Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

Is this something that's unlikely to sell out straight away? just don't think i'll be organised enough for friday :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I personally can't see it selling out straight away. A load of stand alone headline gigs have been announced for Marley park around the same time and so far the line up is nothing special. They would really have to pull a massive rabbit out of the hat to get people clambering to buy tickets at the moment.
    It only sold out last year because of the weather. Tickets were available if memory serves the week before.
    You also have to factor in there is no camping so you have to commute on a daily basis which is another ballache

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Suppose we will find out the headliners during the week and that will define if it sells out quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

i wonder would the black keys be a possibility?
    theyre a rumour to be the 3rd headliner for latitude festival on the efestivals site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    theyre a rumour to be the 3rd headliner for latitude festival on the efestivals site
    Quite possible i'd imagine. They're about the right size band after the success of their last album, and they're touring around Europe right up to Latitude/Longitude weekend. Playing in France on the Thursday.

Just looking at the festivals they're playing, i could see one/some of MGMT, Franz Ferdinand, The Lumineers and Interpol being high on the bill too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Tame Impala and Bombay Bicycle Club were added to the Latitude lineup. No word of a third headliner yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

davywalsh7 wrote: »

I'd loved to see that happen. Please Please Please make it so Gig Gods.

Phantom FM just said another announcement to be made very shortly.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Did they mean today?

MCD said tomorrow is the announcement so they might be referring to that!

Its so hard to tell, he just said announcement very shortly. Listening at work. So trying to keep an ear out. It could just mean tomorrow. Dammit! I want news.

Announcement tomorrow at 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

its probably just going to be **** and if it is sh*t the irish festival scene is fcukin pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Hall and Oates would be top notch, they're at lattitude

A V A wrote: »
    its probably just going to be **** and if it is sh*t the irish festival scene is fcukin pathetic

I remember when you used to have really good input on the gig threads. Now all I see from you is arguing or rants like above.

I dont know whats up dude but chill out would ya.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    Hall and Oates would be top notch, they're at lattitude

And considering there's more demand for their gig in the Olympia than Garth Brooks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Stuart Clark from Hot Press on Newstalk just there said that he thinks Damon Albarn will be announced later.
    Hopefully he's not a headliner.

Stuart Clark from Hot Press on Newstalk just there said that he thinks Damon Albarn will be announced later.
    Hopefully he's not a headliner.

Would be insane if they announced him as a headliner, even if he agreed to only play Blur & Gorillaz tracks.

His debut solo album is an aquired taste also.

Damon would be a nice "filler" but not headline material much as I love him. Blur or Gorrilaz on the other hand I would be buying the ticket purely based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

how many acts are being announced today?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

lc180 wrote: »
    Would be insane if they announced him as a headliner, even if he agreed to only play Blur & Gorillaz tracks.

His debut solo album is an aquired taste also.

He is a headliner at Latitude the bigger sister of longitude , what makes you think he would not be the headliner at Longitude?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I remember when you used to have really good input on the gig threads. Now all I see from you is arguing or rants like above.

I dont know whats up dude but chill out would ya.....

fcukin garth brooks:(

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    fcukin garth brooks:(

I thought you were just tired and emotional. :p

chopser wrote: »
    He is a headliner at Latitude the bigger sister of longitude , what makes you think he would not be the headliner at Longitude?

He only released his debut solo album in the last week or two. Would be madness to have an act close the main stage without at least having one hit song for the crowd to sing along to. The day should finish on a high not a whimper.

He would be an interesting and worthy act to have on the bill but just not headliner material.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

He only released his debut solo album in the last week or two. Would be madness to have an act close the main stage without at least having one hit song for the crowd to sing along to. The day should finish on a high not a whimper.

He would be an interesting and worthy act to have on the bill but just not headliner material.

I think we just have different views of headliner. I would agree , he probably would not be the best to close out the night.
    I understand headliner to be "headliner Act" ie the last 2/ 3 acts on main stage at night.

The only reason he is headlining is because of his name . Like Beady Eye and NGHFB always high up on festival bills too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Will the announcement tonight just be bands that have already been announced for Latitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Announcement up anywhere? Was meant to be at 7

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I would go for Damon alone. I doubt he'd be up for doing Gorillaz or Blur stuff though, especially seeing as Blur were only here last year. Would love a TGTB&TQ song or two though seeing as I missed them years ago

Delighted that Bombay Bicycle club, First Aid Kit OFFICIAL, Icona Pop, George Ezra and Koreless will be joining us at Marlay Park this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

That's all :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

First Aid Kit is great but is that really it?

Advertisement