Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Wind just starting to pick up a bit here now gusting to 55 km/hr. Temperature drop was very fast when the cold front went over, around 3.5C in 15 minutes and its now down to 5.4C. Dewpoint has just gone negative at -0.2C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Is flight radar accurate . Why is the plane center top of Ireland doing there?
    Paris to Mexico City /
    Strange route that takes it into storm

It will most likely track north of storm. While most routes west to North America seem to be heading NNW, if you look at a globe it is a pretty straight line. Common misconception I've heard people on transatlantic flights assume it's "So we're closer to land [iceland, greenland] and therefore safer"
    And the added live ATC, bliss.

Btw, Boards user Mech1, posting in this thread, is responsible for EIDW (Dublin Airport) ATC feed on liveATC.. fair play to him :)

EDIT: Now that dublin is quiet, plenty of diversions in the UK right now around London airports
    http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY38TM
    http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY75CR
    http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY79VU
    http://www.flightradar24.com/TOM607
    http://www.flightradar24.com/WZZ5GF

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What time is peak winds for Donegal Bay?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

peak winds donegal at 4 or 5am

snowing in tipperary (im not there but met says)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭xii

Anyone witnessing snow as this storm approaches yet and where if so?

If there is snow tonight in any region of Ireland at any level I will purchase a hat and gladly devour it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Right time for bed, Happy Christmas all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

Just back from the beach with the dog.. eerily calm while i was there (Sandymount, D4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

xii wrote: »
    If there is snow tonight in any region of Ireland at any level I will purchase a hat and gladly devour it.

Its already snowing even at low levels in some parts of the W and SW of the country (although with nil accumulations). Better go buy that hat then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Scan was from 22:30.

WMBas120.png
    WMBas132.png

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Tae laidir

Buoy M6 didn't make full report at 01:00
    Might be something to do with wave height 9.8 metres!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Wind really starting to pick up here, just had a gust of 68kph

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

xii wrote: »

I've had some tonight already, will you purchase a scarf for my snowman while you are in the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Donegal town, not a flutter.. 1.38

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Dungloe- sounding pretty stormy outside! Feels like the windows might blow in!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Low of 949 - lower than low point of previous storm last week. Earily quite....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

West Clare .. Hasn't been this stormy ever that I can remember and we've had bad ones..hail stones have fish in em...I hate fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

rambojon wrote: »
    West Clare .. Hasn't been this stormy ever that I can remember and we've had bad ones..hail stones have fish in em...I hate fish.

:pac::pac:

Really good breeze with the odd more-than-gust blasting through here in the Northeast. Sounds like it's picking up too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

There is an awful lot of travel disruption in the UK judging by reports, flights are continuing to be grounded through the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Tae laidir wrote: »
    Buoy M6 didn't make full report at 01:00
    Might be something to do with wave height 9.8 metres!

Just saw that :eek: & at 955.9. I'll have to stay up now to see the 2am report...

It's really weird here is Sandymount at the moment, one moment it's all still then the next there's a gust, the still feels like it's 'anti wind' for want of a better word, I was smoking just inside the back door a few mins ago (I'm bold I know, don't tell ;) ) & the smoke was filtering out like it was being sucked, there was no through draft, really strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

conditions in Mayo at the moment, not too bad...yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Edernish Weather Station beside Burtonport:

Wind from SSW
    77.2 km/h
    Gust:
    79.6 km/h
    9 Bft - Strong gale
    Today: 96.7 km/h 01:14

Its breezy now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Wind definitely picking up in D24. Im exposed at the bottom of mountains and the house just shook/creaked for a good 15 seconds - timber frame so there is always some movement in heavy wind, but this was really moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Flan_Da_Man

Very windy here now in Cork. Snow starting to fall. Glad i stayed up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Wind is really howling out there now ! - athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

N Clare: wind rising and dying (relatively speaking). I've heard as bad if not a bit worse before here. The notable feature is the sustained level of intensity once showers arrive. We're used to strong gusts here but the gusts tonight seem to sustain for the duration with some peaks in intensity. We're having hail showers but the last shower sounded sleety on the window pane. I'm about 2-3 miles from the coast inland. Not expecting anything major so far really. Will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings but for now it's sleepy time as I've a busy day tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

getting extremely rough in Mayo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭embraer170

Not too bad in mid-Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Not a puff of wind in Waterford city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

They are a bit rough yeah.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement