Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grassland sheep scheme

Options
  • 11-12-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Anyone get paid?
    Also anyone get the sheep census form yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Sheep census form came yesterday. A note came with it advising you can complete online.
    Census date is next Sunday.
    Cause farmers don't take days off.
    Staff in Portlaoise are also going to come in on a Sunday to help clear any backlog!:D

Would you put Cheviots in as low-land or Mountain breed!

Not in the grassland scheme. How does it work, and what are the practicalities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Nekarsulm wrote: »

I put mine in as mountain along with the blackface.

I noticed the Sunday date too, Godless feckers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

For the craic, I rang Portlaoise, and asked the lady in the DAP section what she would classify a Cheviot as.
    "I don't know anything about sheep breeds"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

For the craic, I rang Portlaoise, and asked the lady in the DAP section what she would classify a Cheviot as.
    "I don't know anything about sheep breeds"

What's most beneficial as I'm sure you could successfully argue both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Did not get It yet. Is It apx 7 euro a ewe . Or is It a combination of ewes and area . Anyone on The border line With numbers for Das payment. And not in an envioroment scheme .you have chance to Buy a Few ewes now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Sunday is because, usually no or little movements take place,

otherwise sheep being sold could be omitted or if sold farm to farm may listed in duplicate (on 2 separate farms)

no word of payment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Salmonman

Did not get It yet. Is It apx 7 euro a ewe . Or is It a combination of ewes and area . Anyone on The border line With numbers for Das payment. And not in an envioroment scheme .you have chance to Buy a Few ewes now

As far as I know it's €10 for breeding ewes only,nothing for lambs that were kept on

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

Salmonman wrote: »
    As far as I know it's €10 for breeding ewes only,nothing for lambs that were kept on

Yes as far as i know its based on the average number of ewes on your last 2 sheep census forms. ( so the average number of ewes you had in DEC 12 and DEC 11)
    You don't need to do anything else other than have a SFP application made that year to qualify.

But i haven't got the census letter yet or any payment for last year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Partick Thistle

Some people that joined AEOS 3 had to increase thir sheep nos due to undergrazing of commonages. This should be borne in mind when filling Sheep Census

Some people that joined AEOS 3 had to increase thir sheep nos due to undergrazing of commonages. This should be borne in mind when filling Sheep Census

Apparently under some European law (I think) a number (like max/min) cannot be applied to a piece of land unless it's applied to all land (it would have to be applied to all land, lowland as well as upland).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Wooly Admirer

Sheep census form came yesterday. A note came with it advising you can complete online.
    Census date is next Sunday.
    Cause farmers don't take days off.
    Staff in Portlaoise are also going to come in on a Sunday to help clear any backlog!:D

Yes the Sunday is down to some duplicate claiming going on. One farmer having ewes in the morning, moving them to another in the evening. Still possible on Sunday obviously, but at least marts are out of it.

Cheviots definitely classed as Mountain for the census.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Got census form today, are Lleyn sheep classed as upland or lowland, or both

To my mind Lleyn would be lowland not mountain, there's no upland option on the census form I got. Upland and mountain would be two different things.

Christ The dep of ag are pains

• Registered Users Posts: 23 richiebon

didnt get grassland payment yet Did anyone/ havnt got census form either...

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Didn't get it yet either.

Got census today . So I'll buy 100 ewes in mount bellew Saturday and sell them in athenry on Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

According to the Journal it was paid on Thursday and should be in accounts in a few days

Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

no money

just tried to do the census online and it does'nt seem to be set up yet ..

was supposed to be available from 15 th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Nothing yet here either

• Registered Users Posts: 23 richiebon

got it this morning....

yes got it. Less than expected but welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

I got a payment - unsure if it is the last 25% of Reps or the Sheep payment as both similar amounts. How do you know which one it is?

Got it too . Prob closer to 7 euro a ewe.

Got mine this morning. Looks like it will be 2014 before I see any DAS or AEOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

Salmonman wrote: »
    The payment slip shows a Rate per Hectare of €50.90 but only on some of my land.

A friend who has 20 hectares more than me got paid on less hectares and got almost half the amount of money that I received. I can not figure out how they calculated this years payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Got it today.

30 hectares(maximum I think) paid at 50.90 euro per hectare less deductions of 190.17 for modulation and financial discipline.

Got it today.

30 hectares(maximum I think) paid at 50.90 euro per hectare less deductions of 190.17 for modulation and financial discipline.

So where does the number of ewes come into it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

Got it today.

Neither I nor my friend got paid on 30 hectares. He got paid on less hectares than I did

Advertisement