Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options
  • 11-12-2013 1:48pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lattitude have announced there first headliner and other acts . So maybe a few dropping over here

Latitude-2014-Line-up-First-Announcement_26.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What a sh*te line-up. Not for me.

Are Two Door Cinema really at headlining level?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

nm wrote: »

TDCC are quite big in the UK, they have a gig in o2 London this Friday and thats a 20,000 plus capacity arena so they are probably considered big enough to headline a mid-sized festival like Latitude.

I can see them headlining a night at Longitide also, but would need a decent support bill to tempt me, they suffer from 'every song sounds the same' syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

There isn't anything there to tempt me back next year. I think I'll be going to Forbidden Fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Paul Kalkbrennar needs to be brought back......that's all I know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I read Cass McCoombs as Gaz Coombes initially!
    I'd love to see Gaz get added to the Longitude line-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Like what the hell happened here. I'd rather go sit in an oulfellas pub for the day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Latitude Line ups always are amazing by the end, and in fairness to Latitude... the scope of it, music is only a part, the place can only be described as magical, and I do about 10 fests a year for last ten years, the place is magical

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Booker T playing eh?

That'll be interesting. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mr.S wrote: »
    I love the way MCD tried to copy this by throwing in "arts" into all the PR for Longitude, was woeful!

we i think everyone can agree Longitude was a huge success last year( weather was a big factor), I dont think theres scope for the arts element like Latitude since its only a day affair, Latitude is surreal at night, you feel guilty going to bed its so packed full of strange art instillations that are made for night viewing. I thing if Long went the camping route, it wouldnt be as successful... we just dont have the consistant weather to be able to pull off a festival like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

panama wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure. Glad you enjoyed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

My pleasure. Glad you enjoyed it.

Don't overdo it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Ben Howard and Disclosure just announced on the Facebook page. Full line up on January 24th

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Save the date!! Longitude Festival returns 18-20 July. First acts announced Ben Howard and Disclosure. Full line up announced on 24 January. Tickets on sale 31 January #longitude2014

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

that line up can hop skipp and p*ss off where i am concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Nothing to match the might of Kraftwerk. I'm out unless something more interesting come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Does anyone get the feeling MCD panicked after hearing The National Iveagh Gardens announcement?

I'm not gonna judge the line-up until more is announced but these two can't be headliners right?

lc180 wrote: »
    Does anyone get the feeling MCD panicked after hearing The National Iveagh Gardens announcement?

I'm not gonna judge the line-up until more is announced but these two can't be headliners right?

Would not be surprised tbh . Disclosure are this years hot topic on the dance scene, Ben Howard is fairly popular but at the same time has a played a lot in Ireland over the last year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Disclosure could possibly be headliners.
    Ben Howard, I seriously doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

lc180 wrote: »

Big time. Last year the Iveagh gigs were announced before Longitude, then MCD shat on Aiken with some heavy headliners at Longitude on the same dates.
    They don't come much bigger than The National though, it'll be trickier for MCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Wouldn't mind going to see Disclosure. Would be very interested in going for the weekend if more deep house style acts are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Lineup announced 24th January according to their twitter page

Interpol and Portishead are playin ATP in July so could drop in for Longitude?

Portishead more likely for EP imo

Portishead more likely for EP imo

I dunno, i dont think people should be looking at it like that.

Its gonna be a mirror of Latitude, EP wont really be a factor IMO. Its become a Leeds/Reading deal, with a few exceptions on the list.

I dunno, i dont think people should be looking at it like that.

Its gonna be a mirror of Latitude, EP wont really be a factor IMO. Its become a Leeds/Reading deal, with a few exceptions on the list.

Portishead aren't playing Latitude though....

Portishead aren't playing Latitude though....

they havent announced the full line up yet... like Longitude, they announce same time... like I said... with Leeds and Reading

they havent announced the full line up yet... like Longitude, they announce same time... like I said... with Leeds and Reading
    What relevance does that have to them playing ATP? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Damon Albarn has been announced as a Latitude headliner in the UK, chance of seeing him at Longitude?

http://news.qthemusic.com/2014/01/damon_albarn_to_headline_latit.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lineup is due this Friday.

Advertisement