Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Horse Racing.

Options
  • 11-12-2013 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭

Simple one here. A user had created multiple accounts on the horse racing forum and was disrupting the forum. All the regular posters became aware of this and commented on it for days.

The moderator didn't do anything at all.

Again posters voiced their concerns. Mod warned them not to attack the poster, attack the post. Again mod did nothing.

I voiced my opinion in a somewhat abrupt manner, obviously not the beat way but we were being ignored by the mod.

After the mod banned me, Mod finally looked into the posters and discovered it was the same person.

I remain banned

Mod was convert and since last night will not respond to my PMs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Simple one here. A user had created multiple accounts on the horse racing forum and was disrupting the forum. All the regular posters became aware of this and commented on it for days.

Again posters voiced their concerns. Mod warned them not to attack the poster, attack the post. Again mod did nothing.

I voiced my opinion in a somewhat abrupt manner, obviously not the beat way but we were being ignored by the mod.

After the mod banned me, Mod finally looked into the posters and discovered it was the same person.

I remain banned

Mod was convert and since last night will not respond to my PMs

EDIT: it was actually the other moderator Urban Sea who looked into it and banned the culprit, while convert continues to ignore the forum and do nothing.

I don't feel it fair that I'm banned due to a mods incompetence

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll take a look at your ban.

You say the mod has not responded since last night. We normally expect posters to give mods a couple of days to get back to them. Is this a case of having concluded your discussions on the ban, or were you expecting them to continue?

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I'll take a look at your ban.

You say the mod has not responded since last night. We normally expect posters to give mods a couple of days to get back to them. Is this a case of having concluded your discussions on the ban, or were you expecting them to continue?

To be honest I felt the ban didn't make sense, all the forum wanted was the issue looked into which the mod didn't do and the 2nd mod Urban Sea resolved in a few minutes

To be honest myself and the mod in question have had a few run ins

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed the ban with the mod at all?

That's the first step before starting a thread here

Have you discussed the ban with the mod at all?

That's the first step before starting a thread here

I did try and the mod was online but didn't answer me and has been online since. I've actually PMed a couple of times.

I've spoken with the other mod but to be honest it's nothing to do with him so he can't get involved and I wouldn't ask him too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Unless they are explicitly invited to post in this thread, posts by anyone other than the OP, the CMod or an admin will be deleted.

There must be no speculation over re-regs in the public forums. Any concerns report the poster or PM the mods.

The Mods and CMods are not in a position to determine who is a re-reg and who is not. That's for the Admins to decide. We may ask them to have a look at possible matches.
    This is what you posted
    convert wrote: »
    Guys, stop the witch hunt, will ye.

If you've an issue with post, then report the post. Do not start attacking posters.

Not posters plural! It's clearly one fuxkin nutbag. Do your job and ban him and that will contain the madness
    after previously stating
    The retardation is strong around here lately
    So basically you were back-seat modding and complaining about moderation in-thread - something that is not permitted anywhere on Boards, except in the Help Desk forum, or possibly Feedback.

The particular problem I have here is this is not the first time. Indeed the mod stated in their ban message that they had mentioned "umpteen times before" that you should not complain in thread but should PM the mods instead

This brings me to your record in the forum, which to be honest is abysmal. You have picked up 1 Yellow, 4 Reds and 7 Bans - after one of those bans was lifted you were warned that any more abuse would result in a permanent ban

You are showing no signs of mending your ways and I am upholding the ban. Indeed given your record I am surprised it's not longer. You are a burden on the forum mods and this must stop. Hence I will mark your cards here and now - if you pick up another ban in the forum over the next 6 months I will make it permanent

You may ask an Admin to review this if you wish

Nope no need to pass to an admin. Thanks for looking into it.

Having said that I think it's a community/forums duty to protect itself when it's not being done by the people responsible for it. At least 10 posters pointed out this obvious re-reg accounts and it continued for weeks. This was my only issue.

At least 10 posters pointed out this obvious re-reg accounts and it continued for weeks. This was my only issue.
    They should not have done so - they should have reported it. Even if it seems "obvious" that's not adequate proof - the Mods and CMods can only act on re-regs once the Admins have done their own checks and confirmed the links. I am happy to discuss this specific point further via PM if you wish, but I think this dispute can be marked as resolved

They should not have done so - they should have reported it. Even if it seems "obvious" that's not adequate proof - the Mods and CMods can only act on re-regs once the Admins have done their own checks and confirmed the links. I am happy to discuss this specific point further via PM if you wish, but I think this dispute can be marked as resolved

Yes. Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For the record - a timeout for RichieLawlor for registering a new account to get around this ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement