Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Thinking of going on the friday with my gf to see ben howard, never at a festival before im just wondering what time dose the first act come on at and what time dose the last act finish ?

Also i imagine this type of music dosent attract scangers or am i wrong ? Compared to SHM, I recently went to arcade fire and the crowd was great not one scanger

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Thinking of going on the friday with my gf to see ben howard, never at a festival before im just wondering what time dose the first act come on at and what time dose the last act finish ?

Also i imagine this type of music dosent attract scangers or am i wrong ? Compared to SHM, I recently went to arcade fire and the crowd was great not one scanger

I was there all 3 days last year and saw very few. think it finishes bout 11

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

Any idea when set times are released, or have they been already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

None last year, unlikely to change this year. Some people are worried about Disclosure attracting them on Saturday but I can't see it. Usually just prejudiced indie heads that think anything without guitars is a scumbag attractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I'm going for the weekend and I think the Saturday will be a bit rougher than usual. Time will tell I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sense are involved this year and said before on FB that they'll be running official afterparties. From their posts it looks like it could be a Disclosure DJ set, presumably in The Academy
    https://www.facebook.com/senselivemusic

Cheers didn't know that, Disclosure DJ set would be brilliant. Wonder would I be hoping for too much with a Bondax set somewhere on the Sunday night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Cheers didn't know that, Disclosure DJ set would be brilliant. Wonder would I be hoping for too much with a Bondax set somewhere on the Sunday night?

Disclosures live sets are much better imo.

Tinie wrote: »
    Disclosures live sets are much better imo.

Oh I'd agree, but they're playing a live set at Longitude earlier that night (I assume?!) and doubt they would play another an hour or two later in the same city. I just meant they are a huge act to get in for an after party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 cathyledger

Cant wait to head to this going to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

What time does the gate open Friday ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Hey guys, the only bus I can catch home from Dublin City Centre is 1am on the Sunday Morning, do ye think I could catch that getting a shuttle bus to the City after the acts finish for the night?

thegoth wrote: »

1.30 pm approx according to their website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭samantha fortune

cant wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Any ideas when the stage times are being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Do you have a link ? Id cant find the times the gates open on the website

Do you have a link ? Id cant find the times the gates open on the website

Not letting me post links but it's under Information and then Opening Times on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

AoifeBurke wrote: »
    Hey guys, the only bus I can catch home from Dublin City Centre is 1am on the Sunday Morning, do ye think I could catch that getting a shuttle bus to the City after the acts finish for the night?
    yes, it'll be over by 11pm. getting a shuttle bus back, you should be there with lots of time to spare.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Whelanslive is proud to announce its involvement with Longitude Festival at Marlay Park, Dublin on July 18th-20th. Now in it second year, Longitude has quickly established itself as the default event for gig lovers to get their summer music fix. Adding to that, a location as picturesque as Marlay Park is the icing on the cake.
    The quality line up at Longitude is the principle factor for Whelan’s decision to associate itself with this incredible festival. The diverse range of acts, many of whom we have had the pleasure of performing in our iconic venue, makes Whelan’s and Longitude a perfect fit. The ethos of quality new artists with influential established acts showcases core values that sit very comfortably with our own.
    Whelan’s tent is the 2000 capacity tent formally known as the Woodlands stage. The line-up this year features:
    Parquet Courts, Bipolar Sunshine, Afghan Whigs, Conor Oberst, Samaris, Eagulls, San Fermin and Son Lux, amongst others.
    2014 marks 25 years of Ireland’s most famous live music venue. In that time Whelan’s has grown and blossomed into a vital hub for the Irish music lover. Its M.O. was to create a platform that would nurture young Irish talent, while at the same time, cater for international stars. Whelan’s has continued to develop but never lose its unique identity.
    2014 makes this year a quarter century filled with wonderfully diverse musical nights with many more to come. Whelan’s is hosting some very special events throughout the year to mark the occasion. So far The Frames, Damien Rice, Hozier, Something Happens, Sharon Shannon and God Is An Astronaut have played spectacular shows in the venue. We look forward to many more…

yes, it'll be over by 11pm. getting a shuttle bus back, you should be there with lots of time to spare.

Okay that's great, thanks!

Derek Byrne has a Longitude special from 10pm on TXFM tonight:
    https://twitter.com/Derek1052/status/487612888392433664
    I'll be playing some of my top tips for @longitudefest on the show tonight @TXFMDublin as well as the usual electro/hip-hop. 10pm!

http://www.txfm.ie/player/shows/Transmission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Another update from MCD, get your skates on if you want weekend tickets!!

MCD
    1 hr ·

Hi guys,

Only one week to go until we open the gates for this years Longitude Festival!

If you haven’t got your tickets yet you can’t waste any more time. Saturday day tickets are already gone and Weekend tickets are about to SELL OUT!! We only have about 200 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Weather is looking rainy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Looking at getting the shuttle bus from town out to Longitude, gates open at 1.30 but I wonder what time should I be there, on the Saturday? I'm thinkin around 4? Doubt many acts would have taken to the stage by then.

acts will start from 2pm, depends on who you want to see really....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

acts will start from 2pm, depends on who you want to see really....

From 2? I see, Tourist is the first act really, I'm not bothered about everything before that!

Are the stage times announced yet or does anyone know when they will be released?

^ don't think so! Waiting on them to...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

Do yous think this will happen? Have they done it together at any other festivals they've both been part of?

i124Q wrote: »
    Do yous think this will happen? Have they done it together at any other festivals they've both been part of?

Think what will happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Think what will happen?

Will Sam Smith sing Latch with Disclosure at Longitude 2014?

Advertisement