Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Think disclosure is the big draw on Saturday from what I've seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Tickets boxed off happy days :)

More interested in CHVRCHES, Hozier and Haim then Disclosure but i'd say they will be a quality closing act so hoping they don't coincide with any of those mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they won't, all are on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Think disclosure is the big draw on Saturday from what I've seen!
    Disclosure will get a big crowd too, but you can't underestimate a guy that's been on American chat shows on the back of 2 or 3 songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Thinking of getting a Saturday ticket but may have a match I won't be able to get out of that weekend so don't want to get stuck with a ticket - think they'll be easy enough to sell on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

D'Agger wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a Saturday ticket but may have a match I won't be able to get out of that weekend so don't want to get stuck with a ticket - think they'll be easy enough to sell on?
    If they sell out (which all indications are that they will), you'll have no problem moving one along.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

AdMMM wrote: »
    If they sell out (which all indications are that they will), you'll have no problem moving one along.
    Thought as much but still, I can absolutely see myself not being able to sell it on! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was considering going for the Saturday but the more I look at it the Sunday looks very appealing, didn't know Greg Wilson was announced, was he a late addition? Considering buying day tickets for both days now, but just concerned with how difficult it will be to get to Marlay Park two days in a row, is it as bad as people are making it out if I'm coming from the Naas direction using public transport?

The Saturday looks good but have a feeling it might attract a bit of an oxegen crowd with Disclosure playing that night.

Why would Disclosure attract an Oxegen crowd? They were at Electric Picnic last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Why would Disclosure attract an Oxegen crowd? They were at Electric Picnic last year.

They 100% will. Not that I mind but you'll be able to easily tell the difference between the crowd going for Disclosure and the crowd going for Massive Attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I wonder if they just say its nearly bout to sell out to get people to buy. wouldn't be surprised it ya could get ticket week leading up to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I wonder if they just say its nearly bout to sell out to get people to buy. wouldn't be surprised it ya could get ticket week leading up to it

They have only said for Saturday though?

BadTurtle wrote: »

Ah Disclosure have become a hell of a lot more popular in the past year, the tickets for their free gigs with Heineken in Galway and Dublin were snapped up in seconds. Don't get me wrong I really like them and they are one of the reasons I want to go on the Saturday, but I would bet any money you will notice a bit of an 'oxegen' crowd that night, at least more so than the other 2 days.

Realistically Disclosure playing at this will probably be the biggest mainstream dance music event of the summer, and that will always attract a few undesirables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Ah, the dreaded Oxegen Crowd! Ready and waiting to ruin any of our fun at super eclectic outdoor music experiences... Anything from Coldplay to Disclosure to eminem to Arctic Monkeys they'll indiscriminately conspire to ruin our good times.

Too bad none of their vast numbers are ever here to defend themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Dr. Bre wrote: »

No Sat tickets on TM now anyways.. will see if any more become available

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just gonna buy the 3 day ticket now even tho I'm not going to Friday. There's a difference of 35 quid and you can't buy the saturday tickets seemingly.

Longitude's FB page says Saturday is entirely sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Ah, feck. Was hoping I'd be able to snap up a late ticket on a whim if I decided to go, and Saturday would have been the day I was most interested in. Not ruling out the whole weekend yet, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone know if you buy a weekend ticket, can you use it amongst a few people?

I really want to go the Saturday, buts that's obviously sold out. Weekend tickets still available. I know someone who wants to go the Sunday.

I'm thinking of getting the weekend ticket and then just splitting the cost. I'll use it Saturday, he'll use it Sunday. Or will they give you a wristband on the first use of the ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

They'll give you a wristband for the whole weekend id say. Depending on the wristbands they can be pretty easy to take off and give to someone else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Lia_lia wrote: »
    They'll give you a wristband for the whole weekend id say. Depending on the wristbands they can be pretty easy to take off and give to someone else!

Cheers. Probably still a but of a risk, as I assume if the band breaks when I'm taking it off for my mate, then he'll be goosed and won't be allowed use it.

at Forbidden Fruit they just scanned your ticket and you had to hold on to it for the next day too, so could easily give it to someone else. can't remember what they did at Longitude last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

It was definitely a weekend wristband last year. I could wriggle mine off at the end rather than cut it but got skinny wrists.

Charlie wrote: »
    Anyone know if you buy a weekend ticket, can you use it amongst a few people?

I really want to go the Saturday, buts that's obviously sold out. Weekend tickets still available. I know someone who wants to go the Sunday.

I'm thinking of getting the weekend ticket and then just splitting the cost. I'll use it Saturday, he'll use it Sunday. Or will they give you a wristband on the first use of the ticket?
    Same. ****ing pain in the hoop that Saturday sold out. Should have acted quicker.
    I've fierce skinny wrists so should be able to do it hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

I'm so disappointed I didn't get a Saturday ticket. I've been looking for one too, but to no avail as of yet. Anybody know if any (many) will become available closer to the date or is that wishful thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

If you have a weekend ticket can you just use it for one day? Plans fell through and it's looking like I can only go one of the days...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

a0ifee wrote: »
    If you have a weekend ticket can you just use it for one day? Plans fell through and it's looking like I can only go one of the days...

Of course you can.

Can't get my Sunday ticket for this until the weekend, hoping it won't sell out before that but doubt it will. Was there any after parties on in town after it last year? Was cool after forbidden fruit this year when Flying Lotus, TEED & Klangkarussel played the Button Factory, with so many DJs booked to play Longitude is it likely any of them will play any venues in town afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

So excited for this!! The Saturday line up is amazing! :D

• Advertisement

Can't get my Sunday ticket for this until the weekend, hoping it won't sell out before that but doubt it will. Was there any after parties on in town after it last year? Was cool after forbidden fruit this year when Flying Lotus, TEED & Klangkarussel played the Button Factory, with so many DJs booked to play Longitude is it likely any of them will play any venues in town afterwards?
    Sense are involved this year and said before on FB that they'll be running official afterparties. From their posts it looks like it could be a Disclosure DJ set, presumably in The Academy
    https://www.facebook.com/senselivemusic

Advertisement