Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: December 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Im going to up this to a level 3 for the NW , any objections ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Xenji wrote: »
    You can have a look here, looks like Westport https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

Thanks. Have an elderly friend living near Ballycastle.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Im going to up this to a level 3 for the NW , any objections ?

Since Met Eireann have their highest warning for there I think it's justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

If this is live looks like rain has stopped in gal city

http://46.137.167.201/webcam/

Webcam from claddagh has gone down however in shop street

http://www.webcamgalore.com/EN/webcam/Ireland/Galway/15373.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Lads and ladies be feckin careful out there tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You can have a look here, looks like Westport https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

I see they fixed the Carrowbeg (Westport) outage 2 hrs before it started :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

On the coast, south of Donegal town, a mobile home just bit the dust, its entire roof just flew passed the house here.

It's absolutely lethal out there. Surprised we still have electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Wind is mental here in Sligo. Took a gander out to Strandhill, lucky the tide is out, the waves are huge. River in town very high too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Pretty concerning wind at the moment, and that is just a taste of whats to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

irishgeo wrote: »
    https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

1500 households with out power in the westport area, seems to have calmed down a bit in claremorris.

Very useful link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

I'd a VERY challenging drive from Trim to Navan after 4pm today. Rain was worst I've ever experienced falling across the road and flooding occurred SO FAST! There was a reprieve for an hour or two and now in very North Meath at home the wind is howling. Clothes on the line outside are horizontal.......:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

500 people on the forum, 100,000 thread views! Its not even that awful a storm in the scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wind seems to be dieing down in Galway now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Location: CarrowbegType of service interruption: FaultNumber of customers affected: 6228 Start time: 18/12/2013 19:25 Estimated restore time: 18/12/2013 17:45
    Service Interruption Message:
    We apologise for the loss of supply. We are currently working to repair a fault affecting your premises and will restore power as quickly as possible.

Boy those ESB guys are good:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Wind has risen here in Annagry NW Donegal and the lights just flickered. Time to get the candles out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

lightning in Sligo just now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

The BBC showing a significant amount of wintry showers west to east overnight and tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

West Limerick has pretty much seen the peak by now. Winds lessening somewhat.

There's been some nice gusts, nothing to get too excited about.

All in all, its played out as predicted on the forum. The odd tree and bush blown over, people's Christmas decorations getting knocked about.

Really enjoying reading the reports from posters and seeing the pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Torrential hail and extremely high winds now in Donegal. Let the games commence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

mike65 wrote: »
    500 people on the forum, 100,000 thread views! Its not even that awful a storm in the scheme of things.

Remins me of snow watch on the forum!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

fairly serious here in crossmolina , mayo.. anyone have an idea of the timescale for mayo.. the worst of it gone by 11 ? please !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

One fatality, possibly two, major localised damage, at least seven in hospital as direct result of the events. It has its moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Daniel O Donnel

Says he in Waterford, the furthest away from the storm as possible.

Getting really rough now outside Letterkenny and it is only starting here yet:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭TheBody

Any pics of flooding or damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Getting really rough now outside Letterkenny and it is only starting here yet:eek:

i89PA4tdwO0FI.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Electric off central Donegal outside Ballybofey, brutal out there.....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

have to say as I am from along by Clew bay originally I am used to storms over the 30 years I lived there, but fup me there werer 2 gales here in castlebar as bad as I have ever witnessed. It took the barbecue with 5 four inch solid blocks on it and the cyclinder of gas still on the shelf and brought it about 30ft down the garden! Thank God it didn't hit anything!!!!!!

As of this moment we have lightening, the power is still here, sky is gone :( , driving rain but it certainly hasn't decreased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Some hail now in Ballybane, Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

seligehgit wrote: »
    Very useful link.

Electricity is out in Parts of South Dublin. Expected the west to lose power but not Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement