Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many modules can you fail in a semester?

• 11-12-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm doing a four year course and I am just wondering how many modules you are allowed to fail in a semester.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm pretty sure (open to correction, but I'm almost certain this is what's been said on here previously) you can repeat a total of 4 modules in the August repeats, these 4 can be from one semester or from a combination of both.

However, if you're on co-op or erasmus in one of the semesters, you can only repeat 2 in August.

After the August repeats, you can only fail 2/semester to be able to do link-ins. Otherwise it's a full year repeat or drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure (open to correction, but I'm almost certain this is what's been said on here previously) you can repeat a total of 4 modules in the August repeats, these 4 can be from one semester or from a combination of both.

However, if you're on co-op or erasmus in one of the semesters, you can only repeat 2 in August.

After the August repeats, you can only fail 2/semester to be able to do link-ins. Otherwise it's a full year repeat or drop out.
    Pretty sure this is correct

Advertisement