Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

At 8c, Belmullet reporting recent snow. Can we have the manned stations back please... :o

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Donegal Town - Very heavy rain but no excessive gusts as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

I would stay put : I'm suppose to be driving from north shankill to southern ballybrack at 6 / cancelled to crazy out there !!

I'll see what it's like in a couple of hours meant to be calm now in Kilkenny rain has stopped and not too windy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

There seem to be power outages countrywide now, certain pockets hit.

EDIT: 15,000 homes without power at the moment according to the ESB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Was in Clifden early afternoon, there was torrential rain but not much wind. In half an hour according to the car (I know) it went from 11 degrees to 6. Now there is high winds and either a long heavy shower or the start of the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Pretty interesting episode here in newbridge. Extremely heavy rain & Hail, crazy wind alarms going off and heard there is roof damage to Dunnes Stores with water leaking onto the shop floor.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The wind should be continuing to rise quickly along the Clare/Galway coast now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Holy ****:eek:

there is going to be damage done

Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

channaigh wrote: »
    I'll see what it's like in a couple of hours meant to be calm now in Kilkenny rain has stopped and not too windy

Just all try be safe out there / batten down the hatches and get the marshmallows around the fire - turn tv off and listen to Mother Nature outside -

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

?area=europe;type=infrared;width=650;height=650;time=2013-12-18T16:15:10Z;authkey=Z9v6qvgmT;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Well they can use their Car Park now for a TEMP BUILDING :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Didn't get much pictures in Strandhill, wasn't too bad when there as it's gone quite calm in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You can see where the swathe of high winds is just approaching southwest Galway, it is within that area where the wind is at its strongest.

I have outlined it in red box.

satewind.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Buzz84

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    an air france jet is having engine trouble, its literally just landed

What a suprise. They must have the worst safety record in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Still consistently heavy in Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

The wind should be continuing to rise quickly along the Clare/Galway coast now.

Wind speed increasing now in Galway city
    F5 Westerly breeze
    Mean 21mph, max gust 42mph
    Barometer 973.50 hPa: Falling quickly -1.48 hPa/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

Looking and sounding pretty epic out here in Sandyford ... not looking forward to commute home :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Squall has just arrived here with a rain rate of 102.0mm/hr. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BaRmy79

Constantly heavy squally rain here now in west dublin and winds picking up a bit now.It s a good deal stormier than I thought it would be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Latest Met Eireann report no longer using the word 'stormy'. Another damp squib guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

In Blanchardstown and have got a really serious gust, strongest I've seen in a very long time accompanied by heavy rain. Careful out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Beginning to get windy now in West Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wind seems to be veering more southerly now from SE as speed is dying down so Wicklow mountains are sheltering here. Suspect winds in southern Dublin may calm down a bit for a while.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Latest Met Eireann report no longer using the word 'stormy'. Another damp squib guys.

Still a weather alert of color RED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Calm here near knock airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Massive gusts hitting Dublin 8 now. Wowww!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

You can see where the swathe of high winds is just approaching southwest Galway, it is within that area where the wind is at its strongest.

I have outlined it in red box.

Is this still heading for Northwest Donegal? I have a class tonight at 7pm and don't know if I should cancel or not

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

There's a really good page on Facebook called The Donegal Weather Channel which always has lots of real time updates and lots of photos too, worth having a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Black clouds rolling in over Castlebar calm before the storm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

bit of a shower in inishowen, no sign of any stormy weather yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement