Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Friend of mine is there and he said to bring wellies, that it is mucky in places!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's supposed to rain tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Katrina101

Hi,

I know this is a long shot...but I thought I might ask :)

Does anyone have two tickets for sale for tomorrow?

Would really really love to go!!

Thank you so much

Katrina

PS - sorry mods for ticks req...just watchin disclosure would really love to go tom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Katrina101 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know this is a long shot...but I thought I might ask :)

Does anyone have two tickets for sale for tomorrow?

Would really really love to go!!

Thank you so much

Katrina

PS - sorry mods for ticks req...just watchin disclosure would really love to go tom :)

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20170&start=450

Whats the parking like at this?

If we park in the car park are we going to be able to leave early if we have to, or is it a case of cars are parked in tight and you're waiting til the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

awec wrote: »
    Whats the parking like at this?

If we park in the car park are we going to be able to leave early if we have to, or is it a case of cars are parked in tight and you're waiting til the end?

The car park was big enough for the standalone gigs over the last few weeks which had larger numbers than Longitude.
    You can also leave whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So whats the reports on this?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

If someone is at tonight's gig, could you let us know what the ground is like... Need to know for a choice of footwear! I haven't bought wellies for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was there last night after getting a free ticket. Wasn't really fussed about seeing anyone in particular but Bastille were decent. The one thing that really stood out for me though was the sound from the Bacardi tent almost drowning out the main stage bands because it was so loud. Didn't go near the place but it was all you could hear within 500m of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

The one thing that really stood out for me though was the sound from the Bacardi tent almost drowning out the main stage bands because it was so loud. Didn't go near the place but it was all you could hear within 500m of it.
    Well it would hardly be an MCD-run festival without some catastrophic sound issues, would it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

cournioni wrote: »
    If someone is at tonight's gig, could you let us know what the ground is like... Need to know for a choice of footwear! I haven't bought wellies for it.

Ground is fine, no need for wellies. My regular converse were grand. The sides of the paths through the woods and the areas around the urinals are soft but still, nowhere near what I'd call muddy.

Just back from tonight - left before the headlines because none of them interested us at all and we had seen everyone we wanted to see.

For wellies - no need today at least. Ground was fine. It'll be fine tomorrow too unless it actually rains torrential all night.

In terms of acts we stayed at the main stage all day and saw Hozier, Sam Smith, the 1975, Chvrches and Haim.

Hozier was good but IMO deserved to be later in the billing. Too early in the day really and unfortunately a load of people will have completely missed him.

Sam Smith very good - a more mellow act than the rest but easy listening.

The 1975 - these guys were really good IMO. Very easy to listen to, put on a good show.

Chvrches - I would have swapped their billing with Hozier. They were on later than they should have been and Hozier was on earlier than he should have been.

Haim - really, really frustrating.

Haim when they play music are great. Really, really great. Unfortunately they feel the need to spend a lot of time waffling between songs. Too much talking crap, too much trying to interact with the crowd and too much trying to have the craic. They are not good at it. IMO every other band realised that when you have a 45 minute set people don't really want to be spending their money to hear you talk nonsense for so much of it. Yes, interact with the crowd a bit but just play your damn music!

Haim literally broke up every single song with at least 30 seconds to 1 minute of chatting. It killed all momentum in their set IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

The 1975 absolutely killed today. Got up dead on in the centre at the barrier for them, Chvrches and Haim, left before Disclosure. Absolutely delighted :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully 1975 announce an Irish date on their tour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Thought 1975 were ****e. We checked out Haim purely to see Bass Face then went to Whelans tent and thoroughly enjoyed O Emperor who were amazing.
    Disclosure put on a smashing show but went to leave about 4-5 times cos of idiots but glad I stayed till the end for Sam smith for latch.

Tomorrow looking most forward to first aid kit! :)

Btw the security for this is like an airport. The pat down I got going in was unreal. Under the collar, in my socks, in my shoes, even down the top of the jocks. Go through your wallet, everything.

If you think you're going to sneak booze in down your jocks you've no chance.

If you have anything that's remotely dodgy it's taken. Guy in front of me had his eye drops taken for example.

Btw the security for this is like an airport. The pat down I got going in was unreal. Under the collar, in my socks, in my shoes, even down the top of the jocks. Go through your wallet, everything.

If you think you're going to sneak booze in down your jocks you've no chance.

If you have anything that's remotely dodgy it's taken. Guy in front of me had his eye drops taken for example.

Thought it was very lax myself, just got waved through no patting down or anything. My wife was in a different line for ladies and same thing happened, waved through and they didn't look in her handbag or anything. Compared to Arcade Fire a few weeks ago at the same venue I'd say security was non-existent.

8-10 wrote: »
    Thought it was very lax myself, just got waved through no patting down or anything. My wife was in a different line for ladies and same thing happened, waved through and they didn't look in her handbag or anything. Compared to Arcade Fire a few weeks ago at the same venue I'd say security was non-existent.

Hmm, we arrived about 2:30 and it was a very thorough security check.

Maybe they relaxed when the queues started getting longer.

Hmm, we arrived about 2:30 and it was a very thorough security check.

Maybe they relaxed when the queues started getting longer.

Weird, was maybe 2.45pm for me but the queues were long. Thorough security checks would have made it difficult to get the crowd in

8-10 wrote: »
    Weird, was maybe 2.45pm for me but the queues were long. Thorough security checks would have made it difficult to get the crowd in

We were also coming in by the car park entrance rather than the grange road one.

• Advertisement

We were also coming in by the car park entrance rather than the grange road one.

That's the difference then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So one last time before I get ready.. Wellies yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

No need for wellies at all.

The crowd demographic changed massively from last year, very young crowd there yesterday. A fair amount of young lads with their tops off around the place early on, and drunk kids getting carried to the first aid tent. Seemed to calm down later on though.

Hozier was excellent, on early but his stuff fits an afternoon slot. Wouldn't be a huge fan of the 1975 but they did a good set and the crowd loved it. Sam Smith was solid, Chvrches seemed a little lost outside of a tent. Le Galaxie put on their usual stomper of a show but everyone seemed to have gone to Disclosure. Probably the least-well attended show they've done for a couple of years.

Yea watch your pint if you set it down. Some prat of a girl kicked mine over cause she was too smashed she could hardly walk straight and then had the cheek to just laugh. A lot of young ones just stumbling around unable to handle their liquor.

On the upside, the beer queues were 100 times better than they were for the Kings of Leon anyway. Never had to queue at all.

Am I the only one who got frustrated at the Haim set then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Fantastic day yesterday! CHVRCHES sounded just as good as the album live, Haim were great, stumbled across the Red Bull stage after that for some funky disco house music and caught the last half of Disclosure who were far better than i expected they would be! Sam Smith singing live with them for the encore was quality! Spent my bollox but the weather was grand bar one tiny shower and the ground was fine!

Still think last year was better but only due to the fact the sun was splitting the stones, great day out and will definitely continue to do at least one day a year!

For anyone going today, get yourselves to Bondax in the Heineken tent they are going to be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Hopefully 1975 announce an Irish date on their tour

I'd love that, but they toured here in February and after playing Longitude and last year's Electric Picnic they probably won't be back for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Enough about your Icy Tea and Scoopy Scoopy Dog Dog..... what were Disclosure like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

don't know why i went for the 3 days, you'd think id learn after the first night. but i gave each one a chin ace, each where sh*t,

i just cannot believe the drastic change from last years longitude to this years, there is such a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trowel

Do you think there's any chance of getting in for closing acts tonight around the gates? ie people selling wrist bands, days passes, jumping over walls?
    :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

So what's the general feeling, has this gone well?

Advertisement