Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

i124Q wrote: »
    Do yous think this will happen? Have they done it together at any other festivals they've both been part of?

He did at Glastonbury and they are playing the same day. So its almost 100% probability.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

i124Q wrote: »
    Do yous think this will happen? Have they done it together at any other festivals they've both been part of?

They didn't do it at Electric Picnic last year but they have a better slot at Longitude and they have been performing it together at Festivals so there's a chance, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I anyone is selling a weekend please message me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I anyone is selling a weekend please message me!!

you can still buy them on ticketmaster at the moment.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hope the ground is in good nick after the last few gigs and the rain this past few days. That's the only thing I'm slightly worried about! Looking forward to Sunday, Massive Attack in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

cournioni wrote: »
    Hope the ground is in good nick after the last few gigs and the rain this past few days. That's the only thing I'm slightly worried about! Looking forward to Sunday, Massive Attack in particular.

Ground was in excellent condition before, during and after the Arctic Monkey's gig on Saturday.

I was really impressed with the work done to the ground between Thursday and Saturday. It was clearly obvious that the ground had been slit and sliced by machinery and then sanded which meant ZERO mud in the arena.

The same process had been followed by the bars and some additional hay had been put down to ensure no mud.

There was only slight drizzle for a short period on Saturday so no rainfall of significance.

Hat tip to MCD for being proactive rather than reactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Ground was in excellent condition before, during and after the Arctic Monkey's gig on Saturday.

I was really impressed with the work done to the ground between Thursday and Saturday. It was clearly obvious that the ground had been slit and sliced by machinery and then sanded which meant ZERO mud in the arena.

The same process had been followed by the bars and some additional hay had been put down to ensure no mud.

There was only slight drizzle for a short period on Saturday so no rainfall of significance.

Hat tip to MCD for being proactive rather than reactive.

Agree with all of the above, my clothes and shoes were still spotless when I got home, despite dancing my ass off.

Looks like it will be wellies and poncho weather. Getting a bit tired of muddy festivals.
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/long.html

Site map released, think I'll be in the tents a lot if the weather is as bad as predicted. :O Stage times being released on Wednesday.

SiteMap2014.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

bought a rain poncho today and I say it's time to root out the wellies...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

Looking at a LOT of rain over the weekend. Wellies and ponchos time most definitely guys.

Hopefully it's made up for with a sunny EP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ah it might be a bit too early to tell wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Wouldn't anticipate needing wellies for this. The ground for Arctic Monkeys over the weekend was impeccable, despite heavy rain and big crowd at Macklemore on the Thursday. Also, the way the site is set up none of the peripheral stages would have had any footfall, and the main stage will also be in a different position to the big concerts so more fresh ground. Id say a poncho to combat any drizzle and you're grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Stage times announced on Wednesday according to a comment made by Longitude on FB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

ah it might be a bit too early to tell wouldn't it?

Don't know really, I have a weather app on my phone and so far it has never let me down yet and it's predicting more than 3.5mm of rain on the Friday. .5 Sat and Sun which is still fairly crap but Friday will be horrible.

Oooh liking this forecast much more than yesterdays! :D

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

A friend on Facebook said that weekend tickets are sold out - any truth to that?

no, can still buy them on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I was quite drunk when I read the message, but I'm pretty sure they said at the weekend that there were only 200 weekend tickets left? That must be approaching single figures by now?

yeah i saw that the other day, and there were people asking for them on Toutless too, but still up on TM anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Good Advice

Anybody know where I can buy a plastic rain poncho in town or something?

Anybody know where I can buy a plastic rain poncho in town or something?

As far as I'm aware they were selling them in Marley Park last weekend so would assume they will have them on sale at the weekend. I would try and get a decent one from a camping shop. they're not expensive but worth their weight in gold if you get caught in a downpour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

yeah i saw that the other day, and there were people asking for them on Toutless too, but still up on TM anyway...

still up but try buying some. it says none available to me, and has done since the weekend

still up but try buying some. it says none available to me, and has done since the weekend

Yeah, I looked last night even though I wasn't looking for a ticket and couldn't get one.

Scratch that, just tried again and it worked.

i tried yesterday afternoon, and earlier when i posted that, and both times got through to the "review your order" page with the countdown...

I tried last night and got nothing but just now got through. Might be a glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭liamorocks

Any idea if Disclosure will be doing a dj set or a live set?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

liamorocks wrote: »
    Any idea if Disclosure will be doing a dj set or a live set?

Live, clashing with Haim apparently

LUPE wrote: »
    Live, clashing with Haim apparently

Oh goody, thats a clash I can live with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Oh goody, thats a clash I can live with.

Haha, same here. Listened to them for the first time the other day...awful! (HAIM that is!)

Advertisement