Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW WWE Theme Music Wars Tournament -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Hogan Hogan Hogan Hogan Hogan.

Why? Cause it's ****ing Real American, I'm not even American and I can't help singing along with this every time it comes on. I'm not a Hogan fan but I love his theme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Has to be Hogan, I get goosebumps listening to it even now. It suits his 80s wrestling character down to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Gotta be Hogan. Real American is actually a good song.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ultimate Warrior. I may not think it's the best song ever, but I'd take it over Hogan any day. I hate Hogan's theme with a passion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'll call this one a draw. 1-1.

Strange as the themes are very different but if I can't pick a clear cut winner. Both iconic, both helped in getting the person over, both cracking tunes in their own right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Hogan

Another poster summed it up perfectly in that you don't have to be American to feel pumped up listening to that song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,987 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hogan - He was a superhero and that theme suited him perfectly :p even none wrestling fans knew that tune

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

As much as the whole patriotic stuff gets on my nerves most of the time, I'm going with Hogan. Such a great song. Perfectly cheesy and well worthy of a place in the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Liv, your vote (and other votes) Wont count unless you give a reason :) 5-1 to Hogan at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hogan for sure , As TBC said im not even patriotic for america but when that kicks in it just does something to ya ha

Hogan wins it! Hulk doesnt do the job fro teh Warrior and goes through

Next up, Bradshaw and Ron Simmons take on FAAAAAAAANNN.....

APA - Protection

vs

Fandango - ChaChaLaLa

First to 6 votes wins and for Liz (and others) please give a reaon or your Vote wont count :)

Have to go for the APA. The theme was bad-ass and a truly fitting intro for a Simmons/ JBL run-in. It could make any crowd pop.

Well **** this is a difficult one....

Fandango's is pure cheese but it goes so well with the character, plus the added bonus of audience interaction.

APA's theme is again perfect for them and really hard hitting, and again a decent track. But it doesn't have that audience participation factor which just pips Fandango past the winning post for me, so Fandango dances his way to victory in this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

APA's theme was cue that there was about to be a serious ass-kicking. Real markout but it doesn't mask the fact the theme is a tad bit generic. Fandango's is quite a opposite. Is should be classed as truly pants but it's a perfect tune for the character. A bit of a throwback to themes of old without being completely naff (ala Man's man)

Fandango.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

APA. The further it gets in the competition the more I like it. It's basic but it works really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Going to go for the APA too, similar to Austins in a way where once you heard it you knew there was going to be some serious beatings, suited them perfectly too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

APA. I don't care for Fandango's theme, feels more like a flavour of the month thing than anything. APA's on the other hand, when it started you knew sh*t was going down. It was simple, and it got the job done.

I normally wouldn't go nuts for a repetitive theme but the APA's is one of the better tunes in that category. It has that "Sh!ts about to go down!" feeling about it

APA

5 APA VS FANDANGO 2.... Will Fandango make a come back ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jd1594

Fahhhhhhhhnndahhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnngo is my guilty pleasure at the moment. So I'll have to go with him.

• Advertisement

For me it's Fahn Dahn Gooooooo.

Easy choice, night after WM in a nutshell, long may in continue.

APA. When it hit you knew someone was in for a world of hurt. It suit JBL and Ron. Down to business nothing fancy

APA just about squeeze by Johnny Curtis and his sultry Fandango Theme to advance

Next up, 2 not so guilty pleasures as it seems lock up

Billy Gunn - Assman

vs

Steven Regal - Real mans man

First to 6 Votes wins it and VOTES HAVE TO HAVE REASONS TO COUNT, so if you just post the name of the wrestler it wont count.

Assman

I don't get the love for the regal tune on here, it's awful

Do I even need to say it?

Real Mans Man. While Billy Gunn has a cheesy theme, it's not on the same level as Regals, nowhere close. Ass Man is a crap song, but Real Mans Man is an anthem, a tribute to everything right about being not just a man, but a real mans man. It's what we aim for in life, do you want people to look at you at and say "That guy? He's an ass man" or do you want people to shed a proud tear, hold their head up high and say "He's a man, a real mans man!"

Ass Man. The song is pure cheese but it also mirrors my opinion on the buttock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

x43r0 wrote: »
    Assman

I don't get the love for the regal tune on here, it's awful

That's exactly the point! It's awfulness it what makes it so awesome. I barely even remember Billy Gunns.

Regal all the way!

Have to go for Regal. It's a pure cheese theme for an ill-fitting and ridiculous character. How can you not love it?!

I've had a long time to think about this one, and I'm still no closer to making a decision. While Ass Man was the BEWP BEWP factor, it's come up against an icon in corniness.

I'd imagine this is like picking your favourite child. I just can't do it.

3 votes to 2 so far in favor of Regals theme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Two equally ridiculous themes. But in this instance it's the oh so awesome and criminally under mentioned Titantron video that wins it for Regal in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

I'm voting Regal...just for the cheese factor alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Going with Billy Gunn, loved that theme in the days, still know all the words lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Never liked Regals one at all, Always thought it was so silly...now before im flamed i know Gunns one sounded silly aswell but he was MR Ass so it made sense in that context so that gets my vote

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah ya gotta love Billy's entrance song though . Def gets my vote

Billy Gunn. For two reasons. 1) It's a song about asses, Vince McMahon paid somebody real money to come up with a song consisting of the numerous things Billy Gunn liked to do with asses and 2) To crush the dream.

I've avenged JBL's first round knockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

I can't help but love 'Real Man's Man'. It's cheesy yet epic! That's where my vote lies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Tough choice, but Regal for me too.
    I love the Billy Gunn one and it arguably has the best lyrics of any WWE theme:
    So many asses, So little time
    A little tight one, Can stop me on the dime
    I'm a lover, Of every kind
    The best surprises always sneak up from behind

I mean Jesus Christ that's amazingly awfully brilliant. But Man's Man is just awesome - it's the bass vocals that add the perfect layer of cheese to it. So solemn and 80's cowboy show intro-esq.

A bit of controversy here, while Billy Gunn got six votes first, Furious-Red didnt supply a reason as per the rules. Now Regal has reached six votes. So ill give decide this way

If Furious Red alters the vote and gives a reason with in one hour ill allow the vote to count. If not, then regal wins as per rules.

• Advertisement

He voted for Billy because he loves Billy.

I do believe it has been an hour since the notice went up, justice is served and Real Man's Man marches forward?

Jester252 wrote: »
    He voted for Billy because he loves Billy.

Im afraid Furious was a bit vague, just writing "Ya gotta love Billy Gunn" Sorry but its not reason enough for me.

I do believe it has been an hour since the notice went up, justice is served and Real Man's Man marches forward?

Real Mans Man marches on

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Real Mans Man marches on

image003.jpg

JUSTICE!!!

After the closest and probably most controversal match yet, Steven Regal marches on after a close match with BA Billy Gunn, yet might have made a few enemies in his manner of victory.

Next up, The Best in the world meets the Big Red Machine

CM Punk - Cult of Personality

vs

Kane - Fire and Brimstone original theme

First to 6 wins and ONLY VOTES WITH A REASON ARE COUNTED.

Kane. A good classic theme, and the only hope I have for Kane getting further. It's not as good as Slow Chemical in my view, but it's still a damn fine song for him.

Besides, I liked Punk's old theme better :pac:

• Advertisement

U7bciPH.gif

Gah, bloody Regal. I now understand how every heel in history felt when their plans go up in smoke.

I'll go with Kane for this one. Cult is just a song that CM Punk decided to use. Kane's is a piece that will always be synonymous with the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Kane. Love that guitar style - and again, the big, empty heavy metal drums.

CM Punk's one always makes me smile for the reason that I convinced the missus it said 'C*nt of a Personality', and I told her that nobody limed him because he was a dick. She believed me.

Chagan wrote: »
    U7bciPH.gif

Gah, bloody Regal. I now understand how every heel in history felt when their plans go up in smoke.

The dream lives on!

untitled-4145yem.gif

My vote here goes with Kane. Sorry Punk, as much as I like the song, Kane's first theme is pure brilliance and he has never topped it. To be honest, I actually think it's better than Undertakers theme. It should have never changed, because everything after it just palls in comparison.

Wow, shocked that Punk is being overlooked here, he was my pick for runner up. I'm gonna break the trend and vote for Punk, great vocals, loved hearing it live at WM and very listenable.

Punk for me too - One of the few themes I have in my music collection

One of the most listenable tunes in this contest

• Advertisement
Advertisement