Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitution paperwork lost...

Options
  • 11-12-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question, lads. About the end of August I saw a Tikka T3 I really liked in a dealers. I agreed a price, to include the dealer taking my 25 year Kriko .22 Magnum as part of the deal. Brought the paperwork to the local Garda station, and waited. Despite a few follow up calls, trying to get hold of the fellow I give the paperwork to, the fellow who would be dealing with it etc, it only became apparent last week that they have lost the forms.

Can I get duplicate forms from the Firearm dealer, or is it more complicated than that?
    The T3 is .223 calibre, so whether it goes' through as a substitution is debatable?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

So,
    1. don't worry, you're not the first person this has happened to, the dealer shouldn't be too phased at being asked for duplicates,
    2. keep photocopies of everything this time, and
    3. whether or not you need to do the FCA2 route or not is down to the local super so what he says goes, even if other supers do it differently (and they do - I've seen everything from having to do full FCA1 reapplications to go from one .22lr to another; to people going from an air rifle to a fullbore rifle in a like-for-like substitution).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Thanks, Sparks.
    I did give the dealer a call about a month ago to reassure him that I hadn't forgotten him. He didn't seem too surprised, to be honest.

If only the local Sargent was issuing I would be hopeful enough. He keeps sheep himself, and knows the score with foxes!

Advertisement