Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa

Options
  • 11-12-2013 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Hi Team,

Just a quick one. I tried to buy something online earlier but was prompted for a verified by visa password. I couldn't remember the password so I read on it, where I found out that most online ordering processes should give you the option to change your password. However, I don't think I was given such an option, and now I'm being told that my transaction isn't being accepted with my visa card.

I'm just wondering if there is any direct way to change the password with yourselves (BOI are my bank provider just in case it doesn't go without saying!)?

Kind Regards,

SFR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Soft Falling Rain.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Verified by Visa is an extra security measure put in place to protect you when you are shopping online.

Your Visa Debit card will need to be registered for Verified by Visa online initially. Once you have registered and have created your Verified by Visa password, you will need to remember it for future online purchases.

To check the status or to unlock your Verified by Visa account, please call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 / 003531 4044000, selecting option 6 for Visa and then option 2 for Verified by Visa.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I have a password set up but last night when ordering Domino's it asked me for something that appeared different.
    It looked like it was to set up a password, even though I have already done so.

Are all customers being asked this or was I just confused?  I was allowed to select not to do it now.

Is it correct that using this password makes me liable for anything that gets 'stolen' from my card and not the bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi PeteK*, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

If you call the Verified by Visa Team on 0818 365 365 365 / +353 1 4044000 - options 6 and 2, a representative will look into this for you. 

Verified by Visa offers extra layers of security for purchases. 
    The Verified by Visa Team can answer any questions you have about security and you can find information on the advantages of the service here  

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement