Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Conor Oberst seems to be further down the lineup than I would have expected.

Anyway, still not really anything major I'm interested in so think I'll give it a miss this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 carlford959

I dont think it will be as good as last year but it still has a good line up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Still haven't got a ticket though, will it sell out before say the end of June?

Can't see it selling out till closer to the time to be honest and that at best guess would be weather dependant.
    It had a much much stronger line up last year and didn't sell out till that weekend due to the phenomenal heat wave we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Did Ry X pull out? He seems to be playing latitude but not longitude now, even though he was on the original poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

frantic190 wrote: »
    Did Ry X pull out? He seems to be playing latitude but not longitude now, even though he was on the original poster.

He's a member of 'The Acid' so I'd say he's playing with them now instead of solo. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

No chance of it selling out til at least July, and I think it'll be up to the weather again, if its not consistently hot I don't see it selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It's a good night all the same for 60 euro just wouldn't be too fussed about it. As said above depends on the weather...Not too happy about Bonobo on the Friday so if I were to pick a day it would have to be Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

underwhelming announcement but still I'm happy with the line up. Is this the final big announcement?

Also this is probably a dumb question but why does it say (live) after I am the cosmos and lasertom? Is it not a given that it'll be live? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

So now that The Black Keys are definitely 100% not playing at Longitude I wonder will they make an appearence in Ireland at all this summer?

a0ifee wrote: »
    underwhelming announcement but still I'm happy with the line up. Is this the final big announcement?

Also this is probably a dumb question but why does it say (live) after I am the cosmos and lasertom? Is it not a given that it'll be live? :o

Some electronic acts do DJ sets instead of playing their own stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

Sunday ticket purchased
    First aid kit
    conor oberst
    dawes
    afghan whigs
    massive attack

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

anyone know what time the music / last stages finished at on the saturday night last year?

kwat wrote: »
    anyone know what time the music / last stages finished at on the saturday night last year?

Last year they finished up at ten each night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

proudi wrote: »
    Last year they finished up at ten each night. :)

It was 10:45pm. Pretty sure Kraftwerk played until 11pm though.

http://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/longitude/longitude-2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

http://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/longitude/longitude-2013/

thanks!

My apologies! Could have sworn it ended at ten!

proudi wrote: »
    My apologies! Could have sworn it ended at ten!

Bars shut at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Some electronic acts do DJ sets instead of playing their own stuff.

ah I see! I was very confused...

Just booked a hotel for this, slim pickings out there.

Mr.S wrote: »
    There's lots available for the longitude weekend?

Not so much in the city centre. Ballsbridge and D7 no problem. Getting pretty pricey though.

sorry, meant that there are slim pickings for deals. Plenty of rooms but pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Booked my ticket for Saturday, looking forward to seeing Disclosure again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

^^ they'll be headlining glasto next years o you'll be delighted, thats if you can go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

The Saturday is set to be an epic day out! Haim, CHVRCHES, Hozier, Le Galaxie all in the one day :) really hope none of these will have set times that clash! Would like to see Disclosure too but not at the cost of any of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

There isn't that many stages at Longitude so play I imagine all the headliners be on the main stage with possibly the exception of Disclosure who might be in the Heineken Tent, as it hosted more of the dance acts. Fairly impressed with the Sat myself so if I've some dosh to spare I'll probably head up for the night!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There isn't that many stages at Longitude so play I imagine all the headliners be on the main stage with possibly the exception of Disclosure who might be in the Heineken Tent, as it hosted more of the dance acts. Fairly impressed with the Sat myself so if I've some dosh to spare I'll probably head up for the night!

Disclosure will be headlining the main stage for def

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Disclosure will be headlining the main stage for def

Ya I'd say you're right. I think Hozier, The 1975, Chvrches, Haim and Disclosure all play in a row. Last year on the Sunday had all the most famous acts in a row like that. Great day!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ya I'd say you're right. I think Hozier, The 1975, Chvrches, Haim and Disclosure all play in a row. Last year on the Sunday had all the most famous acts in a row like that. Great day!

Yea they will all be on the main stage then smaller acts on the other stage(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Saturday tickets nealrly sold out as per mcd announcement
    MCD
    5 mins ·

Hi Everyone,

Ticket update for Longitude Festival

Saturday day tickets are about to sell out, we expect them to be gone by the end of this week.

If you’re thinking about getting a ticket for Saturday only, do it NOW to avoid disappointment.

You have been warned

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Peter File wrote: »
    Saturday tickets nealrly sold out as per mcd announcement
    MCD
    5 mins ·

Hi Everyone,

Ticket update for Longitude Festival

Saturday day tickets are about to sell out, we expect them to be gone by the end of this week.

If you’re thinking about getting a ticket for Saturday only, do it NOW to avoid disappointment.

You have been warned

Could you please link to the original? I can't find this announcement on the MCD site. Cheers!

edit: https://twitter.com/longitudefest/status/481829977437274112

• Advertisement

Bah. Won't be paid til next week. Probably should have bought the Saturday first rather than the Sunday, there was never any chance of Massive Attack's day being the first to sell out. Hozier was always going to be the big draw.

Advertisement