Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the UK

• 11-12-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was thinking of moving over to the UK, I'm 21 and have worked in the local factory since I left school and also done some labouring work, its all a bit boring here and id like to move over to the uk to experience something different as im still living at home and want to move on but would like to start some where else. i have about 8 grand saved up so getting set up over there so i think that shouldnt be a problem.

first off I'd be looking to start off with a job similar to what im doing now, general operative in a factory or maybe labouring work on a site. after i get set up over there i might try get on an apprenticeship scheme or something but for now id just like to know what would be a good area for my type of work?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

please stop putting up your savings amount :eek:,as it none of anybodys buisness.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

This depends on what you're looking for OP. There will be plenty of factory worker jobs but the pay seems to average around £7/hour. You'll have to check out which areas you want to live in, quiet town or bustling city like London or Manchester. Look into the apprenticeship schemes at home and abroad. It might make more sense to do an apprenticeship in Ireland before moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 K Barry

You shouldn't really have any major issues with getting work in the uk. There are plenty of job boards, agencies, etc. etc. The most economical place to live is the north but the best place to find work is the south of the UK. If you are bored, try London for a year or two, plenty there to keep you occupied. One thing to watch out for, maybe things have changed but when I started working over here, a few years ago now, it was a pain in the backside to open a simple bank account, but maybe that has changed. Just check that out as one of the first things you do.

Kevin

Advertisement