Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,683 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Synode wrote: »
    Why does everyone hate Rudimental? I only know one of their songs, the one with Emily Sande, and it's quite good.

I don't get this either. They have a reputation for having one of the most energetic live shows around. A very successful album to boot too.

Was very disappointed I couldn't see them in Galway in Jan 2013.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Why does everyone hate Rudimental? I only know one of their songs, the one with Emily Sande, and it's quite good.

Yea anyone i know who has seen them said they were brilliant . Would'nt mind seeing them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i find their music appalling.
    scumbags love them.
    i prefer my DnB without pop singers and a flashy stage show.

much like why I love house music and don't like David Guetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That announcement has swayed me :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Can we assume the lineup is more or less complete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Can we assume the lineup is more or less complete Sh**e?

Fixed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

scumbags love them.

bit of a generalization there babe :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

scumbags love them.

They are not dnb. The only similarity that rudimental have to actual DnB is the tempo of the beats of a couple of their songs. that's all.

And plenty of top of the line DnB has "pop" singers and flashy stage shows. Netsky and Andy C for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tinie wrote: »
    They are not dnb. The only similarity that rudimental have to actual DnB is the tempo of the beats of a couple of their songs. that's all.

And plenty of top of the line DnB has "pop" singers and flashy stage shows. Netsky and Andy C for example.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudimental
    Genres Drum and bass, liquid funk, jungle, soul

granted, i've only heard about 4 or 5 songs, but they were all quite clearly dnb-esque, albeit pop versions of the genre.

Netsky is ****ing atrocious too.

99.9% of DnB doesn't have pop singers or flashy stage shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

I'm completely indifferent to Rudimental, not really interested in them at all tbh. I just find them a really odd addition to the existing lineup (as I did Icona Pop), I thought maybe they would have been better suited to Oxygen's lineup, unless Oxygen isn't going ahead this year and they just wanted to slot them into an Irish festival.

• Advertisement

Announced by 6Music Obelisk Arena headliners The Black Keys, headlining a UK festival for the first time, lead the latest raft of names announced for Latitude Festival 2014 set to take place over the weekend of Thursday 17th to Sunday 20th July 2014 at Henham Park Estate, in Suffolk.
    Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140306l.shtml#OcKbtRudlW438FK0.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Announced by 6Music Obelisk Arena headliners The Black Keys, headlining a UK festival for the first time, lead the latest raft of names announced for Latitude Festival 2014 set to take place over the weekend of Thursday 17th to Sunday 20th July 2014 at Henham Park Estate, in Suffolk.
    Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140306l.shtml#OcKbtRudlW438FK0.99

I reckon theyll play one of the Irish festivals this year, their touring Europe a good bit during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Jesus the latitude lineup pisses on longitudes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

HighClass wrote: »
    Would love to see Massive Attack but nothing else on the lineup would make me buy a ticket. They look seriously out of place on that lineup, can't see them drawing a huge crowd if they are on the same time as Rudimental :(

Anyone choosing to see rudimental over Massive attack need their head examined in fairness.

Anyone choosing to see rudimental over Massive attack need their head examined in fairness.

Rudimental are on the main stage that day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

im getting really old. i have no interest in seeing any of this. well maybe james mcmorrow and MA. but are they music in a field type bands? glad i got tickets for pixies and that canadian band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I imagine Massive Attack will be a bit like Kraftwerk last year. People will turn up because they're the band closing the festival and they expect something big, then when they hear a few down-tempo songs they'll start wandering off. There was a mass exodus from Kraftwerk about three songs in, a lot of people were only there to see the 3D effects, which weren't all that impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I imagine Massive Attack will be a bit like Kraftwerk last year. People will turn up because they're the band closing the festival and they expect something big, then when they hear a few down-tempo songs they'll start wandering off. There was a mass exodus from Kraftwerk about three songs in, a lot of people were only there to see the 3D effects, which weren't all that impressive.

i thought Kraftwerk were quite epic myself, did not see a mass exodus either

i thought Kraftwerk were quite epic myself, did not see a mass exodus either

Great performance but the 3D was pointless, and there definitely was a mass exodus, the crowd halved by the end, I know cos I was scowling at people trying to get past me to get leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I didn't think the longitude lineup had anything in comparison to last years, however with the new EP lineup announced my mind has changed. 90% of the line up isn't for me so longitude seems like a great bargain this year, just wish I could have made it to last years one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I didn't think the longitude lineup had anything in comparison to last years, however with the new EP lineup announced my mind has changed. 90% of the line up isn't for me so longitude seems like a great bargain this year, just wish I could have made it to last years one!
    I'm thinking the same.

I've gone to Indiependance the past two years because I've really enjoyed it as a festival and the acts that played were brilliant. I know it's early days but so far EP & Indie look poor, Longitude seems the best available so far for my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same.

I've gone to Indiependance the past two years because I've really enjoyed it as a festival and the acts that played were brilliant. I know it's early days but so far EP & Indie look poor, Longitude seems the best available so far for my money.

Never heard of Indiependance but I will look into it. It's just so infuriating as when I was too young to attend EP or couldn't make it down the line up's were great. I understand that they want to attract the older crowd back but they went from one extreme to the other! Unfortunately this is the one year all my friends want to go so I say I will end up tagging along :mad:

Edit: just checked out the indiependance line up there, would go down to see White Lies and Delorentos alone, both fabulous bands!

Having been to Oxegen, Electric Picnic, Indie and Forbidden Fruit multiple times, and Longitude last year, I can tell you EP is always the best, line-up or not. Longitude was great last year but that was because of A) the weather and B) the line-up. Line-up this year is a massive step down and there's no guarantee on the weather. I might get a day ticket for Massive Attack if I can afford it, but it's a lot weaker than FF and EP this year, and the location isn't ideal for a non-camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I don't quite understand the comparisons between previous years of festivals - surely the only factor relevant is comparisons to other festivals this year?

Is this years longitude line up a step down on last year? - yes, should it impact on the decision to go this year? - no

I may end up at indie again - they'll add more acts over the next few months, plus it's only over the road for me - makes driving back with a dose if the fear more manageable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sitrucronoc

Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes) has self confirmed for the Sunday on Songkick....

http://www.songkick.com/artists/2331579-conor-oberst

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gary_is_hip

Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes) has self confirmed for the Sunday on Songkick....

http://www.songkick.com/artists/2331579-conor-oberst

At least we know there's definitely more acts to be announced!

I've bought my ticket because the line up is pretty much my taste down to a tee but I'm still hoping they might have one more big act in them to announce to help persuade my peers to by a ticket too, otherwise I'll be going alone or end up selling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Can't wait for this!

Myself and my boyfriend are coming up from cork and can't decide what to do with regards accommodation. We were gonna stay in bewleys leopardstown or the beacon as this are both close enough to marlay park and we could get taxis..

But now we are thinking would it be better to stay in town and get the shuttle bus in and out? The shuttle seems kinda expensive at €10 return.. Dunno what to do really! Never been to a non-camping festival before...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Can't wait for this!

Myself and my boyfriend are coming up from cork and can't decide what to do with regards accommodation. We were gonna stay in bewleys leopardstown or the beacon as this are both close enough to marlay park and we could get taxis..

But now we are thinking would it be better to stay in town and get the shuttle bus in and out? The shuttle seems kinda expensive at €10 return.. Dunno what to do really! Never been to a non-camping festival before...

You could compare the price of accommodation in Leopardstown or The Beacon plus taxi fare compared to the price of accommodation in town plus the shuttle bus. I'd say taxis would be busy after the festival is over but if you have Hailo, you should be able to get a taxi soon after the last act finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Can't wait for this!

There's regular dublin busses that go out too - 16A I think. Should be bout €2.40 each way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

They wouldn't be going after the festival though, would they..?!

Advertisement