Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnection worry

Options
  • 11-12-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi
    Wondering if you could tell me what are the procedures for disconnection? I have a large bill that I am trying to pay and have been refused a Payment Plan by Electric Ireland. I am told if I keep trying to pay so much much every week I will e ok but I am Worried sick we will be cut off. I have two small kids!!
    Thanks on advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Edel,

If a set instalment plan is not agreed, we cannot guarantee continuation of supply, however, disconnection is the very last resort.

The procedure that is followed is something that is largely dependent on the individual case. More broadly speaking though, the best course of action for any customer in this situation is to pay into their electricity account whatever/whenever is possible, as this is reflected on their account history.

Have you enquired about a keypad meter (this is a facility for customers to pay towards usage and arrears combined)? Not every customer is eligible for a keypad meter as there are certain criteria that need to be met, but we can check for you if you private message me your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address/telephone number. Just to note: we can only discuss account particulars with the account-holder.

I am here until 6pm.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 47 edel26

Hi Edel,

If a set instalment plan is not agreed, we cannot guarantee continuation of supply, however, disconnection is the very last resort

The procedure that is followed is something that is largely dependent on the individual case. More broadly speaking though, the best course of action for any customer in this situation is to pay into their electricity account whatever/whenever is possible, as this is reflected on their account history.

Have you enquired about a keypad meter (this is a facility for customers to pay towards usage and arrears combined)? Not every customer is eligible for a keypad meter as there are certain criteria that need to be met, but we can check for you if you private message me your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address/telephone number. Just to note: we can only discuss account particulars with the account-holder.

I am here until 6pm.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hi Una
    Thanks for your reply

We have been working with MABS and can pay €100/week at the minute! I have been ill and missed last months payment and my payment plan was cancelled as a result! I have tried explain this to the staff on phone and now I'm sick with worry that we will be disconnected!

Pm sent

Hi Edel,

I have tried to reply to your PM but there is a notification coming up advising that sending private messages to you has been disabled.

If you go into your user control panel (CP) on your profile and "Edit options", there should be a facility to enable this.

Kind regards,
    Una

I've tried this Una and it's saying I cannot receive Private messages!! ?? I can give you my own e-mail? (If I'm allowed do this on here?)

Hi again Edel,

We cannot send emails but if you are on Facebook, drop us a private message if you wish.

https://www.facebook.com/ElectricIreland

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Message sent! 

Just for an update for everyone reading,I know there has been a lot of interest in my thread! I had a call this morning from Electric Ireland and they set up a payment plan for me! 
    Just want to say that I found the staff on the phone so unhelpful  and ignorant (the ones I spoke to anyway)but only for Una on Boards I wouldn't have gotten anywhere! Thanks so much Una! Your a credit to Electric Ireland!! 

Hi Edel,

I'm very happy to have helped - thanks for the feedback.

Glad the issue has been resolved for you. :)

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement