out last in the relay? Better chance of finishing...:)
    Well, not only did she make out ye were crap, she also infers we could only beat a male team if they are crap. :D

Well obviously I'd be the weak link ;)

I like the strategy, ladies. Give the lads a false sense of superiority, then we emasculate them through our Team Awesome-ness!!! Oh, and RQ, we're painting your toenails for this!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Oh, and RQ, we're painting your toenails for this!!! :D

Might as well do Izo's whilst you are at it.

and pink

Manly-Pedi1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

and pink

Manly-Pedi1.jpg

The baiting is working....
    No problem - RQ if you make it to the start line of Lost Sheep, I'll happily agree to go "full pink", if I finish behind you. You, obviously have to do the same if you lose...and bake me a cake of my choosing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Izoard wrote: »
    .:)

She already entered,but am hopin she drops out so i can squezze anudda 50 quid outta somone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

what use is a 300m running track :)

It's great for 300m races

ultraman1 wrote: »
    She already entered,but am hopin she drops out so i can squezze anudda 50 quid outta somone else...

Have you not already flogged it in anticipation? :eek: