Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Lia_lia wrote: »
    They wouldn't be going after the festival though, would they..?!

Yes they'll still be running, its a residential area so won't be going on till the wee hours. Finishes around 10.30 - 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Last year, there was an increased service of the 16 bus going to town at around 11 to deal with everyone coming from the festival. Didn't seem to be too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They wouldn't be going after the festival though, would they..?!
    Yeah last year there were 4/5 busses lined up on the Saturday night going back in town. There were 4 of us so we just hopped in a taxi - bout €20 back to Camden Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ah okay that's brilliant so...didn't realise it would be ending so early! Town it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Ah okay that's brilliant so...didn't realise it would be ending so early! Town it is :)

All the major outdoor festivals and concerts in the Dublin area usually at 11 at the latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Used to the backarse of nowhere festivals!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Vascular15

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Yes they'll still be running, its a residential area so won't be going on till the wee hours. Finishes around 10.30 - 11pm

Woah, really finishes this early?

First time going to it this year and me and my friends were what people generally do after the acts finish?

Vascular15 wrote: »

First time going to it this year and me and my friends were what people generally do after the acts finish?

Yup, bars close at 10pm and then last act will finish up around 10.30pm. Exodus out to catch the 16 into town and not sure after that cos we were travelling to Meath and back.

Just wondering, when do the day ticket line ups get relaeased?
    PITA trying to work out whos playing when cos not that bothered about paying to go for the whole weekend but a couple of acts I'd like to see. Weighing up which day is annoying without the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

We went out after the Friday night last year, the Saturday night we were shattered (read: old) and just went home. We had work Monday so early one again.

There's lots of afterparties around Dublin with free/discounted entry for those with wristbands. Some acts play DJ sets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Vascular15

Yup, bars close at 10pm and then last act will finish up around 10.30pm. Exodus out to catch the 16 into town and not sure after that cos we were travelling to Meath and back. .

Shedite27 wrote: »
    We went out after the Friday night last year, the Saturday night we were shattered (read: old) and just went home. We had work Monday so early one again.

There's lots of afterparties around Dublin with free/discounted entry for those with wristbands. Some acts play DJ sets too.

Good to know, cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If you want a few pints until the crowds clear, The Eden pub is just across the road from the park

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Whats happened to AVA these days he used to be a regular contributor to this thread.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

Does anybody know when Lorde will be added to the line up ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

At exactly 2pm 14th April.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

if she is added then that'll guarantee me going!

a0ifee wrote: »
    if she is added then that'll guarantee me going!

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

lol

Whoever could this be? :eek:

:rolleyes:

tom riddle ?:eek:

:rolleyes::cool:

Im just looking over the glastonbury line up release. I have to say that if a quatre of that line up were on the bill for longitude this year , it would be an absolute fantastic festival and good be one up on last years line up. Do you think this years current line up reflects other bands schedule and had something to do with them being booked for other events, and the current line up is only what was available?

Arcade fire, james blake ,little dragon, chance the rapper, paolo nutini , jamie xx , jack white , Mia ,del la soul,haim, war paint, churches, goldfrapp .

^^^ Oh baby if that was in the longitude line up this year i would be more than chuffed with Ireland this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Im just looking over the glastonbury line up release. I have to say that if a quatre of that line up were on the bill for longitude this year , it would be an absolute fantastic festival and good be one up on last years line up. Do you think this years current line up reflects other bands schedule and had something to do with them being booked for other events, and the current line up is only what was available?

Arcade fire, james blake ,little dragon, chance the rapper, paolo nutini , jamie xx , jack white , Mia ,del la soul,haim, war paint, churches, goldfrapp .

^^^ Oh baby if that was in the longitude line up this year i would be more than chuffed with Ireland this year

are you seriously comparing Glastonbury with a 10,000 capacity festival in south county Dublin?

• Advertisement

lol I read over my post .. . . . . pathetic I'm sorry lol

But what i meant was, there are a significant amount of acts that are on the 'glasto' line up that are playing Ireland and it would have been great if they were all compiled into one festival. Im talking like an 1/8 of the glasto lineup! That would still make a brilliant festival line up for ireland!!!! Im just disappointed with they way longitude has panned out this year :( Last year was really great , first time i actually had nothing to say (like a twat) about any of the line up bill. But i just can't justify this years line up up compared to last years

lc180 wrote: »
    are you seriously comparing Glastonbury with a 10,000 capacity festival in south county Dublin?

oh I just would like to mention aswell that so what if i am, fcuk the crowd capacity I'm talking about the actually line up! Last year had kraftwerk , foals, phoenix vampire weekend etc. Through my eyes (four of them) , they are equal to be on the main stage of glasto tbh!! maybe not the headline act but second or third to the headliner!!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Friday:
    Ben Howard, Bastille, Bombay Bicycle club, Icona Pop and George Ezra

Saturday:
    Disclosure, Haim, CHVRCHES, The 1975, SAM SMITH and Hozier

Sunday:
    Massive Attack, James Vincent McMorrow, Rudimental, Banks and First Aid Kit

Still all a bit Meh!

I ain't much of a music person but I got tickets to the Saturday for my girlfriend.

The only one of those Saturday bands I've heard of is Hozier, and I only know 1 song. :(:o

awec wrote: »
    I ain't much of a music person but I got tickets to the Saturday for my girlfriend.

The only one of those Saturday bands I've heard of is Hozier, and I only know 1 song. :(:o

Ah if the weather is as good as last year ye'll have a cracking time and a great way to find new music! :cool:

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ah if the weather is as good as last year ye'll have a cracking time and a great way to find new music! :cool:

Aye it'll be a bit of craic.

I can enjoy that one single Hozier song and it'll be my brief moment of actually knowing what's going on. :D

awec wrote: »

You must have heard of Massive Attack awec

Unfinished Sympathy

Teardrop

^^^^^ He's going on Saturday not Sunday. :P

:pac: Oh right. Carry on so

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Where can I see whose playing on the days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Full day to day breakdown not released yet but of main acts: http://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/longitude/longitude-2014/

Advertisement