Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

http://longitude.ie/information/food-and-drink

FOOD AT LONGITUDE
    Gluten Free/Vegetarian/Vegan Food options at Longitude

Wok 'n'Roll - vegetarian curry and gluten free.

Hans Frankenfurter - offer gluten free bread, hot dogs and pork.

Mak Slim - Lebanese food offering falafel wraps and salads.

Saba - vegetarian curry & gluten free

The Fat Wrap by Natasha's Living Foods - all vegan/vegetarian dishes and gluten free options available.

GBK - vegetarian burgers

Pieminister - vegetarian pies

Dave's Wood Fired Pizzas - vegetarian Pizzas

Home Fries - pan fried baby potatoes

Ah much better than what I've seen at other big gigs! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Saw Massive Attack at Electric Picnic 4 years ago, they were brilliant, but I'm a huge fan. Most people enjoyed it, but the rain kind of spoiled it for them.
    People who have seen them this year (at Glastonbury etc) have said this is the best they've ever been.

I seen them at that EP, the weather was insane, I thought it added something to the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Was also wondering about this; I'm a vegetarian which isn't usually too difficult to cater for but I don't really fancy living on overpriced chips for 3 days either? :/

They said the same for the Marley Park gigs and I (being a Vegetarian) had food in my front pocket which they didn't confiscate.

Anyone know the approx. capacity? I know the gigs were 35,000 but I'm presuming Longitude will be less.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭liamorocks

AoifeBurke wrote: »
    Anyone know the approx. capacity? I know the gigs were 35,000 but I'm presuming Longitude will be less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

A lot of the acts I wanted to see on the Sunday are clashing, has anyone ever seen Massive Attack live before? Have to admit I only know their big songs but not sure whether to check them out or Mano Le Tough, maybe half and half even.

How are people getting out to Marlay Park? The buses they are running through Marathon are €10, does anyone know if these are return prices or just buses out to the festival? €10 one way seems pretty steep. Surely there are Dublin buses you can get out to the same area for a quarter of the price?

Stumbled across Mano le tough at last years electric picnic. Amazing.

liamorocks wrote: »

Nice one, thanks, hopefully that means the traffic afterwards won't be as mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A lot of the acts I wanted to see on the Sunday are clashing, has anyone ever seen Massive Attack live before? Have to admit I only know their big songs but not sure whether to check them out or Mano Le Tough, maybe half and half even.

How are people getting out to Marlay Park? The buses they are running through Marathon are €10, does anyone know if these are return prices or just buses out to the festival? €10 one way seems pretty steep. Surely there are Dublin buses you can get out to the same area for a quarter of the price?

If someone asked me what would be a still performing band that someone would absolutely have to go see, Massive Attack would probably be the first I would say. I've seen them a few times and even when they were supposedly not on form, they were a highlight of any show I've seen them at. I'm unforutnately unable to go to the Picnic this year but I envy anyone who has the chance to see them.

Mano are a really good band, I think they should be bigger than they are. However Massive Attack is a pretty rough clash for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

some legend made a clashfinder
    http://clashfinder.com/s/longitude2014/

thank you pfinch, whoever you are!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone who has not see Le Galaxie should def go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I agree completely, a fantastic live act and sure to be the highlight of the weekend for anyone that sees them. Unfortunately the clash with Disclosure is something I'd be lynched for ever even considering, but if you can make your own decision, do see Le Galaxie.... for my sake at least!

I found disclosure very meh at electric picnic. And I love that album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Yeah the Le Galaxie and Disclosure clash is thee worst! have seen Le Gal 4 times and Disclosure 3 times - two of the most danceable bands on the planet! Disclosure's live show is a wee bit gimmicky but the strength of the tunes speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm not a fan of the Disclosure album but I'd expect they would be better live.
    I'll be hitting up Le Galaxie though. I've never been to a bad Le Galaxie gig!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

Can't remember whether it was the Saturday or Sunday of EP which Le Galaxie closed out, but they were absolutely phenomenal

Paul262 wrote: »
    Can't remember whether it was the Saturday or Sunday of EP which Le Galaxie closed out, but they were absolutely phenomenal

Twas the Sunday, got there for the last song as had been at Mano le tough. It was jammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Le Galaxie > Disclosure all day and night long.

Then again I'd probably go see Jedward instead of Disclosure if they were clashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Corholio wrote: »
    Le Galaxie > Disclosure all day and night long.

Then again I'd probably go see Jedward instead of Disclosure if they were clashing.

Jedward are really poor live apparently. Can't quite match the sweet tracks they lay down in the studio.

I'd never be even allowed suggest that I should see Le Galaxie over Disclosure. My only option might be to say I'm going to the jacks and get lost on the way back. I can live with the bollocking for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

Looks like weekend tickets are sold out now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Whelans just posted this about buses for those looking.

IT'S BETTER ON THE BUS!
    Whelan's will be providing buses from Longitude Festival this weekend. We'll have 2 buses on Friday, 1 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.
    Your bus fare is only €5 which includes free admission into Whelan's and a free bottle of Carlsberg!
    First come first served. The bus will pick up from close to the GAA pitch and drop you outside Whelan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

does anyone know if Bonobo will have a band with him or is it just a DJ set?

EDIT: ah it says on his website a live set, fantastic! my no. 1 priority of the weekend anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

does anyone know if Bonobo will have a band with him or is it just a DJ set?

EDIT: ah it says on his website a live set, fantastic! my no. 1 priority of the weekend anyway!

Great live show alright, I preferred the previous singer (Andreya Triana) he had over the current one though
    His dj set is fairly cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Anyone on-site know how the ground is holding up after that little shower this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

guerito wrote: »
    Anyone on-site know how the ground is holding up after that little shower this morning?

I was there on Saturday for Arctic Monkeys and it held really well. I won't be bringing my wellies anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

guerito wrote: »

was just coming on to ask the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pics from the site yesterday here:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.671166246291350.1073741831.427879540620023&type=3

main stage area looks like it could get mucky quickly see as there's no grass, should be alright today though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

pics from the site yesterday here:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.671166246291350.1073741831.427879540620023&type=3

main stage area looks like it could get mucky quickly see as there's no grass, should be alright today though...

That is all sand not bare earth so it can take a good hammering of rain without turning mucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Anyone there? How's the ground? I hate wellies but got some anyway...don't really wanna wear them!

• Advertisement

I'm rolling the dice and saying that the ground will hold up fine assuming it doesn't rain tonight, which it isn't meant to.

Advertisement