Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW WWE Theme Music Wars Tournament -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Booker T. Just got the my hype levels elevated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Bischoff..the music suited his slimey, smarmey character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Book
    The fire works and Spinerooney followed....
    Bischoff just bored the pants off me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I'm going with Bischoff.

When that music came on, it really was an iconic slap in the face for everyone in the ring, backstage and in the audience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Have to go with Eric. I'm not a fan of the Book mans, but I liked Eric's somewhat as a song, but even more so for how it represented the character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah Bischoff for me, instant heel heat with that vocal intro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

5 all, next vote wins it. Bischoff has made some come back.....

beakerjoe wrote: »
    5 all, next vote wins it. Bischoff has made some come back.....

CAUSE HE'S BAAACCK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I'll give it to Bischoff. There aren't many things that can make Eric Bischoff appear more smug than he actually is. This theme managed to do so brilliantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bischoff. Fitted him like a glove and I always found Bookers dull and repetitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Booker T - that hook line can you dig that sucka really sticks with you and stands out

Bischoff Wins. Next Round starts tomorrow....

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Bischoff Wins. Next Round starts tomorrow....

If Real Man's Man qualifies before I get home tomorrow, I will cry.

All depends if its drawn to be in the first match....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

cathalio11 wrote: »
    If Real Man's Man qualifies before I get home tomorrow, I will cry.

There are always those who don't support a dream, but a dream always lives on regardless! The dream of Real Mans Man making it to the quarter finals as a support for the silly side of wrestling would be amazing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

cathalio11 wrote: »
    If Real Man's Man qualifies before I get home tomorrow, I will cry tears of joy.

Let me fix that for you.

We are down to the Last sixxteen folks. Some big themes fell in the last round like Bret Hart and Booker T, while popular themes like Gangrel and Assman feel by the way side.

Heres the last sixteen

1. Hulk Hogan
    2. Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy
    3. Triple H - The Game
    4. Steven Regal - Real Mans Man
    5. Dolph Ziggler - Here to show the world
    6. Edge - Metalingus
    7. Chris Jericho - Break the walls down
    8. Kurt Angle - Medal
    9. CM Punk - Cult of Personality
    10. Mr Perfect - Perfection
    11. Evoultion - Line in teh Sand
    12. Vince McMahon - No chance in hell
    13. ShaneMcMahon - Here comes the money
    14. Eric Bischoff - Im Back
    15. APA - Protection
    16. DX - Break it down
    The first match will be up shortly

Here we go lads and ladies, The next round starts now

First up is former Corparate ministry stable mates going at it....

Triple H - the Game

vs

APA - Protection

First to SIX votes wins teh round and votes must be given reasons as to why you have voted for them to count [/B ]

APA. As has been said before, you just knew **** was going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Going with the APA too, never liked that HHH song and knew there was going to be trouble the minute i hard the APA's song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Had to think about this one for a while, tough choice, but I'm gonna go APA. Trips theme is decent, but as previously stated, on some days it just annoys me. Today is one of those days. APA is consistently badass, which is good enough for me.

While I love the game. APA is my pick such a overlooked theme, it suited Ron and John down to a tee. Nothing fancy just like the APA. They where there to do one thing and one thing only and that was to kick ass

I like Triple H's a lot. So cool, so good.

But the APA's is just so simple yet awesome. When the high pitched note comes in, it really is special for me.

APA gets my vote. A real dark horse to win this because so many people appreciate it and love to hear it.

Clean sweep for the APA. Very simple but, as this round has shown, very effective too.

APA with a statement of intent, Hitting Triple H for six without reply. They march on to the next round

Next up, Mr Ziggles takes on Easy E

Dolph Ziggler - Here to show the world

vs

Eric Bischoff - Im Back

FIRST TO SIX WINS AND VOTES ONLY COUNTS WHEN A REASON FOR THE VOTE IS GIVEN :)

Eric has run his course here. Love Zigglers, maybe my favourite of all time and my tip to win this, just can draw such a pop. Dolph for me

Both themes are slaps in the face for everyone involved when they play.

But I think Bischoff's is the bigger slap in the fact so he gets my vote again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Really tough one here but going to give it to Ziggler. It actually works for him as a face and a heel, is a really good tune and just suits him down to the ground!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Bischoff for me

It's so brilliantly smug and does exactly what it needs to do to draw heat

I'm also on team Zigglypuff, there are no weak theme's left at this point but my personal preference is Zigglers, much more intense and fits his persona perfectly.

• Advertisement

Bischoff theme shouldn't have made it this far, I really don't understand the love for it. It's very flat and while the lyrics work for the character, they are sung in such a flat way that gets lost.

Zigglers however is one of the finest themes of the modern generation and when he brought it it pushed his character right into the next level. An excellent theme and one that could take on most of the remaining themes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

eric for me. great theme for him an instant heat magnet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I'm going to pump for the Bisc-HOFF. It's a wanker theme for a wanker. Suits him down to the ground.

Dolph. Great intro, fits both a heel and face Ziggler and has the nostalgia of his cash-in attached too.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Bisch for me. The lesser evil of the two. I do like the pop at the start, but after that, it's banality beats Zigs overall awfulness.

5-5, going to a deciding vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'll give it to Bischoff. Zigglers is a tad bit generic. Given the time EB gained the "I'm Back" theme was probably one of the best timed themes.

The prick was back and the theme fit like a glove.

Bischoff makes it two 6-5s in a row. Get in!

Steven Regal gets knocked out and I'll sleep well for a year.

Bischoff sneaks it again. hes in the Last 8 at the expense of the Show Off

Next up, an old feud revisited.....

Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy

vs

Kurt Angle - Medal

First to 6 votes wins and votes only count when accompanied by a reason as per usual

• Advertisement

This was an easy one, HBK's theme is iconic. Perfect mix of cheese and persona, worked as face and heel and has easily stood the test of time.

HBK please.

Gonna have to vote for the dickhead again.

Angle. The audience participation was awesome. Everyone secretly loved it.

Though I have to give a word of love for HBK's. Stunning entrance.

Kurt Angle gets my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Medals for me. Perfectly encapsulated Angle's character heel or face. Perfect for crowd participation with the "You Suck" chant (when it wasn't the most annoying thing in the world ever, thank you very ****ing much Steve Austin!)

Kurt for me too, never liked shawns theme at all, angles got such a pop and always had the crowd going nuts be it as a face or heel, angle for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Has to be HBKs. It suited his personality down to the ground whether it was as a cocky heel or a crowd favorite. Also, nowhere near as repetitive as medals. Don't get me wrong; love Angle's theme but only one superstar ever used Sexy Boy

HBK. The theme is the most iconic theme of wrestling history. It has existed for over 20 years and defined an era of wrestling. The song had lead us into many historic matches. The first ladder match, the first hell in a cell match, the first elimination chamber, the first 60 minute iron man match, just to name a few. This theme is wrestling.

• Advertisement

HBK should win this whole thing to be honest.

Angles theme, while brilliant and suits him perfectly, just doesn't come close to the greatness of Sexy Boy. It's an iconic theme, it's not repetitive and there is a reason why Shawn never changes it. It is perfection and has no flaws against it what so ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Kurt for me

Such a grand theme, the orchestra really makes it. The you suck chants just made it better

Angle. A real powerhouse of a theme, repetitive as hell but it gives off a vibe that says a legitimate star is walking out to it. HBK's makes me cringe at times nowadays, he's just too old for it now.

Kurt Angle, for the audience participation and I'm still angry about not getting to vote for Dolph.

Kurt Angles Medal knocks out one theme I thought was destined for the last 8 at least in HBKs Sexy Boy

Next up , a few icons of the attitude era take on a real mans man

Steven Regal - Real Mans Man

vs

D-Generation X - Break It Down

SIX votes will separate the men from the boys, and only votes with reasons given will count.

• Advertisement
Advertisement