Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Calm ish again in Cork here now..

Worst of it over I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Getting very gusty here now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Malcolm.

Storm due to peak around 21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

squonk wrote: »
    North Clare: Blue skies here with scudding clouds. Wind has picked up markedly in the last 3 minutes. No shower in sight so I expect this is the roll into the storm. As I type the wind is picking up further. It was a very sudden transition from relatively heavy breeze to gusty strong wind.

It should be picking up quickly now over the next hour or so along the Clare/Galway coast. If the models are right it should be reaching storm force by around 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Not hugely windy in the slightest in Dublin where I am. Was windier last night and this morning.

Never get some of the extremist reports that always come in from very southern areas during windy periods. Rain is torrential but not much other than that. Maybe I'm always in a sheltered spot, or else my view on whats stormy and what isn't is just different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Torrential rain & serious winds in Greystones for the past hour. Didn't think we would get it as bad on the east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It would be helpful if posters gave their location.

West of Galway the rate of wind speed increase is really noticeable. It's gone from a breeze to a gale in 30 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

There seems to be a situation unfolding at Dublin Airport with an aircraft having some technical problems...

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw3&icao=eidw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭squonk

It should be picking up quickly now over the next hour or so along the Clare/Galway coast. If the models are right it should be reaching storm force by around 5pm.

That's very true! My god the speed at which the winds are intensifying is crazy! Since my last post it's actually gotten stormy here now with powerful gusts. Every 3-4 minutes it kicks up another notch! I'm living here nearly 40 years and have never experienced wind intensify this fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Latest Reports- Highest gust Roches point 63knots/72.5mp/h
    Bellmullet recent snow, doubt it ha
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

torres9kop wrote: »
    Bradys pub sign in shankill co dublin blown off, nearly hit pedestrians below. Gonna be a mad nite!!!

Which pub is this ? I live in shankill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

John.Icy wrote: »
    Not hugely windy in the slightest in Dublin where I am. Was windier last night and this morning.

Never get some of the extremist reports that always come in from very southern areas during windy periods. Rain is torrential but not much other than that. Maybe I'm always in a sheltered spot, or else my view on whats stormy and what isn't is just different.

F9 winds by the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Oh man it's spilling down here in Dundalk, torrential. I wouldn't like to be out in that! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What a change from an hour ago, blue skies breaking through the cloud and light winds around Castlebar, around what time can we expect phase 2?

124 km/h gust at Kinsale Energy platform at 4pm.

Which pub is this ? I live in shankill

Are they still serving ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

from waterfordcityweather
    Todays high wind speed of 89.45 km/h

I think that must have happened about 20 mins ago when it was screaming a bit between the houses. Scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

A few trees down locally during the rain and squalls.

Surprised at that. While it was windy, it wasn't that windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Here in South Clare the temperature has dropped significantly, feels very cold here now. ..
    Almost as if it's going to snow. ...
    Driving home to the Burren soon :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'm not sure the rain is as heavy as it looks on the charts here, seems the wind is making it look and sound worse then it is

Defenitely not as Heavy as the charts made out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Suppose to be driving from Dublin to Kilkenny at around 7
    Should I stay put do ye think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Serious Squall here now! of rain and hail

channaigh wrote: »

You should be fine, it's really only an event for western coastal counties this evening and tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

You should be fine, it's really only an event for western coastal counties this evening and tonight.

Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Just talking to someone on the coast of Donegal and they said it's horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Malcolm.

Getting dark here now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well very gusty here now with reall torrential rain.

Biggest gusts to date.

channaigh wrote: »

I would stay put : I'm suppose to be driving from north shankill to southern ballybrack at 6 / cancelled to crazy out there !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Good lord i dont think ive ever seen the temp drop so quick before,, 11.3c,10.7c, 10.3c, 10.0c, 9.5c, 9.4c, 9.3c, 9.2c....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

There seems to be a situation unfolding at Dublin Airport with an aircraft having some technical problems...

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw3&icao=eidw
    an air france jet is having engine trouble, its literally just landed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement