Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

if they do rejig the headline slot, the only two that are worthy in my eyes are QOTSA and massive attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Gonna nab a ticket for the Saturday as I want to catch Disclosure. Looking forward to seeing what this Festival is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gary_is_hip

I'd love to see The Kooks, MØ, Sky Ferreira, AlunaGeorge, Moon Boots, Bloody Beetroots, Le Youth, Gold Panda, Chromeo.

Was just wondering from anyone who was at it last year, how easy will it be to sneak in drink? I don't fancy paying festival prices all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Was just wondering from anyone who was at it last year, how easy will it be to sneak in drink? I don't fancy paying festival prices all day.

gary_is_hip_flask :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I snuck a naggin in last year on the third day. Can't remember how, I think they weren't patting down people who had been the previous two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'd love to see The Kooks, MØ, Sky Ferreira, AlunaGeorge, Moon Boots, Bloody Beetroots, Le Youth, Gold Panda, Chromeo.

I want Chromeo and the Bloody Beetroots to play EP so no, your not getting them. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd like Ladyhawke, Gemma Hayes, I Break Horses, M83 and QotSA.

M83 would be awesome!

Moon Boots & Bloody Beetroots would be nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

A bunch of new acts added to Latitude today, including Future Islands, I know they are playing Vicar St in November but a festival appearance here might still happen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10167928_674190319305010_5218644235580758568_n.jpg?oh=7ef840f956ddec37bd3e003a419d1f2b&oe=53CB9627

Can't wait to see the day by day, will decide then if I'll head up to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

If they stick Bonobo on the Sunday alongside Massive Attack I'll probably tip down. Think the lineup is relatively poor myself compared to last years.

If they stick Bonobo on the Sunday alongside Massive Attack I'll probably tip down. Think the lineup is relatively poor myself compared to last years.
    Would be happy to see the below myself, just a matter of them being on the same day:

James Vincent McMorrow - seen him twice and he's brilliant but wouldn't be too upset if I didn't see his act
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    Banks
    Bonobo
    Cyril Hahn
    Say Lou Lou

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

According to Bonobo's tour site he's on the Friday. Shame, I only really wanna see him and Massive Attack!

Longitude Festival
    Hi guys,

Unfortunately due to a scheduling conflict Icona Pop will not be able to perform at Longitude Festival this summer.

Don’t despair though, we have an amazing replacement to be announced this Tuesday along with over 30 more acts!

Keep an eye here for the announcement!

Enjoy the bank holiday weekend!

Tumbleweed rolls past

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Lia_lia wrote: »
    According to Bonobo's tour site he's on the Friday. Shame, I only really wanna see him and Massive Attack!

Ah balls, well that's me ruled out for the foreseeable future unless something else comes along to make MA worthwhile. Not a chance am I paying to see Ben Howard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any leaks or rumours before tomorrows announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

I assume they all be smaller bands, which means I'll have never heard of em.

I'm surprised moths isn't playing this year

Maybe:
    Damon Albarn
    Julia Holter
    Chromeo
    Tame Impala
    Hudson Mohawke
    Tinariwen
    War on drugs
    Phosphorescent

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Maybe:
    Damon Albarn
    Julia Holter
    Chromeo
    Tame Impala

Hudson Mohawke
    Tinariwen
    War on drugs
    Phosphorescent

No keep them for EP :P

No keep them for EP :P

hahahahaha . . . ....no:rolleyes:

I'd rather none of them play Longitude tbh, but I have a feeling they'll have one or two acts that will make me go for either Saturday or Sunday in this announcement. I'm still tempted even though Massive Attack are the only band I'm interested in on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

10292511_632101046864537_8143770556785601322_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Still very underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

San Fermin playing Saturday, awesome, booking day ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

underwhelming. Real pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 janefisher

Looks like a great line up cant wait to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Some nice additions today for me anyway, can see a lot of people being underwhelmed. Tourist, Mano Le Tough, Jackmaster and New Jackson are all new additions that I will definitely go and see. Overall I'm very happy with this festival line up, had no intentions of going at the start of the year but the lineup has won me over. There are so many acts playing who I would like to go and see, but wouldn't fork out to see them play their own gig - so a festival like this will be a great chance to see a lot of them in action.

Still haven't got a ticket though, will it sell out before say the end of June?

• Advertisement

Huge step down from last year. Only Massive Attack are really as impressive as the lead acts from last year, and having Le Galaxie so high up shows a lack of imagination.

Advertisement