Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Wow that is so NOT Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Delighted that Bombay Bicycle club, First Aid Kit OFFICIAL, Icona Pop, George Ezra and Koreless will be joining us at Marlay Park this summer.
    Any link?

Think there'll be more people in Marley Park THIS weekend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

lol at this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Are we 100% sure the headliners have NOT been announced? Like we can be pretty sure that there are some big names to come, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

I really want to go to longitude based on last year but the line-up is doing everything to disuade me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are we 100% sure the headliners have NOT been announced? Like we can be pretty sure that there are some big names to come, aren't they?

Can see Ben Howard/Disclosure headlining one of the nights so there is 2 more headliners . BBC will prob sub

Can see Ben Howard/Disclosure headlining one of the nights so there is 2 more headliners . BBC will prob sub

BBC will probably sub???

I hope so, because I'm very into Chvrches, but there's no one else there I'd be desperate to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The lineup so far screams budget festival. More like a lineup you'd expect of Body and Soul or Indiependence. That announcement today was dire. Ah well, Primavera is more than enough for me. Might do the Picnic too, but this is a definite no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'd say the main announcements are going to be after FF and B&S announce their lineups.

They need some selling power nearer the gigs!
    pretty sure that's the complete opposite way to do things. announce your biggest names first, get people to spend their money on your event before they can spend it on someone else's event.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sum41dude

Maybe I'm getting old, but I only know 2, maybe 3 at a push of the acts this year. And this is the festival that was supposed to replace Oxegen? ... I mean, if you compare that lineup to Oxegen of 2006/2007 where the likes of Daft Punk, The Strokes, Queens of the Stone Age, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. were playing. Then I look at the lineup for this pile of crap festival, where you can't even camp - it's almost laughable. The price of this (€150 for weekend, compare to for example Oxegen 2007 where it was €177.50 for a weekend ticket) does not even remotely reflect the drop in quality. Am I just being a whinge or does anyone else feel like this?

• Advertisement

sum41dude wrote: »
    Maybe I'm getting old, but I only know 2, maybe 3 at a push of the acts this year. And this is the festival that was supposed to replace Oxegen? ... I mean, if you compare that lineup to Oxegen of 2006/2007 where the likes of Daft Punk, The Strokes, Queens of the Stone Age, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. were playing. Then I look at the lineup for this pile of crap festival, where you can't even camp - it's almost laughable. The price of this (€150 for weekend, compare to for example Oxegen 2007 where it was €177.50 for a weekend ticket) does not even remotely reflect the drop in quality. Am I just being a whinge or does anyone else feel like this?

It was never meant to replace Oxegen. Unfair to compare it to that.

But it is supposed to replace last year's Longitude. And there's nobody as big as Kraftwerk, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix this year yet

sum41dude wrote: »

I do... very poor lineup so far. No disrespect to any of the bands, but it's not up to scratch. Still, there could be more to come.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It was never meant to replace Oxegen. Unfair to compare it to that.

Fair enough if it wasn't, but I see a 3 day weekend festival in July run by MCD and sponsored by Heineken with some indie rock/dance acts for roughly the same price as the old Oxegen festivals and it's hard not to compare them!

Would it be asking too much to expect something like this http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/images/stories/misc_images/oxegen_lineup_14052009.gif
    for €50 extra? Even the dance arena lineup alone (Deadmau5, Swedish House Mafia, Felix Da Housecat, Tiga, Boys Noize, MSTRKRFT, Bloody Beetroots, Digitalism) was better than anything this years longitude has to offer.

Main as in the bulk. Not the best!

Either way we are still missing a headliner are we not?

Disclosure are headlining apparently.

I'm just as confused as you are. :pac:

Main as in the bulk. Not the best!

Either way we are still missing a headliner are we not?

definitely 1, and i'd have thought 2? only Disclosure (at a push) are big enough to headline i would have thought.
    Ben Howard and BBC aren't even 2nd stage festival headline material IMO.

definitely 1, and i'd have thought 2? only Disclosure (at a push) are big enough to headline i would have thought.

I'd say at a very big push. They are a great act alright but for festival headliners I'd usually expect a more established act (generally with more than 1 album) see my Oxegen link above for examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Are the Saturday tickets sold out already? Can't seem to get them on Ticketmaster

Synode wrote: »
    Are the Saturday tickets sold out already? Can't seem to get them on Ticketmaster

I very much doubt it.

Can anyone else see anything other than 3 day tickets on Ticketmaster? Maybe the Saturday ones will be out later

They haven't even released who's playing on what day so I doubt anyone would buy day tickets until they knew who was playing.

• Advertisement

The email said today at 9am

292757.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

They apologised on fb for the confusion saying no day tickets on sale yet.

Another communication mess from MCD.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i thought this was supposed to be the sister festival of latitude?

the line ups are completely different at the stage...

It's very hard to decide whether to go to this or not. no idea what the final line-up is, no idea whose on what day.

It's very hard to decide whether to go to this or not. no idea what the final line-up is, no idea whose on what day.
    What on earth is the hurry to decide to go or not?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What on earth is the hurry to decide to go or not?

I would imagine the money and choice of going to other festivals instead.

will be waiting until the next round of names at least before considering buying a ticket. there's a few names on there that i'd be interested in, but nothing compared to last year, and certainly not enough for 3 days/€150.

im just trying to figure out where people are getting the money to go for 3 days ??

but i think the whole casual music lover will pay this price as they see it as n excuse to drink and be out in the sun , i know anybody would use that excuse for going out side but when its a festival basically thriving off this and staying safe with the acts in the line up , i find it all abit funny

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Personally i dont think €50 a day for a whole day of music isnt too bad . If you see more than 5 bands then its less than €10 per band . Now saying that i wont be going to Longitude since its not my taste in music

• Advertisement

Personally i dont think €50 a day for a whole day of music isnt too bad . If you see more than 5 bands then its less than €10 per band . Now saying that i wont be going to Longitude since its not my taste in music

If it was my taste in music and I was five bands that's I want to see I wouldn't mind 50 for a day

Advertisement