Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Runway change soon to RWY28 at Dublin airport, that rain was impressive for a while. A couple of go around just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Heavy rain and gusty here in Dundalk. Rain started around 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Malcolm. wrote: »
    Can't understand why some people on here where wishing for high winds and looking forward gleefully to a big storm.

It excites some people

And it doesn't excite others.

Those that don't get excited by it should probably toddle off to another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Looks like Trogdors Bray station is...

A. Getting hammered with people checking it online
    B. Its blown off its pole

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

yop wrote: »
    Castlebar was quite and dry, not is lashing it and windy. 7c degrees.

You should of seen it between 14.00-15.00, torrential rain and strong gusts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Talk about massive temp drops
    South Sligo
    285107.png

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Weathering wrote: »

Get under a table

Calm enough here at the moment, by Donegal standards, and the heavy rain has stopped. Maybe it will pass us by ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

South coast, buoy 62023 recorded a gust of 77 MPH, that's 66.9 knots and 124KPH.:eek:

In the past 20 minutes

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Can't understand why some people on here where wishing for high winds and looking forward gleefully to a big storm.

...it would have happened anyway...unfortunately wishes do not dictate the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Wind has increased to an F6 westerly in Galway city now
    Mean 25mph
    Gust 44mph

Barometer 973.73 hPa: Falling -1.00 hPa/hr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

On a 40 bus. All looks calm outside on Thomas St. Umbrellas up but no sign pf them catching strong winds.

And to everyone who's reporting its dark - of course it's bloody dark. It's after 5pm approaching the shortest day of the year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Malcolm.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You're new to these parts obviously! :)

Must be, I still can't understand why some people would actively wish for a storm that damages property, life and limb. I must be soft having any empathy for anyone affected by this instead of focusing on my personal thrill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Wind increasing quickly in Castlebar now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Any reports from north clare/galway coast on current conditions?

Not on the coast Maq but very sudden surge of strong gusts just arrived in the last minute.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Must be, I still can't understand why some people would actively wish for a storm that damages property, life and limb. I must be soft having any empathy for anyone affected by this instead of focusing on my personal thrill.

Wrong thread AND forum me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Any reports from north clare/galway coast on current conditions?

West Connemara here, very windy at the moment, no instruments so can't be more detailed unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Getting very dark here now

That would be the transition to evening time that you're experiencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Newbie comes to a weather forum and tells all they are doing it wrong :rolleyes:
    PI is thataway - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

In other news, I'm quite surprised that the winds are staying fairly brisk after that squall passed through.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Merkin wrote: »
    Just talking to someone on the coast of Donegal and they said it's horrific.

Would love to know where exactly... It all quite where I am in Donegal..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    In other news, I'm quite surprised that the winds are staying fairly brisk after that squall passed through.

Winds have eased here a good bit here now. 6.2c now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Wind picking up again here in East Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Not on the coast Maq but very sudden surge of strong gusts just arrived in the last minute.

Thats more like it!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wrong thread AND forum me thinks

Not really, I enjoy weather forecasting, but I don't express awish for weather events that harm people or property. I think its poor form and I hardly thinkthat's obligatory here to partake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Supercell wrote: »

Seems to calmed down again here in Dundalk.

Thats more like it!

If someone is hurt, how is "that's more like it" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Mean 10 min windspeed has shot up from 9 to 22 kt in last 10 mins! That nice 'whirling' sound now starting outside.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

O give it over.

I personally love a good lightning storm and when conditions look right, im over the moon.

Should said lightning storm cause damage, injury or worse, of course im not excited about the negitive effects, but i will always have a passon of observing storms etc.

Much with Motoring events no...... people do get hurt... yet people find themselves wishing and praying for the next event to come along.

If you dont get it then you just dont get it. Life will go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Getting very dark here now

Same thing happened at roughly the same time yesterday.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

If someone is hurt, how is "that's more like it" ?

Bore off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭snowstorm2013

Whats with the downgraded met eireann forecast? Is the storm not going to materialise ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement