Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Mr.S wrote: »
    There has never really been any official pairing! Just the name and similar branding

They stole some of the website too.

292959.PNG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

now if blink were to headline this that would be a different story for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

A V A wrote: »
    now if blink were to headline this that would be a different story for me :P

Blink are appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Any chance TV on the Radio could be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Blink would not suit this at all!

compared to last year , this year is aload of boll*x and there are a few i could say dont suite this atall either :rolleyes:

LUPE wrote: »
    Blink are appalling

really ???

3k9kFYm.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

every single one of those acts is better than Blink-182, as I am not a 15yr old impressed by songs about dick jokes.

:rolleyes: lolololololol

yes songs about dicks lol but the last two albums had nothing about dicks :(

i also think the statements are funny because it takes all those sh*t acts to fill a line up when blink would fill a night on their own :)

theres no mixture in that line up atall, 90% of that line up is just relevant to make sales on tickets , playing it safe knowing commercial music lovers would lap it up , and think their at a glasto or bestival ! and by most replies on this thread its working.

the line up this is year is just muck compared to last years , i actually thought we were going to have a great festival that will work!!

most acts on that line up havent got a back catalogue or a previous album to go by and have only came to light within the last year or so , and lets face it , most people lap up anything the radio plays and catch on to acts etc thats why i use the term hypebeasts he whole time

sure look at cyril hahn , living off one track and getting bookings left right and centre m, yes that one track is good but any other of his tracks havent made it into chartsn:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

yes songs about dicks lol but the last two albums had nothing about dicks :(

i also think the statements are funny because it takes all those sh*t acts to fill a line up when blink would fill a night on their own :)

theres no mixture in that line up atall, 90% of that line up is just relevant to make sales on tickets , playing it safe knowing commercial music lovers would lap it up , and think their at a glasto or bestival ! and by most replies on this thread its working.

the line up this is year is just muck compared to last years , i actually thought we were going to have a great festival that will work!!

most acts on that line up havent got a back catalogue or a previous album to go by and have only came to light within the last year or so , and lets face it , most people lap up anything the radio plays and catch on to acts etc thats why i use the term hypebeasts he whole time

sure look at cyril hahn , living off one track and getting bookings left right and centre m, yes that one track is good but any other of his tracks havent made it into chartsn:rolleyes:

Are you STILL ranting about the line-up? anytime I check this thread all I see is you talking smack. if you're not a fan of the announcements thats perfectly fine but no need wreak everyones head with it.

lc180 wrote: »
    Are you STILL ranting about the line-up? anytime I check this thread all I see is you talking smack. if you're not a fan of the announcements thats perfectly fine but no need wreak everyones head with it.

yo man yeh-uh ima talkin smack :) lol:rolleyes:

think you find this is a chat forum :) and I gave an opinion regarding a headliner , then other users starting talking 'Smack' about that opinion , :) of course im going to go on and explain :) im glad im wrecking you head , if you dont like my opinion dont read them then simples :)

and im so suprised ellie goulding isnt headlining this :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

and lets face it , most people lap up anything the radio plays and catch on to acts etc thats why i use the term hypebeasts he whole time

You're so not mainstream. And coining the term 'hypebeasts'? How are you not famous

Synode wrote: »
    You're so not mainstream. And coining the term 'hypebeasts'? How are you not famous

im sucha a hipster , i read pitchfork , fader , vice , revolt , I listen to music nobody else listens to and i go to see bands before they get attention . and i dont listen to bands when they gain radio play or become some what known

I totally knew julio bashmore before au seve and seen him in the twisted peppz and also did i forget to mention i knew ben howard before his track was featured on greys Anatomy :) oh my oh my

hypebeast is a term commonly used :) its ok if you havent heard it before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

The state of this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

im sucha a hipster , i read pitchfork , fader , vice , revolt , I listen to music nobody else listens to and i go to see bands before they get attention . and i dont listen to bands when they gain radio play or become some what known

I totally knew julio bashmore before au seve and seen him in the twisted peppz and also did i forget to mention i knew ben howard before his track was featured on greys Anatomy :) oh my oh my

hypebeast is a term commonly used :) its ok if you havent heard it before :)

Thats so funny.

*cough*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mod: This thread is a wreck. It will be tidied tomorrow. Play nice until then. Please report posts rather than respond to idiocy. Thanks.

contacting shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Unless they do something scrupulous like snatch Aphex Twin again from the Picnic like Forbidden Fruit did, I might just go, or perhaps Moderat if some festival can bag them for the summer, as they were immense last night at Vicar Street.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

blink are terribad

haim are terrible, cyril hahn is a one hit wonder , bastille are over rated boll*X and a bbc radio 1 slot filler , sam smith is living off the one hit and collaborating with discloure and he's just down right terrible, disclosure are an over rated pop act , try hards in the "house" scene and they are the essential mainstream stereo type and claim to play live when they dont, bondax are just try hard disclosure fans and got a carreer right off the back off the disclosure sound/theme and also from a youtube channel,which people lap up any oul sh*t that someone semi known or famous posts !! le galaxie are the stereo typical irish band that is always pushed on people and constantly there , with no competition and no one to compare them to or put up against but hey lets give them a slot at an irish festival cause the work hard and take every gig going, knowing that if they dont , thats it for them , people will soon forget them !! CHVRCHES are just another band living off the typical 80's sounds , reminiscent to the DRIVE soundtrack , what a coincidence , that film blew up and so did the sound :rolleyes: another quirky female singer along with a band that sings different and has her own "identity and style" !! what in the name of fcuk is hozier :confused:

all the above are played all over the radio continuously and is a casual lusic lovers wet dream , there is no variety in their what so ever !!! i would not give 2 sh*Ts about the acts above if they were among other bands and acts , i wouldnt care atall , but when its these acts alone at a festival , its boll*X , its basically radio ones big weekend but in dublin :confused:

why are people failing to see the comparison of this year to last years line up , its a massive massive massive difference !!!

now that oxygen have gotten rid of the whole band aspect of things , it seems the acts that would play oxygen have been tossed over to this festival now!
    people went to oxygen for one thing, to get pissed , it was a weekend away of getting gargled with your mates and the music came second in the back ground , people saw the names that they knew from the radio or the music channels and were sold !!

i know its the same with this "festival", they played it extra safe ,its on a weekend when the weathers usually good and us irish use anything as an excuse to go out and drink , and this is now it

im surprised lorde, annie mac , duke dumont & ellie goulding isnt playing this

the only convincing and realistic acts in that line up are james vincent , bonobo , john talbot & julio bashmore , and thats not even an 1/8 of what a uk festival has to offer . i dont like bonobo and im not mad into julio bashmores sets , im not that bothered with james vincent but id be into john talbot if he was playing live , they are all appealing acts that have gained support with previous work , not just radio and tv play

its a casual chart music festival with no sense of variety at all !!!!

acts such a modeselector , moderat , mount kimbe , ghost poet etc would balance it out as well other ideas , i could name numerous of acts

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

AVA, nobody is asking you to go, or like the bands, just stop being a ...<MOD EDIT>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

MOD:
    JamieHP, there is a sitewide rule on Boards that is "Attack the post not the poster". Your post above is clearly in breach of that. Please keep the namecalling out of the forum.

Post BOLDed for AVA.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

deisedude wrote: »

Don't think they've announced a European tour so it's highly doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

How many more acts (roughly) are expected to be announced? I only saw the additions announced last Thursday there now, surprised Icona Pop was added. Thought that was an odd choice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

k.flay has been touring alot with icona pop... I would pay full price just to see her... last music act on the planet i want to see live...

mcd please listen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Has there been any more word on more announcements with this festival or has it gone quiet? It could be tempting if they announced a few decent headliners. I do like a lot of the acts on the current bill, but I think they would be better off forming a strong mid-card with the current lot than trying to have them headline. Great acts but weak headliners I'd feel. Plus having gone to EP last year I'd be seeing a fair few of the acts for a second time so I'm not sure if it'd be worth the money unless they announce something big.

I'm still waiting patiently to see what the likes of Indie/EP pull out of the bag and then I'll probably choose one out of the three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Any idea when the day tickets are available?

cant commit to full weekend but will pick up a day ticket for the day out

Advertisement