Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8.1 Enterprise and Microsoft accounts

• 11-12-2013 1:17pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to allow users to sign into a computer with a Microsoft account without first that Microsoft account on the computer?

We have an organisation-wide Office365 setup used for email, and for reasons relating to bureaucratic silliness it would be useful to configure our front-desk computer to allow any user with a Microsoft account to log on using that Office365 account. Better still would be the ability to restrict the allowed Microsoft accounts to ones matching the domain used for the Office365 accounts, but I can live without this.

The reasoning is that we get assigned random staff members from our organisational security team to man our front desk for security and delivery purposes, and the security staff need to be able to access their email and certain other online resources.

Is there a way to do this, or am I still stuck with the rubbish solution of a role account? (I could use Assigned Access, a browser and address whitelisting as an alternative option, but it's unideal to say the least...)

Advertisement