Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Distant rumbling in south kilkenny now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Radar indicates this moving rapidly towards Waterford, south Kilkenny, slight risk of straight-line wind damage with local gusts to 70 kt (most will see 50). Could be into inland southeast by 0800 and Wexford south Wicklow before 09. Not sure if can survive to Dublin-Kildare but timing there would be 0930-1000. However could also develop into several clusters with longer duration. Now back to the GFS perturbations (about one-third have the 920 low in the mix, the weak ones hold at 940!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just woken by it in south cork, serious lightning flashes outside the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Has got very wild here last few minutes Wind really hitting the house now

Getting a little closer now. Saw the flash that time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

GFS showing an historical storm for 27th across op and ensembles. However ECM just develops a small quick moving low at same time.

Weve lost power here in south kilkenny. Lightning and some very intense gusts at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Power gone, thunder, epic rain what more do you need on a Saturday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Lightning in Slieverue, no thunder yet. Dogs are quiet still so there must not be any nearby just yet either.

Edit - just started barking, probably on the way now

Wow...

131221_0000_78.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thunder in Castlebar, after waking me up, have family coming over on the ferry later, not sure if they will get over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Lightening just started in Arklow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Few rumbles of Thunder in Waterford City. Also heavy rain and gusting to 60km/h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Electricity just went out for a couple of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Xenji wrote: »
    Thunder in Castlebar, after waking me up, have family coming over on the ferry later, not sure if they will get over now.

Where are they sailing from? I'm close to Fishguard at the moment and there is a howler blowing right now, it woke me up.

Electricity is now gone in Arklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My lights started flashing like mad here in West Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Few rumbles of Thunder in Waterford City. Also heavy rain and gusting to 60km/h

Fair bit of thunder and lightning here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭prunudo

Massive flash followed within a second of the loudest thunder ever heard, power gone now too

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Electricity is now gone in Arklow.

Just had the lights flicker here...thought somebody must have lost power somewhere!

Heavy rain and gusty winds here now. Had a look outside for a while and could the odd very faint flash in the clouds to my south.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Merkin wrote: »
    Where are they sailing from? I'm close to Fishguard at the moment and there is a howler blowing at the moment, it woke me up.

Not sure, it is the others halves, could be a good thing :pac:.

Christ the hail outside is crazy, like a squall line just hit, winds are ferocious outside, thought the west was not gonna get it that bad today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Just got woken up by thunder and a power cut in Rathnew/wicklow town and now it's getting windier.

Power is back here. All quiet again.

Still in awe of that 924mb low on the ECM at just 3 days out. Never seen such a deep low so close to our shores on the ECM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Thunderstorm here outside Arklow.
    Powers out since about 715.
    Fair amount of lightning.

Flashing more regular, oddly I can't hear any thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

That was great. Nice start to the weekend. Now can we have the power back for the football please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Very short distant rumble of thunder here in Wexford Town, lashing and wind gusting more intensely in last few minutes, no lightening yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Power is back here. All quiet again.

Still in awe of that 924mb low on the ECM at just 3 days out. Never seen such a deep low so close to our shores on the ECM.

It just seems TOO strong for me to believe ! , dropping over 40 mbs in less than 20 hours is crazy craziness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Flashing more regular, oddly I can't hear any thunder.
    I've heard about four thuds very distant.
    Make that 6,last one louder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

Power out in Wicklow town and my other half says it is down in Rathdrum where he works. Some amazing sparks and rumbles woke me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement