Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: December 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It's a beefy cold front alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

jenjenten wrote: »
    Limerick is sooo dark!....all the cars have their lights on full beam, its like night during the day, i dont like this weather!! :(

Better than the few fools I met, with no lights on...

Spot flooding a problem in Galway at the moment.

WaterfordCityWeather recorded an 87 km/h gust.

http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxwugraphs.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Weathering wrote: »
    Latest update from NI weather on facebook.

northern forecast is usually much more accurate for donegal the the RTE one's.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Torrential rain in Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

All flights in/out of knock operating as normal and have been all day. runway 09 in use. although the inbound Ryanair is using runway 27.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭squonk

North Clare: gotten dark here afain as another band of cloud is moving in. I expect it'll pass and we'll start getting into more gradual showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

lashing and more lashing down here in cork city, i barely got across the street, there is a river flowing down blarney street and strawberry hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭snowstorm2013

My brother was just on phone to me and he said west Dublin is breezy but no rain yet. Are they likely to get the squally front or will it lose its power before hitting the east coast? Update from north sligo.... breezy with strong gusts. Some specks of rain in the wind but nothing out of the ordinary yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

greenpilot wrote: »
    Serious rain here in mayo. I drove from Ballaghadreen to Clatemorris in a van and it was crazy stuff. The van is stopped now but is bouncing up and down with the wind. Deffo no flights into knock. I drove past the approach lights at the end if the runway and u could hardly make them out.

Flight from Liverpool just landed, its not quite that bad ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Very heavy rain here in Fermoy, beating against the window. Not too windy in comparison to other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Really heavy squall come through Ballyhaunis - not a nice day to be out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

WaterfordCityWeather recorded an 87 km/h gust.

http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxwugraphs.php

A station record 89.5km/h now Maq. Wasn't expecting it to be so bad down in our neck of the woods.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Some power outages beginning to dot the ESB network supply map in the west of Ireland now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Some power outages beginning to dot the ESB network supply map in the west of Ireland now.

Link please. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Irish Rail have announced that Kent Station in Cork has closed effective immediately following damage to the roof of the building.
    Link please. Thanks

You can find the map here - https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

I have been checking it on and off for the last few hours, there are a lot more outages now than there were even 30 minutes ago.

post-18389-0-18897500-1387379300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Link please. Thanks

Think this is the one S.O. is looking at

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its has gotten brighter again in Galway reminding us its only half 3 yet :) it felt like today was going to be shortest day of the year by far:pac:

• Advertisement

Update from Irish Rail on twitter -
    Iarnród Éireann@IrishRail

Update: Cork Services operating to/from Mallow. Cork/Cobh & Cork/Midleton suspended until further notice due to damage to Kent station roof.

https://twitter.com/IrishRail/status/413327327225868288

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The wind has started to pick up now in Dublin South/City, here we go...

Great Image Maq!

111 km/h gust recorded at Cork Airport at 3pm. These winds are convective gusts being dragged down by the intense rain. The "main event" wind won't be starting until closer to 5pm on the west coast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm in Dublin City - arrived at about 12 today and it was bone dry, starting to get dark and wet now....we came back to our hotel cos just couldn't be traipsing around shopping now!

Weather in cork is horrendous by all accounts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭systemicrisk

111 km/h gust recorded at Cork Airport at 3pm. These winds are convective gusts being dragged down by the intense rain. The "main event" wind won't be starting until closer to 5pm on the west coast.

I was wondering because it has got very calm again in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Kent Station Cork
    4B814404A0674D9ABAD0B8206FD79DFF-0000334566-0003461289-00600L-C47672649FA74596BB82A8A635DBB392.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

My WS caught that at 49km/h @ 15:04 I'm sheltered, and that would be a very high wind catch for my WS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Think this is the one S.O. is looking at

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/
    There is also an official app for ios and android.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement