Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW WWE Theme Music Wars Tournament -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Cm Punk has that initial hit that I think makes a good intro, but Kanes has a weight to it that suited him and his style. I think Kanes intro will always be remembered so i will go for Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I came into the thread to vote Ass Man and got sidetracked :(

I was gonna vote Punk here but couldn't be fooked with this comp anymore now cos that Regal theme wrecks my head. If the comp was called Cheesiest theme ever it would prob win hands down tbf. But I can't take part any longer as I see the Regal theme going all the way.

/Rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I came into the thread to vote Ass Man and got sidetracked :(

I was gonna vote Punk here but couldn't be fooked with this comp anymore now cos that Regal theme wrecks my head. If the comp was called Cheesiest theme ever it would prob win hands down tbf. But I can't take part any longer as I see the Regal theme going all the way.

/Rant

Ah now Kankan, dont be like that. TBH i think Regals theme, though it may have a slight cult following. It had a lucky draw so far but I can imagine other stronger themes ultimately dominating it. Dont be disheartened. In the last round it was a case of 2 cheesey themes against eachother.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think Regal's theme will be like Head Cheese. It'll get surprisingly far, but I just don't see it winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This thread has it all... Screw jobs, dusty finishes and now KanKan taking his ball and going home. Brilliant. (Wonder is it all a work??!)

Punk over Kane for me. The interruptive nature of the theme just screams 'big F'n deal'. Then there's the bridge to the main part which is kinda chaotic too. Cult of Personality to advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i love cult of personality great song and it suits punk. so punk to advance for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

CM Punk for me. I, Jetser252, love CM Punks Cult of Personality. Cult of Personality suits CM Punk excellently. The song, Cult of Personality, is a perfect description of CM Punk attitude. Cult of Personality opening riff including the break is great for CM Punk to interrupt other WWE superstars.

I hope my vote and reasoning are clear enough :pac:

Its 5 votes each folks, next vote clinches it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Have to go with Punk. Crowd still pops to it. Was a great change up from his previous theme and debuted during the summer of Punk.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dern it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Jester252 wrote: »
    CM Punk for me. I, Jetser252, love CM Punks Cult of Personality. Cult of Personality suits CM Punk excellently. The song, Cult of Personality, is a perfect description of CM Punk attitude. Cult of Personality opening riff including the break is great for CM Punk to interrupt other WWE superstars.

I hope my vote and reasoning are clear enough :pac:

Sorry, you can't vote for Shelton Benjamin in this round.

And CM Punks cult of personality theme comes back and slays the red giant in kane.

Next up , an iconic attitude era theme, takes on the theme of the choosen one

D-Generation X - Break it down

vs

Drew Mcintyre - Broken dreams

First vote to six wins it and votes must have a reason to count.

DX. It's iconic. It encapsulates the attitude of the Attitude Era. It helped launch one of the biggest stables of WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

I thought Punk was a goner there, glad to see him fight another day.

Tough choice this one, I like the McIntyre song as a whole, but don't associate it with any big moments, whereas DX is usually followed by a rather large pop and the excitement that something big was gonna happen.

For this reason, I'll plod for DX.

DX.
    Drew has a good song....., note the word song. We're looking for the best theme. A piece of music that when it plays, your hype levels go to maximum. DX is one such theme for me. You knew that these guys could kick ass just as good as they joked around and you where in for a treat.

The theme that led two legends down to the ring has to beat the song that led a footnote to the ring.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

DX is iconic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I enjoy drew's theme because they actually gave him a song rather than a generic mess but the DX theme just has so much history and importance attached to it before you even begin to discuss the intro, guitar riff and rebellious lyrics that helped define the attitude era

DX to go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

DX for this reason. That song has two versions of an intro. You can go with 'Are You Ready' for the epic build up to the pop or you can go with 'Break It Down' for the quick interrupt. d-generation X to advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ouch. DX is an absolute icon so I have to go for that.

Broken Dreams is a great song, but it's just that. DX transcends that level so it's DX for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Absolutely mortified that Regal's theme knocked out Ass Man.

Going to log in every 30 mins to make sure I vote against Regal next time he's up.

DX head past the cocky early theme which pushed McIntyre to Intercontinental gold

Next up 2 ECW originals clash

Chris Jericho - Break The Walls Down

vs

Tazz - 13

FIRST TO 6 WINS AND PLEASE GIVE REASONS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jericho. Pretty iconic these days and a good song to boot. Taz's was kind of cool but way prefer Jerichos.

While I'm happy to see either theme get through, I'm going to pump for Taz. It encapsulated his badass hardcore image. Plus it was my go to theme for Smackdown on the original Playstation.

That long moment of nothing between the 11th and 30th second of Jericho's annoyed me. Also, I remember that it took a good 10 seconds to skip his intro on one of the Smackdown games which really pissed me off.

Loved hearing it again upon return but I'm going to go for Tazz because "Break the Walls" pisses me off so damn much and I'm still raging over finding out that Assman got knocked out.

This is probably the toughest one for me so far as I like both a lot.

Gonna go for Jericho though. I feel it just nicks it as it holds up when played out at length whereas Tazz's becomes repetitive after it's brilliant opening

• Advertisement

Love Taz(z)'s theme, the flatline and the beat is a great theme to walk down the ramp to, especially if you're a bad-ass like Tazz.

But I'm afraid I'm gonna have to vote against him in favour of Y2J. Hard to think it's nearly 15 years old (albeit with minor changes between versions). Jericho clearly is avid about music, and the fact that he hasn't wanted to change his theme over the years speaks volumes about how good this one is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Tazz. Another case of a simple piece of music being super effective at getting over the nature of the character. Jericho's has always been one that I didn't hate but I didn't particularly love either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

It's tough, 'cause I think both work beautifully, especially for their build ups then eventual bang...however what tops it here is the brilliance that finally hits after the first "Break the walls DOOOOOWWWWWWWNNNN!", it just can't be beat.

Y2j for me. Great theme and iconic. Suits jericho perfectly

Y2J. An iconic theme are a good song in one. Work excellently with Jericho rocker/raver image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Y2J. Mostly just for the epic intro after the countdown

Y2J bgets past the Human Suplex Machine Taz to advance

Next up, two great move sellers collide ......

Dolph Ziggler - Here To Show The World

VS

Bret Hart - Hart Attack

First to reach six votes wins it and only votes with reasons count!!!

Bret Hart all the way. Great theme. Always got a big pop when it hit. Worked for both his face and heal runs and massively out-shadows the crap that WCW used.

Maybe a controversial comment, but, after the initial moment of greatness that is the opening....I think Brets theme kinda sucks. It becomes very generic very fast and nothing more of great interest happens, just like Austins theme. I think people get excited by it because it's Bret rather than a good theme.

Dolphs theme has that brilliant opening pop also, and it's not the greatest theme in the world by any means, but it hold my attention a lot longer than Brets, so I know I'll most likely be alone on this, but I give it to Ziggler.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Bret. Love the squealed intro.

Also, I despise that Ziggler one. Hate, hate, hate it. It gets stuck in my head, I hate the singer's voice and that tippy tappy drumbeat in the verse is awful.

I completely disagree

I think Bret's holds up well when played at length. That and the iconic opening riff is enough for me

Bret to advance

I'm going for Dolph here. Bret's just never got to me.

The actual rage when something cool is happening and then Dolph's intro comes on wins this one for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dolph suits his gimmick perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

definitely Dolph

deadybai wrote: »
    definitely Dolph

Give reason please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Give reason please.

sorry forgot to. Brets is repetitive and I think that Dolphs is better because it suits his gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I'd give it to Dolph. The theme just suits his character so well. Also the pop it got the Raw after Mania 29 is a favourite PW memory of mine.

I know I voted for Dolph, but I honestly didn't think anyone else would, I'm very pleasantly surprised!

deadybai wrote: »
    sorry forgot to. Brets is repetitive and I think that Dolphs is better because it suits his gimmick.

That's no problem, I just do not want a repeat of what happened to Assman :(

I'll join the rest of the Zigglypuffs, Bret's opening riff is iconic, but not sure if the rest of the theme suits him. Whereas Ziggler's suits him down to the ground, when he comes out he the song becomes part of his energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Has to be Dolph, that song will always have fond memories for me from that cashin. I'm going to go watch that on youtube now actually.

Bret for me I just love that opening riff

Dolph some how manages to knock out Brets entrance theme in what has to be considered an upset.

Next up The Rated R superstar takes on the WWEs creepiest superstar...

Edge - Metalingus (Alter Bridge)

vs

Bray Wyatt - Broken Out of Love

First to 6 wins and all votes must give a reason to count

Well this is a tricky one. Edge's theme has that immediate pop, some pretty decent lyrics, works for both Edge's heal and face characters and ties in well with his persona overall. Meanwhile, the Wyatt's theme is immensely different from the majority of other WWE themes, has an underlying spookiness and is something that you could easily have on your iPod.

It's a hard choice but I'm going to go with Edge's theme because of it's longevity.

• Advertisement

Wyatt's theme is really growing on me, fantastic song that really kicks in a minute or so into it. Unfortunately we never hear that on screen because they cut it off too early.

However, regardless of who it's up against, my vote goes to Edge, my pick to win this. Great theme, no other gets me as pumped up and excited as that intro, whether he was coming out for a match, or just interrupting a promo. Always made a great return theme as well, i.e at the Rumble or cashing in.

Advertisement