Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW WWE Theme Music Wars Tournament -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Close call but I'm giving it to Edge

Much better pop and vocals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Edge for me. I love his theme, while not my pick to win it runs rings around the wyatts. Great theme deserves to go through.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Though one . Wyatts is a great theme for the character of the Wyatts especially with that long walk down . But i feel Edge just pips him to the post with the massive energy that comes off his theme , So edge for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't like the Wyatts at all(incase anyone wasn't already aware), but their song is just better and suits them down to a tee. The Wyatts win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bray wyatts for me. Fantastic theme which is a perfect fit for his persona

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

It's nice to see that it won't be a whitewash. The Wyatts theme doesn't deserve that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

*Bmm bmmm bmmm bmmm bm bmmbmm bmm* Just an absolutely amazing start to any theme for a creepy hell, it works so well. And then the song is equally as creepy. Has to be The Wyatt's for me.

Very close though, love Edges theme too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Edge. It's the stronger of two strong themes. I give it to Edge as it's better suited to popping a crowd, which could be argued is the point of an entrance theme in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Edge theme is brilliant. Better for the pop. Wyatt family is better for their gimmick but Edge is a better song overall. I give this one to Edge because it really has that big fight feel to it. When Edge is headlining wrestlemania and this song plays, you know that sh!t is about to go down! dont think that you would get that feeling is the wyatts were in a big world title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Edge's for me. Love that that vocal opening theme developed from what it was to the kick ass track that it finished up being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Edge.

The symbol of his later days. Such a buzz when it played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Edge adavances to the next round at teh expense of Bray Wyatt and his family.

Next up its Maryses future hunbbie versus Cutis Axels Daddy

The Miz - I came to paly

vs

Mr Perfect - Perfection

FIRST TO SIX VOTES WINS IT AND YOU MUST GIVE A REASON FOR YOUR VOTE TO COUNT!!!

Perfect.
    Much prefer the big swelling, orchestral stuff to the half emo half rap ****e that is the Miz's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Perfect. As I said in previous rounds, there is something timeless about a wrestler using an orchestra piece as their theme, just look at Perfects, Savages, Flairs, Kurt's and Bryan's. They are all timeless and they instantly make the guy coming out look like a big deal. I also love how, even without the theme changing, they can work in very different ways for when a guy is heel and a face.

Not to take anything away from The Miz however, I think it's one of the better modern themes and it suits him down to the ground.

I gotta give it to Miz, love his theme suit him to a tee. In regards to TBC comment, I agree that an orchestra piece in a theme says something special about the wrestler However that not the case with Mr.Perfct. His theme just seems to be an afterthought. It was like he was in the gorilla position, going through the checklist of what he need and than the realized that he had no music and just used the first theme he found.

Miz for me

One of the better modern themes and suits his arrogance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Perfect.

Just a theme of immense grandeur. You knew a big star was coming when you heard it. Also love the way it goes to a crescendo and back into a lull. It's a big time theme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Perfect....it was the Perfect theme for his character!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

The Miz's theme isn't bad, but it's not amazingly memorable. Mr. Perfect may be repetitive, but it suited him perfectly as he walked to the ring, the tempo, the splendor and the magnificence of it epitomised the man himself. Perfect gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Mr.Perfect. It's a pleasure to listen to. There's no negative to it, you could almost say it's. . . . . . . . flawless.

• Advertisement

Mr Perfect gets it 6 votes to 2 over the must see superstar

Next up! its a battle of Money!!!!!

Million Dollar Man - Everybodys Gotta Price

VS

Shane McMahon - Here comes the Money

First to 6 Votes wins and give a reason or it wont count

AND PLEASE DONT SELL YOUR VOTES :)

Has to be Shane O'Mac. Great theme that works well as a heel or face. Up tempo and ipod friendly. Suited Shane down to the ground.

Million Dollar Man all the way - Opening with the greatest laugh in wrestling history followed by the great 80's guitar riff and suitable lyrics

I love Shane's for the pop that the opening bit generates but it doesn't have much to it other than that

MDM to progress

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh :D

*Does the Shane dance*

Million Dollar Mans theme just annoys the hell out of me, it's too repetitive and the song distracts from what Ted is saying during it. Shane's however, while a little repetitive, isn't at the stage where it becomes annoying.

I'm gonna vote for the one that says 'money' the most. Where's that abacus of mine?

In truth, I prefer Shane O'Macs, Ted's laugh is iconic, but overused way too much, even to this day, so every time I hear it it just annoys me. Shane's theme is cocky, arrogant and he pulls it off to perfection. Vince Jr Jr gets my vote.

Shane-O for me too. great intro and decent rap for what it is. MDM's is good, but it's that shrill violin strike or whatever it is that gets to me. The opening is a bit too Abba for my liking too.

Going with Million Dollar Man, because I think it did a great job of getting him heel heat from the moment he entered the stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

shane o mac great theme and its not repetitive as much as the million dollar mans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

MDM...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

brinty wrote: »
    MDM...

Beaker's not gonna like this :p

Ted DiBiase's for me. It was just heel heel heel. Much like Ted himself his whole WWF career. The laugh and the corrupt greedy lyrics were spot on.

Shane O Mac

I will probably vote him the whole way through. An awesome, fun theme song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has to be Shane O' Mac for me too even with his little Ali shuffle dance awesome catchy theme tune :p

Shane O'Mac shuffles his way past Millionaire Ted to advance
    Next up, Its The Gold Guy versus the Game

Goldust - Gold Lust

vs

Triple H - The Game

FIRST TO 6 VOTES WINS IT AND YOU HAVE TO GIVE A REASON OR YOUR VOTE SIMPLY WILL NOT COUNT.

I'm going to pump for Goldust. His theme debuted in 1995 and he's still using it. It still sounds cool and has staying power. It as part of his character as the gold face paint. Its lack of lyrics allows it work as both a face and heel theme.

While the Game is an excellent theme, HHH has used others to equal effective. I can't imagine an alternative theme for Goldust.

So my vote is for Goldust.

Triple H for me

I like the rock feel of it and the initial riff generally brings a pop out of the crowd.

It also has a kind of 'big match' feel about it, which I can't really explain but it doesn't sound out of place at the main event of mania. I would say The Rock and Ric Flair's themes have the same intangible quality

• Advertisement

Well I really hate to see Goldust go at this stage, his theme should make it further, but alas HHH Time to Play Game is one of the best themes ever. The opening riff is so simple but it works so well, the lyrics are perfect and it never gets old. Plus the length of it is a massive bonus, because the song reaches a bridge by the time HHH hits the ring, allowing him to do his water spit in time with the music. It is perfection and could win the whole tournament...provided it doesn't meet Real Mans Man of course!

My opinion for HHH's theme changes every couple of days. Sometimes I think it's great, great opening riff, perfectly suited to him. Other days it just annoys me, boring and Lemmy's voice just grates through me - like the time he sung it at WM and forgot all the words.

But I do think it is the stronger theme of the two. Don't get me wrong, I love Goldie's theme as it's perfectly creepy for his character, and the whole 24 Karat Productions intro is a great show, but my vote just about goes to the COO.

I'm going for Goldust because of my love for him and the uniqueness of his intro.

HHH. Its part of an elite few. It works as a theme, it gets you pumped, it has the initial hit, it has longevity. It is also a good song, one that can be played outside of the wrestling crowd and still be liked. Goldust needs Goldust to work with out him its nothing. The Game can hold it own without the help of HHH

Goldust wins. As I'm pretty sure any theme thats up against one done by Motorhead will for me. For HHH it is all about My Time. The Game does not compete. Goldust's is proper epic.

• Advertisement

Trips for me. Motorhead are ideal for pro wrestling. Also, as greats as Goldusts is, it sounds like am nature documentary soundbed. Seriously, YouTube a video of antelope there and have it playing in the background. Seamless.

its 5-3 for Hunter as it stands

Ill close this match in 45 mins , if no one votes, Hunter goes through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Going with Goldie here, loved his theme just reeked of being epic including the actual entrance, never loved that Triple H song always preferred King of Kings or My time.

It is perfection and could win the whole tournament...provided it doesn't meet Real Mans Man of course!

You belong in the deepest pits of hell for suggesting that damn song to be apart of this competition.

R.I.P. Assman

Though I do respect how you successfully created said cult.

Triple H goes through and lives to fight another day.

Last match of the round, Its one former booker versus Booker

Booker T - Can you dig it?

vs

Erci Bischoff - Im Back

first to 6 votes wins and votes must have a reason in order to count.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

This is a very tough one, i love Bookers but going with EB. theme suited his character down to the ground and i always popped when i heard it and still do, have it on the ipod too so just really like erics song more overall

Gotta go with Booker, while Bischoffs theme suits the character, I just don't think it's a good theme at all and is quite forgettable. I can't see Booker making it past the next round 'cause it's only an ok theme in my eyes.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    You belong in the deepest pits of hell for suggesting that damn song to be apart of this competition.

R.I.P. Assman

Though I do respect how you successfully created said cult.

When I did stand up comedy I used to come in to Real Mans Man and I once sung it with Nigel McGuinness and Cary Silken in Liverpool, so that themes been good to me! :P

Booker. I find it always floating around my head, one of my overall favourites and one I don't tire of.

Mr. T gets my vote. Neither theme are too exciting, but Booker's has a decent intro which often got a decent pop, plus the rest of the theme is quite intense and memorable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement