Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: December 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sorry to hear that, stay safe out there! If YOU DONT NEED TO BE OUT DONT BE OUT!

In one there, my missus decided she needed to go to town at 5.30! FS I nearly had a canary!!! She came home around 7 and it was peaking here then.

Hope them people are ok.

Definitely reduced here now, plenty of hail, but I would say we are at about 60% of the strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Mace head 58G65kt and Malin head SW 50G71kt in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Terry Wogans Inner Thigh

Jaysus twas hairy enough driving home tonight in Sligo.

Home now, and my letterbox doth flap .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Tis picking up here again.

Nice bit of hail came down fast too.

If there's a white blanket in the morning I'll be very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickyfitzy2

yop wrote: »
    In one there, my missus decided she needed to go to town at 5.30! FS I nearly had a canary!!! She came home around 7 and it was peaking here then.

Hope them people are ok.

Definitely reduced here now, plenty of hail, but I would say we are at about 60% of the strength.
    Not nice conditions out there, quiet xmas for me I hope, hope you and all the posters today have a good one. Cheers to all for the updates today nice to know whats going on in other places not just relying on met.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

Still very gusty here at westport quay, small refrigeration container blown into sea earlier, high tide at six came over quay wall ( coincided With high point of storm ) storm sea water has destroyed tarmac parking area at end of quay completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Aye keep safe everybody insane hailstorm for about 2 minutes in claregalway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Winds have picked up lots here outside Kilkenny.
    Another torrential shower and I swear I heard thunder. Or maybe it was just the wind :(

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I think we got the worst of it here in Galway all day. Worst wind Iv seen in a while. Salt hill is a washout!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Is there a level 4 and 5 event?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

davidsr20 wrote: »
    I think we got the worst of it here in Galway all day. Worst wind Iv seen in a while. Salt hill is a washout!

Yeah I agree, Mace head had it a lot worse than Belmullet and Malin heads latest gust is 73knots so still behind Galway. I'm not sure if Malin will top 78knots tbh

Not Sure the worst of it is over for North Donegal yet 73 knt gust in last hour, but I hope uou are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭squarecircles

conditions earlier this evening in West Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Getting windy in North Kilkenny. Just driven through some very snowy sleet!

Not Sure the worst of it is over for North Donegal yet 73 knt gust in last hour, but I hope uou are correct.
    I'm 10 Miles south of Malin Head and its still really gusty here with constant high winds, just saw a fairly substantial branch fly by my house and part of my fence just took of on a holiday towards carndonagh. If anything I think its gotten stronger here in last 20 mins.Would definitely not rule out 78+ knts for Malin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Thousands of euro worth of damage done to pier here in Donegal Town tonight. On mobile here so can't post pics but you can see them at

www.facebook.com/donegal.waterbus

Water flooded quayside car park at high tide. Metal railings were torn out of their concrete base. Place is a disaster zone. Hope to get more pics at first light. Crazy night !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Bby5Ko2CAAAUoU9.jpg:large

Mini Tornado in Kilmallock Co Limerick , blew the roof off a house .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Our thoughts are with the emergency services who had to deal with that horrific accident on the motorway this evening. Several people are in a critical condition at UHG.

Galway advertiser

God bless them

Also traffic lights out in Parts of Galway GA facebook excellent tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Wind picking up again in East Clare

hopefully nobody hurt there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

irishgeo wrote: »
    Is there a level 4 and 5 event?

It depends if we can pass Level 3. There should be a boss at the end of Level 5 so we need to level up and prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Mini Tornado in Kilmallock Co Limerick , blew the roof off a house .

You'd think they'd have something more than a wolly cap on their heads whilst clearing the fallen debris!

Our thoughts are with the emergency services who had to deal with that horrific accident on the motorway this evening. Several people are in a critical condition at UHG.

Galway advertiser

God bless them

Also traffic lights out in Parts of Galway GA facebook excellent tonight
    and with the RNLI who I'm sure will be on stand by tonight, those guys are heros and I know a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Interesting band of precipitation crossing the country early tomorrow, could be a surprising covering of snow in places...

Going to be a really cold day.

13121906_1818.gif

13121906_1818.gif

Alot of thanks on this thread go to Maquiladora, weathering, M.T.Caranium and a few others, without them we would be clueless. There are a few more guys that post regular update on storms and I thank thom also. thanks guys

Weathercheck also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

My weather station recorded a record low this evening at 17.55. 957.9hpa :eek:
    Can't upload to link to, website down.

Current: High: Low: Average:
    Temperature: 4.9 °C 10.4 °C 4.3 °C 6.6 °C
    Dew Point: 1.6 °C 10.2 °C 1.4 °C 5.6 °C
    Humidity: 79% 99% 79% 93%
    Wind Speed: 3.5km/h / 39.3km/h - 12.2km/h
    Wind Gust: 13.4km/h / 39.3km/h - -
    Wind: NW - - SSW
    Pressure: 972.8hPa 987.4hPa 957.9hPa -
    Precipitation: 36.3mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I should be sleeping but I am obsessed with the goings on of the weather around the country. I second that thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Temperature dropping away now and am anticipating snow/sleet/hail soon, Temp 1.7 C dew point -2.6 C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

have to say with out maq ,weathercheck,mt, iancar and many many others the weather forum would be a quite place to post,I am always learning something new from them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement