Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jossys_giants

its a very poor lineup so far imho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

its a very poor lineup so far imho
    last year this was the festival for me to go to when i saw the line up. But it is way down my list now. hopeful the picnic or FF has good lineup and already goin to body and soul

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    last year this was the festival for me to go to when i saw the line up. But it is way down my list now. hopeful the picnic or FF has good lineup and already goin to body and soul

exactly, this is below Oxygen for me , Forbidden Fruit i say will show it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Added to line up and day tickets on sale on Friday morning.

Massive Attack, Rudimental, The 1975, BANKS, Parquet Courts, Krystal Klear, O Emperor, Eagulls, RY X, Say Lou Lou, Son Lux, Josef Salvat and Samaris

They've also added who is "headlining" for each day and stage 2 to follow.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Who is headlining each days? Can't see on my phone.

Disclosure and who else? Can't see any other worthy headliners in that pile!

Friday:
    Ben Howard, Bastille, Bombay Bicycle club, Icona Pop and George Ezra

Saturday:
    Disclosure, Haim, CHVRCHES, The 1975, SAM SMITH and Hozier

Sunday:
    Massive Attack, James Vincent McMorrow, Rudimental, Banks and First Aid Kit

Still all a bit Meh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

From ticketmaster.ie....

Friday
    Ben Howard, Bastille, Bombay Bicycle Club, Icona Pop, George Ezra

Saturday
    Disclosure, Haim, Chvrches, The 1975, Sam Smith, Hozier

Sunday
    Massive Attack, James Vincent McMorrow, Rudimental, First Aid Kit, Banks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

still struggling to care about that tbh.

and Rudimental? ugh.

the full list so far:

1912505_600796459994996_869501302_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

How is Ben Howard a headliner? Great artist and all, but a headliner?

I haven't even heard of the chap

I haven't even heard of the chap

Me neither, I mean I've heard of him from this thread and the announcement but still none the wiser. Keep forgetting to check on Spotify.

• Advertisement

he sold out the Olympia in 2012, so he obviously has a following.
    never knowingly heard a track of his before the announcement, listened to a couple of songs on youtube, have no desire to see him.
    seems like the type of act that would appeal to fans of Ed Sheeran, Kodaline, etc. - pleasant, inoffensive daytime radio "indie".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,683 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

seems like the type of act that would appeal to fans of Ed Sheeran, Kodaline, etc. - pleasant, inoffensive daytime radio "indie".

Saw Ben Howard last summer in Phoenix Park as part of the Mumford & Sons, Vaccines, Edward Sharpe day.

I used his set as the go the jacks/get food/pile up on beer time. Didn't like him before the gig and seeing him live certainly didn't make me like. Certainly not my cup of tea at all.

Definitely part of the Kodaline/Ed Sheeran gang alright. I don't get how the suit up-tempo gigs/festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

what day are bonobo on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

If BBC and JVM were on the Saturday i'd be tempted to go but not too pushed otherwise. Will probably do a fair weather fan and try and pick up a ticket if the weather is good.

Happy with going to see the National on Friday instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Yawnfest. Cannot compare to last years top class lineup.

B&S is much better than Longitude already with more acts still to come. And more festivals worth looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

I like Ben Howard and I'm not a fan of either Kodaline or Ed Sheeran. :rolleyes: Not that there's anything wrong with those acts, just not my taste in music. Having said that he's much better suited to indoor gigs, having him headlining a festival will be lost on a some.

I like it even better now, yeah it's not going to appeal to the fans of last years line-up but sure as other's have said Forbidden Fruit and Body and Soul are there for that.

It's like EP, and I like that. Keep in mind that not everyone had money to go last year. RY X is someone I'd like to get the chance to see too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was hoping we would see 1975 support Biffy :(

alleystar wrote: »
    I like Ben Howard and I'm not a fan of either Kodaline or Ed Sheeran. :rolleyes: Not that there's anything wrong with those acts, just not my taste in music. Having said that he's much better suited to indoor gigs, having him headlining a festival will be lost on a some.

I like it even better now, yeah it's not going to appeal to the fans of last years line-up but sure as other's have said Forbidden Fruit and Body and Soul are there for that.

It's like EP, and I like that. Keep in mind that not everyone had money to go last year. RY X is someone I'd like to get the chance to see too.

but im failing to see why they didnt market longitude like they are with this year acts sooner and start off like that and have it as a festival for the "casual music lovers" festival , i understand forbidden fruit and b&s are there too but the dramatic change in the style of the line up has just been shocking

also im surprised lorde hasn't been announced along with rita ora,:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Making fun of the lineup won't change it.

• Advertisement

It's hardly a dramatic change now...

......ah yeah no dramatic change at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I saw Son Lux in the Workmans recently and thought he was very good. Parquet Courts is a nice addition but overall its pretty un-imaginative. Rudimental... jaysus.

The lineup is pretty disapointing for Latitude this year also so its no surprise Longitude is the same. Latitude is the real driving force behind what acts will be in the UK and Ireland that weekend in July, not a 10,000 capacity festival in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

Ben Howard would be alright on a nice sunny evening, but considering it's Ireland, Ben Howard being the headline act in the rain would not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

There is a very specific audience for this, and it sure as hell ain't me.

Wouldn't even be arsed going for Massive Attack. Doubt the performance could top their EP gig anyway.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Friday:
    Ben Howard, Bastille, Bombay Bicycle club, Icona Pop and George Ezra

Saturday:
    Disclosure, Haim, CHVRCHES, The 1975, SAM SMITH and Hozier

Sunday:
    Massive Attack, James Vincent McMorrow, Rudimental, Banks and First Aid Kit

Still all a bit Meh!

Would have loved Ben Howard , BBC , George Ezra , 1975 , Hozier , Rudimental , Massive Attack on one day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A V A wrote: »
    but im failing to see why they didnt market longitude like they are with this year acts sooner and start off like that and have it as a festival for the "casual music lovers" festival , i understand forbidden fruit and b&s are there too but the dramatic change in the style of the line up has just been shocking

I wouldn't be surprised if EP has scooped all the aces this year and are just waiting to announce, EP could have exclusives which is why Longitude's line up is sub standard, mind you, Massive Attack is a reasonable scoop. I notice that both Forbidden Fruit and Longitude seem to be using acts that have played at EP since its existence with a few former Oxegen acts in there too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I wouldn't be surprised if EP has scooped all the aces this year and are just waiting to announce, EP could have exclusives which is why Longitude's line up is sub standard, mind you, Massive Attack is a reasonable scoop. I notice that both Forbidden Fruit and Longitude seem to be using acts that have played at EP since its existence with a few former Oxegen acts in there too.

I can see 2DCC doing FF at this stage if they are to do a outdoor irish show over here . Would be a decent scoop for FF imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Would love to see Massive Attack but nothing else on the lineup would make me buy a ticket. They look seriously out of place on that lineup, can't see them drawing a huge crowd if they are on the same time as Rudimental :(

HighClass wrote: »
    Would love to see Massive Attack but nothing else on the lineup would make me buy a ticket. They look seriously out of place on that lineup, can't see them drawing a huge crowd if they are on the same time as Rudimental :(
    they're both on the main stage so won't be on at the same time. from Longitude's tweet, it looks Rudimental will be on 3rd from top, so around 5-6pm-ish. booze/food/other stage time for me then so.

e: and as for the crowd anyway, I can't imagine more than 5% of people know anything other than Teardrop and Unfinished Sympathy. having them playing a load of basically unknown songs on an outdoor stage while it's still bright will probably be a massive flop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Why does everyone hate Rudimental? I only know one of their songs, the one with Emily Sande, and it's quite good.

Advertisement