Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli question

Options
  • 11-12-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    making mango and apple chutney later tonight and when I looked in the fridge I've no fresh chillis left. Recipe says one fresh chilli. Could I use dried crushed chilli instead? If so, how much would be equivalent to one chilli? Trying to save myself a trip back to the shops! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭Thud

yeah I used dried chipotle and ancho chillies to make chilli, so using dried chillies will be grand, how much depends on how hot you want it...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Maybe too late but if you submerge dried crushed chilies and blast them in the micro for 20sec it will make it easier to chop them if you want them finer, might work better in the chutney.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Thanks for the tip! Won't be making it till the morning now so cheers Mr. M. :)

Advertisement